February 2018 Moms

34 Weeks! EDD Feb: 11-17 (Week of Dec 31)

1) 34 weeks!!  Almost there 6 weeks to go!
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: Have you packed your hospital bag yet? Bonus Q: Do you feel prepared for baby?

Re: 34 Weeks! EDD Feb: 11-17 (Week of Dec 31)

• 1) Feels so close and so far away yet too.
    2) Still hip and back pain, with some added light-headedness that I need to bring up at my next appt.
    3) Not until next week
    4) Excited that today was my last day of work before mat leave but man am I going to miss most of the people I work with.
    5) My plan is to get it packed by the end of this week. And in some ways I feel prepared and in other ways I feel like I still have soooooo many things to do to get/be prepared.
  • ) 34 weeks!!  Almost there 6 weeks to go! Yay!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Feet are swollen otherwise feeling good.
    Tuesday Jan 2nd and Friday Jan 5th
    We are using the bump essential baby checklist and almost have everything on it...so that's satisfying. 
    5) GTKY: Have you packed your hospital bag yet? Bonus Q: Do you feel prepared for baby?
    Nope...havent packed it yet...maybe next week.  It seems final if it's packed so procrastinating that and getting seat installed.  Starting to feel like I'm ready. I feel once I meet her then I can buy more...right now if feels weird to buy clothes. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) 34 weeks!!  Almost there 6 weeks to go!
    I cannot wait to be off work! 2 weeks holidays make me really not want to go back at all! 

2) How are you feeling? 
    So sore and stiff! And just completely exhausted!! 

Not till next week!

No hospital bag packed. And my work is about an hour and a half away from the hospital so I probably should get on that soon! Or at least put the car seat base in! 
    I do not feel prepared at all but I'm kind of sticking my head in the sand and pretending there isn't only 6 weeks left! I have everything I need, somewhere in my house from DS. But it is not "ready" for baby to come home! Maybe in the next couple of weeks! 
    Cannot believe how close we are, especially since I'm only expected to get to 36-37! Starting to feel very not ready to have another baby in 3 weeks!

2) How are you feeling? 
    Actually pretty good.  Laying low for my preterm labor concerns has had the fringe benefit of substantially helping my SPD, so other than the usual pregnancy complaints (can't bend over, heartburn, feeling heavy) I've had a pretty decent week.  

Regular appointment on Thursday.

Happy to have another 4-day week due to the holiday this week, and another coming up for MLK day in a couple weeks! And with transitioning off most of my work, it should be pretty quiet until this baby comes.

Packed my bag after spending a couple of days in the hospital and I'm glad it's ready to go (except for the last-minute essentials that can't be packed yet).  Logistically we are ready -- emotionally is another story.  But, as I learned from my first, I don't think anyone is ever really emotionally ready!
  • @kaitie12-27 I’m so jealous you are on maternity leave! Lucky you! 

@Chawk17 Try compression socks, those helped my swollen feet, and I’m usually on my feet all day long. 

@kbrinks2 I’m with you on the two weeks of holidays... it really makes you not want to go back to work. 

@psm2462 Glad you had a good week and that the bag is packed! That’s awesome! 
    Time sure is flying by! 

2) How are you feeling? 
    I started getting pubic bone pains a few days ago, to the point where I couldn’t walk or put pressure on my left leg. I’m guessing it’s the ligaments and cartilage softening and my body just isn’t used to that yet. I’ll ask the OB when I see her in a few days.

34 week OB check on Wednesday. Then a visit with our newborn photographer! Woo! 

Question: My LO is chilling (and has only been) on my right side. I can feel her butt poking out and it’s making my belly lopsided. I looked it up and people say it’s normal, just the baby getting ready for birth, but man is it uncomfortable! Has anyone else experienced this? I’m sure I shouldn’t worry, but until I see the OB on Wednesday I will. 

