September 2018 Moms

Elective HCG Blood Tests

Yesterday I went to my mw to figure out baby or UTI. They took blood and checked my HCG levels. When she called me today, the mw invited me to come get blood draws every week until my 1st appt (1/30/18). She said my insta would cover it, but it was completely optional just in case I needed peace of mind.  Is this normal? I've never been offered before.

TW: 
I had a loss in 2016. Could that be why?"
“My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances” 

Re: Elective HCG Blood Tests

• I feel bad but I totally lol'd at your "insta would cover it". I love instagram so all I can think is that your IG game must be STRONG! But I get you meant insurance. 

My RE does two blood draws to be sure HCG is doubling. They offered me a third if I wanted it, likely because I have a previous early loss. I chose against it and kinda regret it now. If your "insta" really does cover it, you have the time for it, and it would ease your mind, I don't see why not to do it. 
  • lumosmaximalumosmaxima member
    edited January 2018
    I had​ two as well, and only because I asked for them. It's really up to you...how long do you have to wait before your first appointment?
    Edit. Duh I can't read. I would probably do it since it's a longish wait. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @SkilledSailor I am having issues with my phone today. Autocorrect is set to +#/$&#@*

While I am on IG (episcowitch), I typed ins in my post. When I read your comment and reread my post I was laughing and cussing at my phone. 
    “My darling girl, when are you going to realize that being normal is not necessarily a virtue? It rather denotes a lack of courage." - Aunt Frances”