July 2018 Moms

TTGP Grad Thread 12/28

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery?

Re: TTGP Grad Thread 12/28

• How far along are you? 10 weeks today! Holla!

How are you feeling? Pretty good! I am still nauseous in the morning but had enough energy to get a workout in yesterday and then hopefully also today. I do feel super full just from snacking and eating small meals, I don't think its really so much more than usual but I need to start paying attention.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Today I actually have two, one in the mornign that is 2 hours at the big hospital and one in the afternoon that is short with the birth center. I might cancel the midwife one if the hospital will be able to give me everything I want with the NICU right there.

Rants/Raves? I am still gonna whine about no ultrasound. I am gettin symptoms and my stomach is getting bigger so I'm hoping that means something is still going on in there. I hopefully get a doppler today, but won't hold my breath since I'm not super far along they might not be able to get a reading.

Questions?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off debt, remodel the house, and then when we're done having babies start looking for an old farmhouse with land and a barn so I can get back to hobby farming. I promised DH I wouldn't ramp up again til we were done having kids, and I miss my goats!
  • How far along are you? 10w +2

How are you feeling? Sick. Dang cold has me down. Boobs are still tender and nausea comes and goes. Breakouts on face and chest which suck. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Appy on Jan 2nd with the midwife at my obs office. 

Rants/Raves? I love Christmas but I am glad it is over. So much chaos and too much family time. I love all of my family but Ive been moody and noticed that little things were getting to me. Sidenote: i wore the wrong pants today and now they feel too tight. Is it wrong to wear them unbuttoned at work all day? Lol

Questions? Nope...

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Buy a new house...or build one. Buy my parents a new house. Pay off my sisters places. Put money aside for college for the kids anf my neice and nephew. Take a vacation. Invest some....i may or may not havr thought about this before. Lol
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
    BFP 2/2016 M/C 3/2016 @ 5 weeks
    Trying for #4 since 11/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • @SmashJam yay for 10 weeks but boo for no ultrasound! Hopefully they try doppler today!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • How far along are you? 10+3

How are you feeling?Pretty good. Still tired, sore boobs and sometimes heart races for no reason but otherwise good. Had my first food aversion which of course happened on Christmas Day at my in-laws. Took a bite of fish (which I usually love) and had to take some deep breaths to keep from throwing up right there. Had to discreetly put the rest on DH’s plate. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? This afternoon is my first OB appointment after graduation from the RE! I have no idea what they are going to do but I’m excited!

Rants/Raves? Looking forward to vacation and my birthday next week!

Questions?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off the house and all the IVF debt. Renovate the house. Depending on the amount, pay off houses for parents and siblings. Quit my job and have a bunch of kids (bio and adopted). I have also though of this before lol. 

@SmashJam you can whine all you want. It really sucks to have to wait so long. My Doppler has definitely helped to put my mind at ease between ultrasounds. Although I don’t find the HB consistently, when I do it definitely eases my fears and when I don’t it’s no big deal, I just try again the next day. I watched a YouTube video to help me and found that I have to press it down harder to be able to hear so early. Also it works better for me in the early morning. Later in the day I as so bloated and all I can hear is bowel gas and my own pulse.

@busymommy23 sorry you are sick. I hope you beat that cold soon! In a pinch you can put a rubber band or hair tie on your pants for a little extra room lol. I bought some extenders and they work well but I still wear long tops because the zip can’t go up all the way.
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How are you feeling? Actually not great the last couple days.. I thought my food aversions were gone, but I gagged on my oatmeal this morning. Also can't brush my teeth without throwing up. I think I'm starting to get more energy again though so that's a plus!

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Tomorrow! I'm excited to hopefully hear the hb. We did have an us at 8 weeks and everything was good. But after 4 weeks and a bout of the stomach flu last week followed by spotting my anxiety is sky high. 

Rants/Raves? It's so cold here! And it's getting worse before it gets better... Saturday we have an expected high of -9 F. The high! That's before wind chill. Does anyone in a warmer area want a visitor??
    In other news I bought maternity leggings and I'm in love. I feel so much better. 

Questions? Not that I can think of?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? 
    Move! See rant above. Or at least I'd winter somewhere warmer. Also pay off debt, start college funds for the kids (being hopeful), take my whole family on a vacation, and invest. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @SmashJam awesome job getting the workouts in! I have failed miserably. 

@busymommy23 I had to unbutton my pants at Christmas at the in laws. No shame. 

@safire3 yay for your first OB appointment!!
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @safire3 thanks! I called my ob to see what i can take but I always worry about taking meds in the first trimester. 