Oh God no. I haven’t packed a bag. DH and I have talked about it, but haven’t gotten around to doing it yet. I don’t feel ready for baby. We don’t have a bassinet yet, I haven’t had my baby shower yet so I don’t know what else I need to buy... I’m freaking out a little. 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    fighting a cold so not too hot. Sneezing hurts my abs or lack thereof.
    not till the 9th
    we had several visitors this weekend. Considering how cold it is I was happy not to leave the house. 
    i have been getting some judgement for wanting a med free birth and cloth diapers. My general tactic with this is to be non committal when people ask so they don't get defensive about their own experience. I totally understand everyone has their own journey and everyone needs to choose what is best for them and baby, I also understand that plans can change. Just sucks not getting any support on our choices.
    no hospital bag packed yet. Will probably wait till 37 weeks. We are having 3 baby showers  and maternity pics in the next two weeks. That plus work and a newborn basics class and I have maybe one free weekend until lo gets here!! Tonight I said to DH " isn't it crazy that we are going to meet this new person who we will be with for the rest of our lives? Unless she grows up and abandons us." Which made him cry. Whoops! I was half kidding..
  • @jenniferjoy37 my baby is sitting off to the side too! I asked my OB at my last appointment how they knew it baby was head down or not without an ultrasound and she said based on where the heartbeat is and the curvature of my belly she can tell baby is head down and over to the right of my belly. It's neat what they know just from looking! My belly feels heavy but all is good! 
    We can finally say that we are due NEXT MONTH!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Still pretty good. LO moves around a lot before bedtime, so sometimes it's hard to fall asleep!
    Later today for a checkup, then Fri for an U/S! After today's check-up, there are 2 only more appointments before my due date of 2/15!
    Still working on getting the nursery together, and also applying for day cares.
    We have our birth class/hospital orientation on Saturday, so will start packing the bag next week. We don't live far from the hospital, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I forget anything. I will feel more prepared once the car seat is installed, nursery is ready, and hospital is packed. Just need to finish some last-minute things!
  • 1) 34 weeks tomorrow
    2) been off work since Dec 22 and felt great the whole time, back to work today and pregnancy insomnia is back as is constant nausea :S
    3) check up on Friday
    4) my last package shipped from Amazon and I need to get one more days supply of cloth diapers and then I think we have everything for now
    5) I put my hospital bag together over the weekend and made a list of all the last minute stuff to grab (phone chargers, etc). We haven't installed the car seat because it's been -40 here and we have outdoor parking. It's supposed to be "warm" on Saturday so we will install it then
    Where has the time gone!? 34w on Friday!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm not sleeping well at all... it feels like there's a pile of rocks in my stomach. In full on waddle mode now and having lots of contractions.
    One on Monday and then I'll have either tests check ups or monitors every week until DD2 arrives. 
    Excited that my girlfriend is coming over tomorrow to help me bring up baby stuff from our storage unit. 
    I have nothing ready!!!! Hoping to at least get some baby things ready for the hospital this week and start gather things from different stores next week. I don't think anyone is ever really ready... even when you have your bags packed and set to go! 
  • @jenniferjoy37 your pubic bone pain sounds like how my SPD started... pain on one side of my pubic bone felt when weight bearing (I didn't have any of the usual SPD symptoms like popping of the joint or pain when getting in and out of bed).  Ice, rest, and a support belt have helped tremendously! Hope you get some relief.

Also, my LO has been consistently on my left side and I totally hear you on the lopsided belly.  As far as I know it's totally normal for them to favor one side over the other and very few are straight front to back.  Super uncomfortable though! There are some spinning babies movies you can try to get LO to shift position -- could be worth checking out :)
    Anyone else feel like these six weeks are going to be the longest ever?  I feel like I'm about two weeks out from having everything done I need to do before baby, and then it will drag on.
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Trying to sleep is the worst, but thankfully DS has stopped coming into our bed in the middle of the night so I get a little more room to toss and turn.  During the day it's not too bad, but getting terrible backaches if I'm on my feet for too long.
    Nope, not until next week.
    Rant: My almost three year old has very little interest in using the potty and I need the changing table for baby!  I highly doubt that he's going to be potty trained by the time baby arrives. Any suggestions on temporary changing tables for toddlers?
    Rave: I'm so happy I had last week off so I could organize baby stuff, toddler stuff, and clean out my fridge and pantry.  My husband even jumped on the cleaning train and cleaned the basement (too much heavy lifting for me).
    Not yet.  I think I will pack it this weekend.  It will be pretty minimal this time around, I think.  And yes, I feel a lot more prepared for baby this time around.  I just need to check a few more items off my list and I should be good to go.  It's a lot easier preparing the second time around--as long as she stays put for about two more weeks I should be good to go.
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • @awb1216 I'm impressed your toddler still uses the changing table! Mine is way too wild for that.  We just change him on the floor :)  We just keep a basket of diapers and wipes handy and change him wherever we are.
  • @psm2462 Thanks for the advice! I’ll have to try a few of those things out. I think I did too much by packing up all the Christmas stuff myself that day. Rest certainly helps though. Back to work today, so we’ll see how all the walking/lifting goes. 

@awb1216 Nesting is in full force, eh? I wish I had the energy to clean out my fridge! We’re in the middle of painting kitchen cabinets right now and I’ll be lucky if those get put back on before baby gets here! 
  • Ugh a few of you are back to work today...I go back tomorrow and dreading it!! Good luck on your first days back. Goodbye sleeping in/ lounging  :(.

