Trying to Get Pregnant

Celexa while pregnant?

I have been on celexa for quite a while and DH and I are considering TTC #3. Has anyone taken celexa while pregnant? I could taper off but I feel so much better taking it. Thoughts? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Celexa while pregnant?

• Loading the player...
  • I was on Celexa for both pregnancies. I went down to 20 mg for the first one and stayed at 40 mg for my second. I don’t know if that is why but my second had trouble breathing when he came out and was slow to “wake up” FWIW. I did have doctor’s blessing each time. Hope that helps, OP.

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @little_bren my doc told me that was a common complication of Meds.
  • little_brenlittle_bren member
    edited December 2017
    @little_bren my doc told me that was a common complication of Meds.
    Yep, it can be. You just have to weigh the risks. This time around, once I get pregnant again I plan to lower the dosage like I did with DC#1. It was honestly terrifying to have that happen with my second birth and I feel awful that I was likely the cause.

ETA: by “risks” I meant pros and cons of going off medication and taking medication while pregnant as should be evaluated with your medical professional. (Covering my toosh from being flamed ha) 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @little_bren Absolutely! It was such a hard choice to stay on meds while TTC (I will also try to lower my dose if I get pregnant), but ultimately I won’t function med free.