@MrsMiller8588 It was -8 here in Ohio this morning. Way too cold to even want tk get out of bed but I had to work. Boo. I hope that you appt goes well tonight. 

I thought of a question...has anyone experienced spotting after sex? This happened to me the other day. There was a small amount of red blood and then it went to pink for just after when i went to the bathroom and nothing since. I didnt think it needed a call to the dr, i just told dh that we will have to wait until after my appt on the 2nd before having sex again. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • How far along are you? 9w6d

How are you feeling? Still tired and nauseous (which is the worst at night).  Diclegis helps a ton during the day though.  I'm ready to start feeling normal again.  Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments?  Panorama blood work on 1/3, MFM office appt on 1/9.  NT scan on 1/12.

Rants/Raves?  Today is my birthday!  DH and I are going out to dinner and I can't wait!

Questions? Has anyone heard the HB on the doppler yet?  Does having an anterior placenta affect the doppler?  I have one at home and tried it the other day and couldn't find it.  My MFM did a quick u/s to check for the HB at my 9-week appt so I haven't heard the HB on the doppler at all.  I know it's still early and I'm not concerned but just wondering when others heard it on the doppler.  I can't remember with my other babies.  I'm also not totally sure I have an anterior placenta but I thought that it looked that way on my last u/s.  I hope I'm wrong, I hated having an anterior placenta with my third baby.  

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery?  Pay off my student loans and my mortgage and just debt in general and probably buy a new house (and pay it off).  Put money away for my kids for college and set up trust accounts.  I guess it depends on how much money I won!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @busymommy23 I still have spotting after sex. My PA told me I have a friable (sensitive) cervix and that it's nothing to worry about. I obviously still worry... but fx it's nothing!

@Sarafuss happy birthday!! I haven't tried a Doppler yet (I don't have one) but I think they will at tomorrow's appointment. I think @safire3 has used hers?
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • SarafussSarafuss member
    edited December 2017
    @SmashJam I hope they surprise you and give you an u/s today!  If they can't get a reading on the doppler I would be demanding one!
    @busymommy23 I'm sorry you're sick!  I hope you feel better soon!
    @safire3 appt days are so exciting!  Where are you going on vacation?  Also, I'll have to try using the doppler in the morning like you said.  I have always tried it at night and I am super bloated at night.
    @MrsMiller8588 that cold weather sounds miserable!  It was 9 degrees (not sure what it was with the wind chill) walking in to work this morning from the parking garage and that was awful.  I can't imagine the high being -9.  I'm with you, I'd love to move somewhere warm!
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi ladies! Been a little MIA with the week leading up to Christmas (retail!) and the few days following. Looking forward to catching back up and i hope y’all had wonderful holidays. 

How far along are you? 9w6d

How are you feeling? Still tired. Starting to feel some of my energy return. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments? This past Tuesday. Got U/S and measured in for a July 27 DD.

Rants/Raves? Energy needs to return. I’m tired of being tired. Looking forward to my return to the gym with less hours at work needed now and a little more pep to my step. 

Questions?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Be quiet. Be generius. No stress. More travel and experiences. 
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks!

How are you feeling? Pretty good, just back to feeling like I haven't slept in a month! So tired as of recently.

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Jan 5th - first OB appointment

Rants/Raves? 2nd tri here we come! All of our families know now, which is pretty exciting, the rest of the world will know New Years day!

Questions? Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? I feel so bogged down with all this baby stuff, maybe because I'm a FTM? So much to do, so much research! lol.

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Pay off the rest of my husband's student loans, my brother and sisters as well, buy a nice house not crazy big, and save the rest!
    Me: 34 DH: 33
    DD: 07/19/18
    EDD: 06/22/22
  • How far along are you? 9w 5d

How are you feeling? Tired...and wish I was wrapped up in a blanket on my couch instead of at work because it is SOOOOOO cold!

Any recent/upcoming appointments? Appointment yesterday....uneventful. I have to go back in sometime next week to get my blood drawn for a NIPT. Looks like they do it as standard operating procedure at my doctor's office. They have worked it out with the lab to not charge an arm and a leg when it's not covered by insurance.

Rants/Raves? Only half day of work tomorrow. woohoo!

Questions? When does the tiredness end?

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? Quit my job.......that's about as far as I got with thinking about it.
  • @SmashJam Woohoo happy 10 weeks! I didn't get a doppler yesterday at my appointment. I guess they don't start doing that until later, especially since I have another US scheduled in 2 weeks.

