March 2018 Moms
Options

MOMs(Moms of multiples)weekly check in for the week of December 31st

Hi ladies - This is for all of us expecting more than one little blessing! How are you doing this week? 
Feel free to post bump pics or ultrasound pics and of course babies pics when they finally get here.!.!

OUR Multiple Mommies!!

37wks cut off @Momma6angels11,@kikikav
38wks cut off @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake,@Mnddnvn,  @amanning2011@Sardavbak , @vflux33 

@lexigirl1228 ;EDD 3/4 B/B
@awolfff EDD 3/8 B/G
@Momma6angels11  EDD 3/9 B/G
@Sardavbak EDD 3/12
@vflux33 EDD 3/14 B/B
@i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake EDD 3/14 B/B
@Mnddnvn EDD 3/16 B/G
@Syssa-o EDD 3/21 B/G
@amanning2011 EDD 3/25 G/G
@Gingham EDD 3/26 B/B
@kikikav EDD 3/29 G/G

1. How far along are you? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??

2. Any recent appointment updates,if not when is your next appt?

3. How are you feeling?

4. Best moment with the babies this week?

5. Any Rants/ Raves/Questions, or  Advice ? 

Re: MOMs(Moms of multiples)weekly check in for the week of December 31st

• Options
    I will post sometime after Tuesday since I have my MFM appointment then.. I think alot of us have our appointment that day.
  • Options
    Yeah me too, I have a growth check ultrasound Tuesday and will hopefully report a higher %ile after that but who knows. I’ve gained about 29 pounds so far but ppl keep saying I look small for twins... pretty sure they mean it as a compliment, but it freaks me out a bit whenever someone says it.

In the meantime, an expecting MoM in my birth class and a current MoM who is a nurse in my hospital have both suggested my county/local MoM group. Do you guys have those, and are you joining? I guess the one here has gear swaps and meals for new MoMs, but there is a fee to join, and I can’t decide how much I’ll be able to take advantage of all the meet ups etc. Might be a cool way to meet ppl, though I don’t want my twins to only associate with other twins to the detriment of most other kids lol... curious to see if you guys are joining yours. I think it’s a national nonprofit so if you haven’t heard of it you may want to do some googling to see if there is one near you. I live pretty rural but the one here seems active, so there are probably chapters in most places.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @vflux33
    am planning on joining my local Moms group, I just haven't got that far yet. Also the closest one to me is an hour away. I really was hoping to do the expecting multiples classthey have,but have missed it twice now and the next one is the 20th so maybe just maybe ill do it then.
  • Options
    My next appointment is Tuesday, too lol. It's my Gestational Diabetes Screen so yay? It's also a growth check so hopefully I'll have more info after tomorrow :)
    Met 2004, Married 2011, Trying since 2013. Info in spoiler:

BabyFruit Ticker

Me: 30
    Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Him: 31
    High sperm count (yay!) but also super high fluid volume (boo!)
    First IUI, Clomid and Follistim: 11/29-BFN
    Second IUI, Femara and Follistim: 12/29-BFN
    Third IUI, Femara and Gonal-F (and Follistim): 1/28 BFN
    Fourth IUI, Femara and Gonal-F: 7/23 BFN
    IVF 1: Femara and Gonal-F: 1/23/2017
    Beta Study:
    Beta #1: 1/28/2017 4.1
    Beta #2: 1/30/2017 34
    Beta #3: 2/1/2017 131
    Beta #4: 2/3/2017 476
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
    FET 2: Femara, Gonal-F, and Clomid: Cycle Canceled due to low progesterone
    FET 3: July 7, Femara, Gonal-F, Clomid-BFP!!!!!! Due March 2018
    https://desertratpack.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    1. How far along are you? What are the babies sizes, or if you know their weights??
    30 weeks tomorrow. Last friday we had a growth check, both weighed around 3 lbs 11 oz. 80th percentiles
    Began bi monthly OB visits so have another next week. Still on once monthly growth checks with MFM.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Depends on the day. Yesterday was hard, lots of pain in my abdominal/bump area due from the weight and the stretching. Ordered a support belt which should be here in a couple of days so I'm hoping for some relief. 
    Felt one baby have the hiccups. It was so freaking cool.
    I'm getting really tired of everyone (even strangers) telling me how big I am. Although I know this is a good thing right now and I'm happy the babies are gaining weight and healthy, it never really feels good to hear how ginormous I look. The fam and I were out to eat this weekend and out of nowhere this guy asked me if I was having twins because his wife has been pregnant twice and never got as big as I am now...ugh. Thanks guy.

Oh and I washed my cell phone the other day with my laundry, full cycle. I had it in a basket and accidentally put it in the machine with my clothes. So yeah, pregnancy brain is very real for me.
    It's all good though, I've been meaning to get a new phone anyway. 
  • Options
    here's two pics of baby B (Caleb) from last week. Baby A was being shy so didn't get any face pics... <3<3

• Options
    I’m a dummy and posted in last weeks thread!

ust checking in! Sorry I’ve been so absent, just been an emotional basket case through the holidays. This pregnancy is seriously starting to wear on me not to mention I was just super sick from after Christmas to well, I’m just recovering now. 

