Baby Names

Looking for opinions on sibset

DS is Isaac, and I just found out we are expecting baby #2 in September. We were team green the first time around, but I’m not sure this time if we will find out the sex ahead of time or not. Isaac was an 11th hour choice on day #2 of DS’s life because the only boy name we liked (Maximus) didn’t seem to suit him. Our girl name choices were Isabella, Sophia, and Mira. DH is insistent if this LO is a girl we should use Isabella. I feel like the two “I” names is too cutesy and much prefer Sophia. Am I overthinking this? Do Isaac and Isabella go together ok? (We aren’t planning more kids after this so a third name wouldn’t be a concern.)

Re: Looking for opinions on sibset

• I think that they are fine together
  • BabyBoyH92016BabyBoyH92016 member
    edited December 2017
    It’s slightly cutesy, but not to the point where I wouldn’t use the name. I also really like the name Sophia. I would just go with the name you love most. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it’s a bit much - I don’t mind two names beginning with the same letter, but they both begin with the same 3 letters 
  • A bit matchy but i like both names 
    i dont think its over the top
  • It's not the same sound, so I don't think it's a problem at all! 
  • A little too matchy for me.  I like Mira best of your 3 girls because of the popularity of the others.  
  • emilyalso said:
    It's not the same sound, so I don't think it's a problem at all! 
    This. Plus having 2 kids with the same first initial is not like having 19. It's not "cutesy" with just two.
  • AlyLynn07 said:
    emilyalso said:
    It's not the same sound, so I don't think it's a problem at all! 
    This. Plus having 2 kids with the same first initial is not like having 19. It's not "cutesy" with just two.

Exactly what I was thinking
  • I think that two kids with the same first initial is fine. Once you get to three plus is when it starts to get silly.

• The two I names doesn't bother me but to me they are very different in style. Isaac is so clearly biblical and Isabella is so Italian/popular. I would like another old testament name for your girl better:

Abigail
    Rebecca
    Delilah
    Rachel
    Eve
    Leah
    Sarah
    Miriam

• Thanks ladies! I do think I’m overthinking it and it’s super early, so I have lots of time to hash things out with DH.  :D
  • *lurks while nursing because I'm a name geek* 

*sees one of my FAVOURITE bumpies is expecting #2 and freaks out*

I love Mira btw and also love you
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Zomg! @reneeannemm <3<3

yassssss number 2.....it’s crazy!

Also, I  <3 your Canadian spelling of ‘favorite’! Love you too!!