February 2018 Moms

Bitchfest week of 12.25

Re: Bitchfest week of 12.25

• alemarie1. I was rarely weighed during my previous three pregnancies. My midwives weren't that concerned about weight gain and trusted their clients to get the proper nutrients they needed and make sensible decisions and didn't have many food restrictions. I gained the most, 50 lbs, with dd3, though I started at a normal weight. I gained 25 lbs with dd1 (she was 9 of that and I had excess fluid). I lost weight with dd2 and never showed a gain on the scale during visits. Same with ds2. I maintained weight for a good chunk of my pregnancy with ds1 up until I developed edema and severe polyhydramnios.

I started at a heavier weight with my older four. I'm still under pre-preg weight and have basically maintained the same weight for a few months. I was told 15 lb gain at the start of the pregnancy. The weight issue was one of the things I stressed about. All the lecturing and condescending comments since I got those a few times during the start of my second pregnancy. It sucks. I'm glad I had such fantastic and caring providers with my last three. My weight was already a sore issue for me, so it was nice not to be hounded about it or made to feel ashamed. 

You're doing fine, @wal2017.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Here's my BF for the week - long story short, my mom had a pseudo granddaughter (granddaughter of family friends who had passed away and she kind of took her under her wing). When my mom passed away, my sister and I thought it would be nice to take her out once in awhile. (Previously, we only saw this girl 1x a year maybe, so our doing this was strictly because we thought our mom would appreciate it.) 

Fast forward to today, my sister and I were going to go with her to a movie and we're making plans. The last time we had seen her, the girl's mom offered us money to pay for the movie and snacks. This time, no offer. So I said to my sister, I couldn't really afford it as now we're on the hook for the full amount, plus she wants to see a 3D movie, so it's even more costly. I apologize and my sister blows up on me, calling me a b****. I try to rationally explain and she just continues to get mad. 

I feel bad as I know I should have said something sooner about needing the mom to pay or else I couldn't do it, but for my sister to not understand the financial situation we're in right now with expenses, etc. really gets me. Plus the name calling is completely uncalled for. 

• Loading the player...
  • Chawk17 said:
    My current BF is dh. He let all the sheep out to pasture after the neighbor told us he'd seen/ heard coyotes. Our ram went missing,  then he didn't do a head count when putting the sheep in and missed a ewe. so we are down 2 sheep and have a pack of coyote knowing where to go for their next meal.  I have told him no one is allowed out of the coral until the problem is solved.  I shouldn't have had to tell him this its common sence,  but he's annoyed at my now that i want him to keep the cattle in as well so they don't get a $1k calf...

