August 2018 Moms

Anxiety Mama check in (12/31)

I thought I would try to keep this up to see how everyone with anxiety, etc is doing as we progress. 

Ive been on a winter break from work as I work at a University and I am semi dreading going back Tuesday. I’ve mostly been in the house in my pajamas for a week and I don’t feel like functioning just yet in society. 

My nausea comes and goes and seems to be getting better (I’ll be 9 weeks Tuesday) and in my head I know that in a few weeks I’ll get that energy back. I’m just having a harder time maybe because it’s my second and I kind of know what to expect over the next 7 months. 

Im bailing on a NYE party at my best friends house tonight. It’s 40 minutes away and doesn’t start until 8 and I feel worse at night. 
Also, I feel things are a bit awkward with us right now as she had been trying for a year and then had to have a D&C in October for a blighted ovum and I know is upset I’m pregnant so I guess I’m also just avoiding. 

Basically, I’m feeling bad for myself lately like I’m a bad person when I know things could be much worse and the end product of pregnancy is awesome. 

Re: Anxiety Mama check in (12/31)

• Hi there @scottishlass1213! I also deal with anxiety and mood issues in my regular (nonpregnant) life and am finding pregnancy to be an anxiety trigger for sure. There are so many changes and unknowns for an anxious brain to worry over, especially in the beginning. This is my second time being pregnant after an early loss back in June. I'm 7.2 weeks today and have been pretty much obsessively worrying if this pregnancy will "stick", over analyzing my symptoms, googling everything, etc. Right now my biggest worry is that my two most obvious symptoms (beast tenderness and nausea/sickness) were VERY strong last week, but have been coming and going the past couple of days. The times when I feel physically good, my anxiety kicks in and says "you're losing the pregnancy". Ugh!

I feel you on dreading going back to work. I worked the entire weekend and felt HORRIBLE the entire time, just wanted my PJs and couch and space to feel sick without having to fake feeling good. Also have a friend who did an IUI last month and did not get pregnant...and now I feel weird interacting with her.

I do think an anxious mind has a little more trouble finding the silver lining and staying positive, and reshifting focus during challenging times. This can make it feel like you're a "bad" or selfish person, but that is again your brain latching onto another worry. yaaaaaaaaay anxiety!
  • @lunamoon24, I'm having the same issue with lessening morning sickness/breast pain and worrying instead of enjoying it!

@scottishlass1213 , the party situation sounds difficult. It seems like one of those things where there is no good answer. No matter what, your pregnancy is going to be hard for your bff, which is hard for you.

My anxiety was super high about my 2 year-old's safety (no reason, just anxiety) before I found out I was pregnant. I had a miscarriage scare with him at eleven weeks, so I'm almost expecting something similar (or worse...) to happen with this one (I'm 6 weeks.) Instead of actually worrying about that, though, I'm fueling all of my anxiety-energy into stressing about the sex of this baby. Which I know know know is so stupid and shallow but... here I am. So I feel bad and selfish, too.

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah I think I am in extreme denial I am pregnant again even though I have had my first appt.  I think after the blood screen next week and another heartbeat lesson, maybe it'll sink in!