August 2018 Moms
Options

SCH

Anyone else diagnosed with a sunchorionic hematoma? Went in for a dating ultrasound at 7w and the doctor told me I had a hematoma and wouldn’t be surprised if I spotted. Today I started spotting brown and even though I was told to expect it I’m freaking out. Next appointment isn’t until 1/18 at 11w. 

Re: SCH

• Options
    Total newb accidentally posted twice. Anyway to delete?
  • Options
    Total newb accidentally posted twice. Anyway to delete?
    You can’t. Just let the other one fall down the page. 

SCH are common, and I believe others have been diagnosed with them. It’s defintely scary, but they are usually harmless.

I highly suggest changing your name so we can get to know you, and reading the pinned posts if you’ve not done so already.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Seconding Lalala2004 with the name change. Then we can remember who you are.

I have one, it’s left over from the loss of twin B. It might give of an occasional small clot, but should just spot lightly. If it gets to the point where you need a pad then it’s time to call.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    I had one with my first pregnancy. I did have some spotting, and I was able to get an ultrasound. But although it’s scary, it’s really not a big deal. 
  • Options
    No SCH with my first and only successful pregnancy so far. I had one with my first MMC; cause of loss unknown. I had one with my second MMC; cause of loss chromosomal. And I was just diagnosed with one yesterday @ 7 weeks 3 days. Praying this time is different. So many say it’s nothing to be too concerned about, but my experience has shown me otherwise
  • Options
    I had one my second pregnancy and went on to have an uneventful pregnancy. I had no bleeding or spotting and it was gone by my anatomy scan so must have reabsorbed. 
  • Options
    I was diagnosed this week with a small one after some bleeding. The doc reassured me its very common and she's not worried at all!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Spottin lasted only half the day and was super light. I’m feeling fine about it now. I also finally figured out how to change my username. Hello to all!
  • Options
    Thanks guys. Spottin lasted only half the day and was super light. I’m feeling fine about it now. I also finally figured out how to change my username. Hello to all!
    Glad you feel better. Your name is still knottie, you should try to log out abd log back in :smile:

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ***lurking from June***

I was also diagnosed with a small SCH and had a bit of spotting around 6 weeks. I also had borderline low progesterone so was put on the oral supplement until 14 weeks. So far my pregnancy is healthy and progressing.

***TW*** 

@NAP1029 I'm sorry for your losses. I, too, experienced a MMC (earlier this year). But it's the opposite in my case - no SCH with my MMC; SCH with my current pregnancy. I am now 17 weeks. I think your SCH's may have been a coincidence, unless your doctor stated otherwise. Try not to worry.

Wishing you ladies the best!  :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi OP! I have had these in both of my two previous pregnancies. With my second pregnancy with DS I had so much bright red blood i thought I was having a miscarriage. I got an ultrasound and that’s when they diagnosed the sch. Both of my pregnancies were successful so try not to worry although it’s hard! 
    i have had spotting and a range from brown to red spotting in this pregnancy as well....no official ultrasound yet so I’m not sure what they will see.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hi all! If you’ve been diagnosed with an SCH and you’re anything like me, you’ve likely been scouring the internet for hope. So here’s this: I put myself on bed rest for the past 5 days and I’ve been drinking a ton of water. Today’s ultrasound showed that the bleed had shrunk considerably. Also, my lovely ultrasound tech said they show up in as many as 50% of her scans. FIFTY PERCENT! So have hope, put your feet up, stop Googling, stay hydrated and trust that it’s not as dire as it may seem. I hope that gives you the sigh of relief we all deserve.