@busymommy23 So sorry about your cold. I can't stand colds now that I'm KU...can't take anything :(

@safire3 GL at your OB appointment. So exciting :)

@MrsMiller8588 Ugh I cannot handle it being so cold. And yours is worse! 15 here today.

@Sarafuss Happy Birthday! Hope hubby treats you right! 

@And846 yay for your US and glad some of your energy is returning. Mine is still gone.

@ajsanders-2 YES! So overwhelmed. The list is like a mile long!
  • @MrsMiller8588 @nimmle @busymommy23 it is so cold here too! It was -20 when I woke up this morning and I think our low this weekend is -2. Not quite -9 but still sucks.

No surprise U/s at the appt today but they briefly heard the hb on the doppler for like 2 seconds. I am so sure it was it. I forgot I have a tilted uterus so its hard to hear this early...but that's not gonna stop me from trying again with mine later, lol.

@safire3 I had forgotten about having to push down harder until the midwife did it today. I'll have to try that when I bust mine out again. I do go back just for a doppler on Jan 11, and they refered me to MFM for genetic testing because of my daughter, so I don't know when I'll get an ultrasound yet!
  • How far along are you? 11+5

How are you feeling? Nauseous, major food aversions, sometimes weak since I can't eat many things (rice, bread & noodles are my saviors) - tired here and there, but more lazy than exhausted. 

Any recent/upcoming appointments?

NT scan today + NIPT bloodwork. Tech said the neck measured great. So I'm relieved 

Rants/Raves? Tired of feeling like I have the world's longest hangover

Questions? What's the difference between seeing a MFM and a Perinatal dr? 

GTKY: What would you do if you won the lottery? I would pay off my parents house and buy one of my own. Then hired a live in nanny for the little one :) I would still work and stay low key (but with a nanny) 

• @coco305 Congrats on an awesome scan. I thought a MFM and perinatologist were the same thing? Will you find out the gender with the blood work as well?

@SmashJam yes I was definitely not pressing hard enough initially, just gliding it across lol. I heard it for the first time at 9+3 but after that didn’t find it the next 2 times I tried. It’s definitely hit or miss at this point. I think the MFM will likely do an ultrasound as well.

@ajsanders-2 so exciting that one of us is almost in second tri!

@busymommy23 I think spotting after sex is fairly common in pregnancy. The cervix is super vascular so any irritation can cause spotting. As long as it’s just spotting, not heavy bleeding and no cramping it should be ok. 

AFM OB appointment went well. I was referred to a MFM so I have to go in the next 2 weeks and they will do my genetic screening and NT scan there I think. They couldn’t find the HB on the Doppler today so they did a very quick ultrasound just to see the heart flickering but I also caught a glimpse of baby moving around so that was fun to see. 
  • Ugh after dealing with all of this sickness, I had a bit of spotting tonight. It was very light pink when i wiped. Called the on call and she said it coukd be residual from when i spotted after sex the other day and my coughing could be making it worse. She said it could be a bladder infection. I have a bit of cramping but took a tylenol. Trying to chug water and not worry. She said to call thr office in the morning...ugh. not how i wanted to start my 4 days off. 
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @busymommy23 fx it's just from sex! Try not to stress but I know that's easier said than done.
  • busymommy23busymommy23 member
    edited December 2017
    Thanks @SmashJam. My concerned dh sent me to the er last night. ER dr said i have a bladder or urinary tract infection and a few other things going on down there. Im always asymptomatic so I never know until its bad. He said that pregnancy can make a lot of things go out of whack and cause yeast infections and things. I forgot that i had that issue with ds2. So its 7 days of 2 different antibiotics for me along with a 7 day treatment of monistat, I guess you cant tale diflucam while pregnant. Yay. What a way to ring in the new year. Lol. All of this and he still isnt sure where the little bit of blood is coming from. 

He did do a quick ultrasound and, although it wasnt a good picture,  we could see baby wiggling away and we could see the heart fluttering. Couldnt get a reading on heartrate but seeing it was enough. Just have to wait until my appt on the 2nd. I called the office this morning and they didnt have any openings. So its rest and lots of water, taking meds, and keeping an eye on things for me this weekend. Luckily I am off today until Monday!
    Married since 5/23/09
    Stepdaughter-2/17/02
    DS #1 born 1/25/10
    DS #2 born 4/25/12
  • @busymommy23 I'm glad you went in! UTI and bladder infections can progress to kidney infections which in pregnancy are hospitilization worthy-i had one last pregnancy. I am prone to UTI's during pregnancy and am so bad at drinking water which contributes....trying to keep up with that!
  • @busymommy23 I’m glad you went and baby was ok. I hope the bleeding is just from sex and stops soon as well.