Ds and his buddy went out last night to try and count the coyote after finding the ewe in the morning, they spotted at least 5, and heard more,  so are now trying to cone up with a plan. 
    Was the ewe alive?
    No. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • My BF is I'm freaking out. I had the steroid shot 24 hours apart if baby comes tomorrow or earlier than Feb 16. Her lungs will be protected.
    I need to calm the F down. I'm starting to panic if I have c section tomorrow....my classroom isn't ready..plans aren't done, haven't had anyone shadow me. It's going to be a hot Ill prepared mess. 
  • Chawk17Chawk17 member
    edited December 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    My BF is I'm freaking out. I had the steroid shot 24 hours apart if baby comes tomorrow or earlier than Feb 16. Her lungs will be protected.
    I need to calm the F down. I'm starting to panic if I have c section tomorrow....my classroom isn't ready..plans aren't done, haven't had anyone shadow me. It's going to be a hot Ill prepared mess. 
    Babies are unpredictable sometimes. Don’t freak out. I’m sure someone will help you out. You certainly aren’t the first teacher who has had to leave earlier than expected. They will get along. 
    Oh I know. But I'm a control freak. I'm not worried about the baby thats the least of my concerns- she'll be fine..she'll be in nicu for 2 months being cared for. ..im worried about my classroom. Ahhh. My rooms not ready. My teams great. Kids will be fine. I just need to get it together and " let it go....let it go"
    In 4 years of teaching I've only missed 2.5 days. And only 1 day at a time. 
    I need to breathe. 
  • @Chawk17 I would definitely be more concerned about the baby in the NICU than your classroom! Anything in the classroom can be replaced/fixed in time. Even bad substitutes while you’re alway. Your child’s health cannot. Definitely try to take it easy and stay calm :)
    That's what nicu nurses are for. I'm not going to worry about that. Thats their degree...mines teaching.  I'll stay out of their way and let them do their job. While I figure out whose doing mine. 
  • I am still resisting the urge to kick DH in the shin after he accidentally tripped me earlier while holding our 2 year old who was sleeping and thankfully I just landed on my butt and she didn't even wake up, but my hips and my hormonal pregnant lady feelings were hurt more than anything.  Not a fun ending to what has been a rough couple days between a flu scare (and 2 hours waiting around at the pediatrician because they were behind), DH having a stomach bug and being in quarantine away from us, and finishing up Christmas shopping for DH's family who we are doing Christmas with tomorrow all by myself with a 2 year old... Ugh. I am exhausted and sore and my anxiety level is about a 50 out of 10 right now and I wish I could have a beer and relax lol.  Ok I feel a little better after getting all of that out.  
  • My BF is kinda selfish and about my coworkers. One of my male coworkers (the one who actually helps out while I’ve been pregnant) decided to have his 2nd knee replacement this year. First one he took off 3 weeks. This one, he only took off 2. He came back to work, worked himself too hard, and now he’s in the hospital with an infected knee and he’s septic. So another surgery to clean it out for him. Trust me, I’ve been praying for him hoping everything turns out okay, but I’m pissed because it’s probably going to be another 2-3 weeks of him being gone, and we’re already short staffed as it is. I have to train him to do part of my job while I’m gone on maternity leave and he’s not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to that stuff. I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting calls all the time while I’m on leave. I know it’s selfish, but I’m really tired of doing it all by myself at work. I’m slowing down and my other male coworker isn’t doing anything despite my boss saying something to him. 
  • So I finally saw the baby shower invitations  at my mother in law's and my friend put baby's name as "Kaden" not "Kaleb". I've had it all over social media so it should be ok but I asked her if she wanted me to check the invitations before and she said no, she had it covered. Just a little irritated that she didn't double check or confirm the baby's name BEFORE sending out invitations.  She also didn't send us one so we had no idea that the location and time had changed. Part of it is she got busy and waited until the last minute to send them out (it's in 2 weeks) and didn't tell anyone or ask for help. I hope people don't spend money or time on personalized stuff with the wrong name because we have a lot of crafty friends who could be making things. 

Also she forgot to put an RSVP on the invite and off handedly said "make sure you tell me if anyone tells you they're coming." I'm thankful that she offered to throw the shower but I'm shocked at how disorganized she is about it. 

****TW Signature****
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DD born 04/28/2002
    Married DH 03/25/2017
    1st MMC 08/13/2016 2nd MMC 02/14/2017
    BFP 06/16/17 Rainbow DS Born 02/05/2018

• So I finally saw the baby shower invitations  at my mother in law's and my friend put baby's name as "Kaden" not "Kaleb". I've had it all over social media so it should be ok but I asked her if she wanted me to check the invitations before and she said no, she had it covered. Just a little irritated that she didn't double check or confirm the baby's name BEFORE sending out invitations.  She also didn't send us one so we had no idea that the location and time had changed. Part of it is she got busy and waited until the last minute to send them out (it's in 2 weeks) and didn't tell anyone or ask for help. I hope people don't spend money or time on personalized stuff with the wrong name because we have a lot of crafty friends who could be making things. 

Also she forgot to put an RSVP on the invite and off handedly said "make sure you tell me if anyone tells you they're coming." I'm thankful that she offered to throw the shower but I'm shocked at how disorganized she is about it. 
    Wow!  She got the baby's name wrong!!  And changed the time and place?  Is this her first time throwing a shower?  Her heart is probably in the right place but those are important details.
  • @rainafire77 Holy crap! How does that happen?! Crossing fingers that everything goes smoothly for you. 
  • Chawk17 said:
    @Chawk17 I would definitely be more concerned about the baby in the NICU than your classroom! Anything in the classroom can be replaced/fixed in time. Even bad substitutes while you’re alway. Your child’s health cannot. Definitely try to take it easy and stay calm :)
    That's what nicu nurses are for. I'm not going to worry about that. Thats their degree...mines teaching.  I'll stay out of their way and let them do their job. While I figure out whose doing mine. 
    I’m also a teacher. I’m a parent first always. I can’t even respond to this. No one else is going to advocate for your daughter if you don’t. 

