July 2018 Moms

PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check In, Week of 12/27

Hey everyone! I know we were doing this on Sundays but we haven't had a new one in awhile so I thought I would start it on its original day this week.

Just a reminder: there is a general loss trigger warning on this entire thread. 

1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  

4. When is your next appointment? 

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?

Re: PGAL (Pregnant After Loss) Check In, Week of 12/27

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  

10W 6D

So so tired still. Some of my food aversions have gone away though. I can eat veggies now!

Stressing out about my next appt.  During my first pregnancy, I showed up for my appt at 11W feeling very pregnant but there was no heartbeat. There were just no warnin signs. I am terrified that will happened again.

January 4th.
    5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here

So I went out and bought some maternity clothing.  I can still get by with pants that are stretchier (is that a word?) but my tops are really tight and I look like I have major muffin top. I  am cutting tags off as I need them in case the next appt doesn’t go well and I need to return them..

Oh so many to chose from. I would say listening to people chew and when people to tell me to smile. Why do I have to walk around smiling all of the time?!? Maybe I have a response I gotta b-face? 

10W 2D. My loss was at 8.5 weeks so I feel really excited to have passed that stage!! 

Very tired. No real appitite. Queasy.

Nervous. Anxiously awaiting every appointment, And dying to be in 2nd trimester already!

January 4th OB check up, January 9th- NT scan.

We announced to my siblings/mom on Christmas.  It was fun and exciting, everyone was very happy of course but it was earlier than we had planned to share. Its a little nerve racking since last time we experienced our loss only a few days after announcing. Last time tho, I had a weird intuition something was wrong. This time, I dont have that same feeling so hopefully all is well! I feel guilty my DSS and DSD don't know yet, (we had them the first half of the day, but they had left by the time we shared the news) I guess we are protecting them in case of the worst case scenario.

Negative judgey gossipy people, especially over petty nonsense. I have no desire to talk negatively about anyone behind their back. I do my best to always speak as if anyone is listening and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. You never know what others are really going through.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?   9 +6

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)  Meh, still nauseous in the morning a little, coffee still sucks, although more food sounds good lately. I often feel incredibly full and nauseous after eating a basic meal, which is annoying. I am not nearly as exhausted, and in fact after I detox from the crazy toddler and he settles for his nap, I am going to work out for the first time in awhile. Hoping to get a routine in after not working out for weeks because all I could do was nap!

I go through phases where I just don't feel pregnant. I couldn't find the hearbeat with my doppler at home (unsurprising, I couldn't last time either) and I know its early for that but still, I have had no confirmation of pregnancy other than turning a pee test at the docs office 3 weeks ago so ocassionally I get really nervous.

Tomorrow. I have two! I am hoping the do a doppler for the heartbeat but not gonna hold my breath. I decided to keep the one at the fancy hospital, as I was starting to feel weird about just going for the birth center without even checking about what the experience at the hospital with the NICU would be. Taking my son to both so wish me luck! lol. He's going to be lovely.  

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve?  Ugh I came up with this and I don't even know! I'll have to think. I like @babybakie 's though!

@babybakie congrats on passing your milestone! 

@chaser61 that's my worst fear right now, going in for my NT scan and finding no hearbeat. During my first pregnancy, I didn't get an ultrasound until 12 weeks and it never even crossed my mind things wouldn't be fine. This time, I worry. Also, I stopped telling people to smile, specifically the kids in the hall at work when I was still teaching, because I didn't want the kids to think they weren't allowed to be unhappy. We are all allowed to have our feelings and express them appropriately. I don't want to be told how to feel why would I do that to others?

• Thanks @smashjam! Passing that milestone felt very reassuring. 

I don't have a home doppler but i read some of the bump ladies talking about it and it seems you may need to be further along for them to reliably work. I considered getting one but I think it may make me  worry unnecessarily when if doesnt work right!

Good luck tomorrow at your appointments! 

12+6, well past my milestone, getting close to 2nd tri! 

My baby hairs are growing in which is bittersweet. Some back and hip pain. Sore boobs, but really only when I wear a real bra. Overall feel pretty normal, I'm glad the nausea seems to be over. 

Pretty good, I was a wreck before my NT scan but once I saw the heart flickering away I felt so much better. 

Jan 11th

90% of them are driving related. Slow drivers in the left lane, getting cut off, people who are clearly texting and driving recklessly, so much more. 

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  10 weeks today. My last milestone is 11 weeks. I'm so close and cannot wait to pass it.

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Still crazy tired all the time. I'm very grateful that I have this week off work, so I can rest and do some freaking re-couping. 

Up and down. Last week I was bracing myself for getting bad news at my 1st US appointment (which is next week) and the past couple days I've felt pretty good about it. Am I showing a little? Is it just bloating? We're debating in front of the mirror and the idea that we think I MIGHT be showing a little is exciting and reassuring.