I am slightly excited to squeal at my teaching partner tomorrow ...she had a baby Jan 7, 2017...and texted me on break that she's due June 26, 2018!!! Itll be her 4th. 
  • @awb1216 we also just change our 2yr old on the floor. Usually in her bedroom because that's where the supplies are and there's a nice foam puzzle mat she can lay on.
  • 1) 34 weeks!!  Almost there 6 weeks to go! 4 for me!
    2) How are you feeling?
    I definitely got super pregnant overnight. I spent Sunday and Monday feeling like a beached whale. I can't sit up on my own, I can't bend over, I can't put on socks. Sleeping is becoming hard now too.
    Standard appointment on Thursday to measure/listen to HB. I'm going to get the TDAP that day too.
    One of my friends sent an email about getting tickets to a theater show on Feb 22 or 23, and I wrote back "I'm avoiding scheduling things for February given I don't really know what life will be like then." She wrote back saying I'd just be super pregnant still, and I wrote back saying no, baby will be here. She then wrote back saying she thought I was due in March, and I said no, SCS on 2/2, she says "What, did they move up your due date?" and the whole time I'm thinking "We had a long conversation about all of this at dinner a month ago." I know I'm not the center of her universe, but seriously, we talked a long time about this.
    Nope, I'll probably do that in a couple of weeks. I feel materially prepared for baby, but not mentally. I told H I'm excited for the smiles and the cuddles and the coos, but not so much the poops, pees, pukes, and crying. H goes "Well, maybe right after he has a giant poop he'll smile at you and you'll be happy again!"
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

2) How are you feeling? I am definitely feeling old and pregnant.  I'm also totally done with this cold.  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow.  
    3) Any appointments this week? Regular check-in with OB tomorrow and my first NST, then a check-in with the endocrinologist for my thyroid, but I'm sure my GD will come up, too.  Then I end with my first prenatal chiropractor visit.  I think I'm most excited about that one.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? First, I need to state the obvious: getting up for work this morning was insanely painful. 
    I will probably hold off on the hospital bag for a couple weeks.  I do not feel prepared AT ALL.  DH has decided that the baby is coming about a week early and I will go into labor precisely during the tip-off of the UMD vs PSU basketball game on 2/7.  He also decided we will stay home and watch the game, then head to the hospital when it is over.  It's a nice little narrative he's created, but I hope he doesn't get too attached to his fantasy.
  • @babybro218 Ha! Men and their priorities, right? Crossing fingers he doesn’t get his way. 

@eggplantface Sorry about your friend. Seriously, who doesn’t remember something like that? Maybe she has pregnancy brain? 
  • @awb1216 we also change our 2 year old on any flat surface! The floor, a bed, the couch, a change table If I feel like it!

i still cannot believe how close we all are to our due dates!! Only 30 work days until my due date! 

2) How are you feeling? 
    Actually feeling pretty good. Less room for food and have to eat smaller meals. Heartburn and reflux suck. I still get bouts of fatigue that hit. Wondering if the nesting phase will kick in in a couple weeks.

NST appt. on Thursday and chiro appt. on Friday.

My older kids spent winter break with my ex-h and his family and fly in later this afternoon. Dd3 is super excited to have them home. 

Not at all. Probably not until 36-37 weeks. There's still a lot to get and do. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• @jenniferjoy37 My LO has been chilling on my right side for 90% of my pregnancy, so far :)  DH looked at my belly and said "Oh, you look a little lopsided!" 

@babybro218 lol to your DH's labor fantasy ;) 

@awb1216 I feel your pain re: potty training. my almost-3-yo DD will occasionally go pee on the potty, but will almost certainly still be in diapers by the time this LO comes. I'm trying to figure out where to store all the diapers!!!

@LadyMillil yay, another cloth diaper-er! My DD is in disposables now for daycare, but was in cloth for the first 2 years. it was great! we rented our newborn diapers with her, though, and won't be able to do the same this time around. I've had some fun researching options all over again ;)

1) 34 weeks!!  Almost there 6 weeks to go!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Pretty good! With travel done, and the most stressful part of my work year done, and holidays done, I've been feeling better than I have in weeks! I've actually gotten almost 8 hours of sleep for the last week (for the first time since DD was born), it's been awesome.

One on Friday. My US last week was normal-- contractions weren't causing any changes, yay!

This is the time of year that I fantasize about quitting my job and finding some way to work from home...