I think @Chawk17 is a FTM, if I’m not mistaken. Once her LO gets here, I think she will change her philosophy. 
  • wal2017 said:
    One of the most important things a boss ever told me (he was a great boss, super smart and supportive) was "everyone is replaceable- even the best of the best employees .... and that's a really good thing". He told me This when a loved one was in the hospital and I was worried about missing work. I'm admittedly a control freak and feel like I need to do all the work myself. He basically was telling me "I can miss work, you can miss work- the world keeps moving and someone else steps in and it's not a big deal"
    please, don't think twice about work. 
    To add to this: you are replaceable at work. You are not replaceable as a mom/advocate for your child. I do agree that your perspective will change once baby is here. I do hope everything works out to cause you the least amount of stress on the work front though.

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• If your baby is in nicu, you will want to be there with him as much as possible,  and watch and pray and hold him and do all you can and know everything Thats happening as soon as possible. Your students and school will understand. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My BF for the week: my sister-in-law planned a great shower, sent out invites 2 months in advance and guess how many guests showed up today... ONE. A bunch of people RSVPed yes and then no showed, no call, nothing. I'm so upset! I cried the entire drive home. I've faithfully gone to all their showers, weddings, etc and they totally bail on me. Apparently, I need some new friends. 
  • @cherubino49 what?! That's crazy I'm so sorry that happened to you
  • @cherubino49 Awe man! That’s terrible. I can’t believe that happened. No more going to your “friends” parties, eh? 
  • @cherubino49 I'm sorry about your shower
  • @cherubino49 I'm so sorry to hear about your shower! That was always my worst fear! 
  • @cherubino I'm so sorry that happened  :'( 
  • @cherubino49 I’m so sorry that happened! Always hard when people show their true colors
  • @rainafire77 Ugh I'd be so upset if my friend made that basic mistake of the name! I hope everything comes together for you. 
    @cherubino49 I'm so sorry about your shower. Terrible way to find out who your friends are :-( 
  • @cherubino49 that is awful! I would have cried to! 

@rainafire77 hope everything works out for your shower!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cherubino49 wow, I'm so sorry that happened. Did anyone offer an explaination as to why?

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• @cherubino49 thats awful, I'm so sorry! I would be pissed off... 

DD angel baby 10/16 <3
    Rainbow Due 02/20/18

• my BF-I have a horrible cold that is migrating into my chest. I am 100% positive i got it from all the people I had to be around at xmas. this plus LO in my ribs making it hard to breathe!
  • DH just ate the last of MY cookies  :(

I only made one small batch of cranberry oatmeal because DH said they looked gross and I figured I wouldn’t have to share.  I made more than enough chocolate chip to go around.  
  • @kristinl492 That is one reason I am happy I'm due toward the end of February!  Almost the end of super cold time in NC no real holidays and we can all be hermits for a while after the baby is born.  I hate when people don't know how to keep their sick cooties to themselves!
  • My BF Is my inlaw Christmas yesterday/today! My in laws dote on my 2 nieces and act like munch DS is non existent and is just a bully! Everything revolves around those 2 girls (4 and 2, DS is also 2) and they are coddled (sp) big time and cry If you look at them the wrong way! Dinner was supposed to be at 5 and we didn't eat until 7:30! I'm not sure that they understand that food and bedtime are the 2 most important things for a toddler!
    We then had to move all 3 kiddos around at midnight because the camper ran out of propane and it's -35 outside (understandably but FIL even mentioned earlier in the day that he wasn't sure there was enough propane)
    My BIL and his wife then pick the comfy queen bed and DH and I are left with a bed slightly smaller than a double and the mattress was paper thin! So being the 33 week pregnant girl I get no sleep because I couldn't get comfortable and now I think I pinched something in my back because it hurts constantly! 
    But it's over now and we all survived!
  • @kristinl492 That is one reason I am happy I'm due toward the end of February!  Almost the end of super cold time in NC no real holidays and we can all be hermits for a while after the baby is born.  I hate when people don't know how to keep their sick cooties to themselves!
    Yes, I’m due the 27, definitely glad it’s closer to the end of winter!