My first US is on Jan 2 and it cannot come soon enough. Right after that is my next midwife appointment where I'll get blood drawn.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? When people don't squeeze the water out of the kitchen sponge and it gets all disgusting because it sits wet. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

• @smashjam I hope your appointments today went well!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @SmashJam can't wait to hear good news from your appointment!
  • 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  11 w 6 d. My loss was at 5 weeks and a few days so well past that. 

Still pretty nauseous, a little cranky, boobs hurt, tired.

I had been doing pretty well but I've had a setback. I'm very very lightly spotting (like only when I wipe) and it has me wrecked. I called the doctor yesterday and they weren't concerned at all and just want me to monitor it to see if it worsens or if I start getting severe cramps or back pain. So far none of that has happened and it has stayed about the same. It's not even every time I wipe and it's brown. It still has me on edge though. I don't think I'll really feel better until my appointment. 

Friday morning 

My daughter got bit at daycare today by the same kid who scratched her face last week. I'm so annoyed!

Hmmm. Errant apostrophes at Christmas time 

• ow far along are you? Any milestones?  10 weeks tomorrow

Come and go. Worst is for adversity currently. Nothing sounds or tastes good.

Anxiety is up there. Posted in previous about not funding HB with Doppler. Ended up finding it again though last night. I have to always also go to you tube and listen again to a video so ensure what I am hearing is correct even though I already know the sound. 

Have a hard time waiting until Jan 15th for next sono

4. When is your next appointment?  The 2nd I go for blood work. Once I get those results and know this isn’t a partial molar pregnancy then I will relax completely. Might maybe ask for them to Doppler at that appointment to to check before I get the blood drawn. Because I’m crazy crazy.

I’m so over working currently. Being exhausted and being a bedside nurse sucks. Of course my patient yesterday was 550 pounds and I’ll i can think is how much this sucks because I don’t want to do anything to harm baby but it is impossible to not be lifting at all!

My pet peeve is racist people. Get to KNoW someone then make a judgement not based off skin color or religion.

• @SmashJam hope your appointment went well!!!
  • @Savanna111911 That is frustrating. We are all told that spotting is normal but you see it, it is like ahhhhhhhh! It is a good sign that it hasn’t increased.

@elizabethrn87 Glad you found the heartbeat. I have not purchased a different Doppler because I heard it is difficult to find the heartbeat so early. And 550 lbs! How do you lknow for that much!?

@DynamiteTrujillo I keep trying to figure out if I am showing too. I keep asking my husband but I think he equates it to “do I look fat in this outfit” and doesn’t answer.

@SmashJam Good luck with your tours!

10 weeks today! After getting pushed back a werk I felt like I was 9 weeks forever lol.

Tired. Alll the time tired.

Anxiety has been better.  In fact my therapist moved me to every 3weeks now vs every 2.

Jan 2.

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  12 weeks 6 days, well past all 4 loss milestones thankfully!

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) ? Still pretty sick. One day I think its improving, the next is awful. I think I'm starting to show a bit, but mostly just look chubby...

Pretty good actually. We announced to extended family over Christmas and for some reason people knowing actually has made me feel better about it. 

not until January 22nd-seems like forever

5. Rants/raves/whatever (Dear diary posts and venting are welcome and encouraged here) My rant is at myself. I have had no patience today with my poor 2 year old. He's just being a toddler and I'm being a total crab. Hopefully nap time will help me reboot.

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Bad grammar.

• 1. How far along are you? Any milestones?  12 weeks today! I just had my NT scan yesterday and all was perfect. I hoped it would be, since we did PGS testing for our embryo, but my doc scared me a little when he said he likes to do all testing because he just attended a seminar where they said since the PGS testing is performed on the future placenta, you should always test the fetus as well. Another thing for me to worry about. Eek!

2. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Just when I think I'm feeling better, I get nauseous and barf. It's ok though. I'm also really, really tired. 

3. How are you feeling (anxiety wise)  I'm feeling better every day, but right before each ultrasound i'm still convinced the baby is going to be dead :-(.

4. When is your next appointment? January 12. This is the longest I've gone between appts this pregnancy. This is a JIC scan because it's around the time of my last loss. I might also buy a doppler.

I am just really protective of this pregnancy and I get irritated when people don't respect my boundaries. I don't want to tell anyone yet, really, just immediate family and a few of my very close friends. My in laws are super excited and want to tell everyone. It just annoys me. Respect my wishes!

GTKY: What is your biggest pet peeve? Not sure about my biggest, but I hate when people walk with their head turned away. I'm like WATCH WHERE YOU ARE GOING! LOL. I'm irritable today :)

• @chaser61 @elizabethrn87 thanks for thinking of me! The appt did go well at the big hospital with the NICU,  I decided I could have the birth experience I wanted there and therefore it wasn't worth going somewhere without the NICU. They found a tiny smidgen of a heartbeat for a second but lost it; I forgot I have a tilted uterus which makes it harder to hear. I go back Jan 11 just for a doppler.

13w2days

Feeling. More energized and less nauseas 

woke up with blood at 3am. Went in at 7am and baby was fine. Doctor seemed hopeful. Needless to say I’m anxious. 

January 9

Just want things to progress smoothly!!!