Nope and hell nope. I mean... we have all the essentials, but there is a long list of things I want to get done (eg. stock the freezer) to make life a bit easier in late Feb. We've been checking other things off the list, though-- finally got my TDAP and flu shots (omg, I cannot believe how difficult it was to track those down this time around!!), cleaned out DD's baby clothes, hired doula, etc. The one thing we reeeaaaallly need to do is line up childcare for when I go in to labor. Our labor fantasy is that I'll start right at 7am, with just enough time to drop DD off at daycare before heading to the hospital, and one of our moms will be able to drive in to town before 5pm to take over! With my luck, I'll start right at 4:45pm and get stuck in rush hour traffic ;)
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @katefb17 Hooray for sleep! DH is trying to find ways for me not to go back to work either. He would much rather me stay home. 

@soulcupcake I’m hoping the nesting thing will kick in too. I just need to stuff to nest with! Baby shower for me is this Saturday! 
  • DH planned this big get together with his friends back in May during my IVF cycle and my egg retrieval ended up being that day so he had to cancel 2 days in advance so I've already told him that if he makes any big plans in February that that will be the day the baby comes. Or if we have a blizzard. 
  • DH planned this big get together with his friends back in May during my IVF cycle and my egg retrieval ended up being that day so he had to cancel 2 days in advance so I've already told him that if he makes any big plans in February that that will be the day the baby comes. Or if we have a blizzard. 
    Wouldn’t that be something?! I always joked with my DH about our LO coming during a blizzard. I’m a California girl at heart and snow just isn’t my thing, but it would be just my luck to have her during a blizzard. Crossing fingers for the both of us that our deliveries go smoothly! 
  • @babybro218 with dd1 my DH insisted on buying tickets to see the new Star Wars movie on opening weekend. He bought them for the 2nd day, which was 1 day after my edd. Of course I went into labor that morning! Between contractions I did manage to give the tickets away so at least they didn't go to waste. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 @LadyMillil My DD was due on Jan 31 (2015), and we made the same jokes. DH grew up in the south and does NOT like to drive in the snow. DD was born on Jan 29th instead, we went home on the 31st, and then had a record snowfall that night!!

(which is just to say... fingers crossed that this year will be blue skies and dry all month ;) )
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @rmarie13 haha! DH wanted to go to the game, which is 3+ hrs from our house. I don’t say no to his basketball pilgrimages often, but I put my foot down with this one. So, now he’s developed a whole narrative around it.
  • One of the reasons I put snow tires on my car this year was in case I went into labour during a blizzard.
  • I would also like blue skies! We live an hour and 15 minutes from the hospital so I would like to get there safely and in a timely manner!
  • kaitie12-27kaitie12-27 member
    edited January 2018
    I live in Canada so I am legitimately worried about having my baby during a blizzard. Hospital is like 15-20 min away so it's not too far but far enough you don't really want to have to drive into that  :s

ETA: because autocorrect sucks lol
    Eeeek so close
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Tired. The belly grew overnight and gets in the way of everything. I'm now legit waddling. SPD per usual. Heartburn. Peeing more especially at night. Terrible headaches every now and then
    3) Any appointments this week? Yes tomorrow (Wednesday)
    Rave-we assembled the big stuff e.g. crib, dresser/changer, stroller. Still need to do laundry
    Question-
    Besides witch hazel what else should I add onto my padsicles?
    I feel a little prepared but not fully. Hospital bag will be packed once laundry is done which includes baby's going home outfit
  • I had my first NST today and was totally (happily) surprised to find out they do a quick ultrasound after to check fluid levels.  I didn't get any pics to keep, but it was such a nice surprise to see LO this morning!
    So awesome! I have to do those now every time I go in to see the doctor, but no US today for me. 2 weeks until the growth US to see if we need deliver earlier. 
  • I had my first NST today and was totally (happily) surprised to find out they do a quick ultrasound after to check fluid levels.  I didn't get any pics to keep, but it was such a nice surprise to see LO this morning!
    Same. We get ultrasounds with Nst 2× a week to monitor blood.  It's nice seeing her face often.
  • Awe, now I’m jealous you ladies get to see your babies every time you do the NST! @Chawk17 @babybro218
    Ahhhhhhhh!

2) How are you feeling? 
    just sleepy all the time. But otherwise okay. Occasionally I get this sciatica like pang. 

nope. Next one is next week. Then it's every week. 

just tired all the time. 

hospital bag not fully packed. It only has some clothes for me and going home outfit for baby. I live one block away from my hospital so i can always send DH home to grab something for me or for my friends to stop by my place (they live in my building) and pick something up for me. Prepared? No way. Lol.