Im 29 weeks tomorrow (I think!!) and I packed my hospital bag today. We don’t know how big they are measuring yet but I’m planning to ask at my ultrasound this Friday. 

If babies don’t make their entrance sooner, I will be induced the first week of March (we haven’t set a date yet). 

Is it March yet? D
  • Options
    28 weeks +2 days. According to the app babies are the size of eggplants but after my appointment today I doubt that
    GDS and growth check today. If I failed the GDS I'll hear by the end of Friday. For the growth check we found out that both girls' measurements are in the 10th percentile which is small even for twins so I'm being referred to a MFM to get new measurements. The midwife today said it could be tech error since the girls were moving so much during the ultrasound. I'm going to be seriously upping my protein to hope that they will grow a bit more. Also found out both twins are breech. The midwife said they might flip between now and going into labor, but the odds aren't high.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Other than the lots of not great news at the appointment just normal aches and pains.
    My dog decided he had to cuddle with me with his head on my belly. I could feel one (or both lol) of the girls kicking his head and he didn't even seem to notice lol.
    Not really, just really hoping the measurements from today were off. I'll hear from the OB's referral department be the end of the week to schedule the MFM appointment.

BabyFruit Ticker

Diagnosed with PCOS, later changed to unexplained anovulation due to high prolactin and normal testosterone levels
    Beta Study:
    Ultrasound: 2/14/17-Twin Etopic Pregnancy, surgery to remove right fallopian tube on 2/17/2017
  • Options
    @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake I feel you with getting tired of strangers, and acquaintances, telling me how enormous I am. The past few days 3 different people have said "look at you, you must be due any day now!" and I say "no, not until March" and they look horrified for me. Several co-workers have said: "oh, you're still here!" Thinking I should already be out on maternity leave.

@vflux33 I went to one meeting of my local twins group. The range of ages of the twins is quite large -- one woman there had twins who are 40! -- I was hoping to meet with twin moms who had kids closer in age to mine.  I'll try to go to a couple more to give it more of a chance, but so far I haven't seen many benefits from it. 

I also hit an emotional wall this weekend with lots of tears of frustration. For the most part I'm feeling good and it's been a healthy pregnancy so I feel like I can't complain too much, but my mobility is so limited I can't do a lot of things I enjoy or need to do...like exercising or even walking around or caring for my daughter for long periods of time or taking out the trash or carrying groceries and it's beginning to feel really frustrating. It's very icy and snowy where I live, so I'm petrified of falling and I feel like I can barely leave the house. My husband has been amazing though, taking care of both me and our daughter. Which just makes me feel more guilty and powerless to help. 

• Options
    @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake It's really rude of people to comment on size. I'm having that problem in the opposite direction. People keep telling me I look small for twins. Which is super awkward because I'm freaking out about their growth and don't want to discuss that with strangers, but when they say it I feel like I have to be like, "yeah they're too small..." 

@amanning2011 I’m in a very similar looking boat and also concerned (see below). 

@mnddnvn Interesting--I'm kinda worried the age disparity will make it weird and less useful too because the MoM in my birth class said all the kids at the one here were older. Does yours charge? If mine were free I'd probably join but just not go all the time. But since they charge I'm worried I won't get enough out of it...

30 weeks. At the ultrasound yesterday we learned that A is 6.6 %ile (I think she said 2 pounds 6 ounces) and B is 10.2 %ile (I think 2 pounds 14 ounces or something around there). 

Anxiously awaiting my OB's call or email about the weight issue. Clearly we're heading toward an IUGR diagnosis at least for A, and I want to know the plan going forward.  

3. How are you feeling?
    I'm on day 2 of Tamiflu, lost my voice on NYE and can't speak above a whisper still, though thankfully the fever died down and I didn't have to go to the ER. Of course, both the flu and the Tamiflu are not doing wonders for my appetite because of the nausea, which sucks because right now I feel like I should be eating all the things to help these little dudes grow a bit faster. I'm starting to get better though. Hopefully I'll be able to eat more again soon. 

Last Friday I went to see Star Wars and they were totally freaking out over the loud sounds. Whenever there was an explosion or crash I got a ton of movement! Also we got to see A smile at the ultrasound yesterday, and looks like B has hair so I guess I have him to thank for my heartburn!

I just want to hear back from my OB and also to not be sick. Be careful not to catch the flu guys! Flu season is super bad this year. I got the shot and everything and still have gotten like 2 of them plus a regular cold in between. I don't even live somewhere snowy!
  • Options

30wks 6d today (Tuesday 30+4 and baby A was 3lbs 6oz and baby B was 3lbs 10oz)
    I had my MFM appointment on Tuesday and got weights. I was like are you sure they didn't switch spots or something (baby b has always been on the smaller side but gained 1lb 10ozs in 4 weeks! Starting in 2 wks Ill be getting BBPs every week at the MFM.  He estimated them to be 6 pounders by 37wks when i will get induced or sectioned. Really getting worried as baby b was still breech this week. I also was supposed to have my ob appointment today, but they closed down office today til 1 and my appointment was a morning one. So i guess ill update when i know more.
    3. How are you feeling?
    Like crap!! Heartburn came out of nowhere and ive got one baby killing my bladder and on in my ribs..
    Seeing them on ultrasound again.
    i feel like a blimp and just ready to be done..

