January 2018 Moms

GTKY: Favorite thing

burnsmommy27burnsmommy27 member
edited January 2018 in January 2018 Moms
Since our board has all but died and we are barely into January, maybe this will help (maybe it won't)

What was your favorite thing about the holidays? Could be finding the perfect gift and watching that person open it. Could be special traditions. Could just be being off work and laying around: you tell us

EDIT: stupid bump cut half the original post off

Re: GTKY: Favorite thing

• DH had a few days off work (he works constantly) so it was really nice to spend time with him and get some baby prep done. Also, DS LOVED his presents so it's been really fun watching him play excitedly. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not having to deal with as many stupid people as normal at work since most people were off for the holidays :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Ordered pizza and watched diy channel reruns. Just the three of us. Baby was 6 days old and I wasn't willing to bring her around a crowd. 
  • I loved watching DD open her gifts and play with them! She's learning so much.
  • I got the best Christmas present of all, my beautiful daughter. We were in the hospital on Christmas day so we didn't do Christmas with DD1 until the 27th. But it was so fun to walk her down the hall to the tree and watch her open her gift and play with her new kitchen. 
  • Two favorites from this year’s holidays:
    1) DH took me to the Memphis Symphony Christmas concert and I loved. every. minute. of. it. It’s something about a Christmas concert like that, it never fails to get me in the Christmas spirit. 

2) My family was together on Christmas. We almost lost FIL a few days before (Sorry I keep bringing it up- it’s my life at the moment. Promise I’ll move on when he’s better!). All 7 of us were together for several hours on Christmas *and* they’d just got FIL off the vent so he was awake and talking to us. And even after we left the hospital all of us siblings stayed together. That’s one of my favorite things about DH’s brothers, when times aren’t tough, they’re all committed to sticking together. ❤️ We did the same on NYD- hung out in FIL’s room and just watched football. I wouldn’t have done it any other way. 
    January 2018 Board September Siggy Challenge: Fall

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The food! My family revolves around eating really good food at the holidays. Honestly, we are all food snobs. I made a beef tenderloin for Christmas dinner this year and it was sooooo good. We do charcuterie boards to munch on and everything is made from scratch. My pregnant self gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks. My midwife was very pleased.
  • I love when’s folks do fancy food on holidays @Cricket99 ! I mean I like the standard holiday fare, but it can get old having it on Thanksgiving, all the Christmas and New Years events and even bleeding over into Super Bowl stuff (can you tell the IL’s are big on fingerfood/snacky stuff?). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @burnsmommy27 We had a nice little second Christmas when I got home from the hospital too. DH brought some of DS’s presents to my parents’ house so he could open them Christmas morning, but his big stuff - twin bed, pedal bike, and a few other things - stayed at home until we were all together.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Our Christmas was really quiet, just the three of us. I also enjoyed planning and cooking stuff that I wanted, without having to consider anyone else.

One of my favorite things was doing the Advent calendar with Ds. My grandma made it, and it's been in the family for more than 30 years. Was always a big tradition for my brother and I. DS really did good with it. 
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)

• @mindaa we have an advent calendar made by my grandmother too! It’s such a great tradition! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Christmas Eve traditions and watching DD open her gifts. This year when she realized she was starting to run out of gifts she told other people to take turns to make hers last longer. Be still my heart.

• ^^ my DS opened all of the gifts, including those to me and DH. He's still talking about it  :D
    Me-37, DH-38
    Married in 2006, TTC #1 since Jan 2012

Baby Boy born June 1, 2015

He settles her in her home as a happy mother of children, praise the Lord! (Psalms 113:9)
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understand, will guard your heart and mind in Jesus Christ (Philippians 4:7)