@Vflux33 and @amanning2011 if they continue to grow small they will most likely take them at 37weeks or even earlier if they fail bbps and nsts as they will most likely monitor them more often going forward. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 - oh girl, so sorry about the flu. I'm kinda freaking out that hubs has it because he started with lots of the symptoms last night. I got my flu shot, he did not (though not certain that matters all too much given the various strains). Anyway I just really really don't want to get sick. I'm already miserable and uncomfortable. But not a lot I can do now so just waiting and seeing. But the first sign of sickness I'm calling for some tamiflu! 

And I also agree about the size comments. What ever happened to "congrats!" or "how exciting!"? 
  • Options
    @vflux33 My local twin group is only $25/year but it's free for expectant moms. Maybe yours has a similar offer so you can check it out now without having to commit to the fees? I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    @mnddnvnI have felt the way you do with regards to mobility for several weeks now. I'm finally coming around to the fact that the house is not going to be as clean as I'd like and that's OK. And I have to ask hubs to do everything and get everything for me. Which I hate. I'm also having to think way more about my daily activities. Like if I have to go shopping that's all I plan for that day. And I use a scooter in-store or order online and pick up. It's crazy. I almost feel like I've turned into a 90 year old woman overnight!
  • Options
    @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake Be careful and don't let him breath on you! Also yeah, I wish I had started the tamiflu earlier--I think I'd be doing a lot better now if I had started earlier, but I thought I had strep at first before all my symptoms hit, plus it was NYE and a Sunday and then the next day of course was a national holiday so I couldn't even talk to my doctor until Tuesday. 

@mnddnvn Good idea--I will look into that!
  • Options
    @i-wanna-b-the-girl-w-most-cake I've been eyeing the scooters at the store. It may come to that before long for me too!
  • Options
    @vflux33 how would I find a local MoM group? I don't really know anyone else around me who has multiples so I don't have anyone here to ask. Also hoping all our twins start gaining lots of weight. Did your doctor recommended anything to help them gain?

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • Options
    @amanning2011 I’d look here for a local club: https://www.multiplesofamerica.org/find-a-club/

I emailed my doctor this morning and she just got back to me and said she hasn’t gotten the results yet so her office is going to bug radiology for me. There may be some protein shakes in my future, I imagine. I don’t know how to eat much more without making myself sick. Were you given advice on that? I hope we both gain too! I don’t understand why any weight has gone to other parts of my body (which it definitely has), when the babies still need it. You’d think they’d be prioritized naturally. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 I've been drinking protein shakes since I found out they are measuring too small. I think my midwife waited to give me any advice until after I've seen the MFM to make sure they really are measuring small and it isn't just technician error. I haven't gained a whole lot of weight (I actually lost 2 pounds between my last 2 appointments), but my midwife said my weight didn't have much to do with their weights which seemed odd to me. I agree, I though the babies would be prioritized by default, too. Were your twins measuring small from the beginning?

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • Options
    @amanning2011 Nope, they were perfectly average size throughout all of 1st and most of 2nd tri, then at our 26 week u/s they were 15th %ile, which was still normal *enough* to not trigger additional testing. Yours? If it makes you feel any better the OB I just talked to says this happens in ~ half of twin pregnancies. That made me feel a little better. 

Looks like I'm going to be getting biweekly NSTs and BPPs and my next growth ultrasound will be with a MFM instead of a tech. Apparently the cord blood flow looks really good for A and B, but we will be checking that once a week as well to make sure it stays good. No one is questioning the measurements from earlier this week, so just gonna get a lot of extra monitoring and eat all I can and see how things go from here. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 ditto, they were on target for all of my other scans and then just suddenly super small. I think that may be why the midwife wants to make sure they actually are measuring small. So I'll have a growth check next week with the MFM and then again the week after at the OB office. It wasn't mentioned to me how often it happens with twin pregnancies, so that makes me feel better too :) They haven't done any blood flow checks for my 2 yet, but with as active as they are during the ultrasounds it may be hard to tell lol

BabyFruit Ticker

Beta Study:
  • Options
    @amanning2011 Yeah with mine at the 30 w ultrasound this week the tech said whenever at least one measures below 10th %ile they automatically check the blood flow in the cords (at least at my HMO that's what they do). When it looks good for both babies that's definitely a good sign. I didn't hear this from the tech or my dr. but I've read online if the cord blood flow looks bad + under 10th %ile that's when you start having discussions about delivering them very early or getting a c/s super early. So if your next ultrasound confirms the size issue but the MFM says the blood flow is good you can breath a small sigh of relief  :)