May 2018 Moms

Physical health check-in 12/29

suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
edited December 2017 in May 2018 Moms

This thread is for those who are trying to maintain physical activity throughout pregnancy. It can be walking around the block, hitting the gym, training for a marathon, and everything in between.

There is no physical activity too small during pregnancy. 

How far along?

How did this week go for you?

How are you feeling about your exercise?

What is the average response you get when people find out you're still working out/walking/running?

Re: Physical health check-in 12/29

• How far along?
    18+6

I'm going strong with my once a week treadmill walk.  Now that Christmas is over I think I'll be better about going twice during the week and once in the weekend. 

I should be doing more.  I wanna start swimming again but it's been 15F in the mornings so the idea of getting into a pool sounds awful. 

What is the average response you get when people find out you're still working out/walking/running?
    All positive really.  My husband is really encouraging so that's helpful.  My boss has said she's cool if I want to go to the gym during lunch.  I really should taker her up on that.  
  • @fraufarbissina, definitely take her up on that!

How far along?
    19w5d

Eh, it's ok. I got thrown off due to the holiday and then from having a massive headache. 

Really good. A regular started back at the gym after a long summer off. Him and I ate pretty competitive when we work out and the same time so we killed our workouts the other night.

I get very surprised reactions. I don't know if it's because I'm not really a gym person or because of the exercise I do or what. But Christmas was spent explaining it's safe and I'm fine and I'm still rocking it. 
    My brother started to ask a lot of questions because how he is thinking of trying a gym like mine. Oh man, to be a fly on the wall at his first workout would be amazing!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along?
    20 + 6 days
    This week went well. The cold and dark mornings are not fun, but I've been able to do some strength training and cardio work 3 x this week. 

I feel good about  my exercise. However, I had my 20 week AS and while all is well with the baby my cervix is on the short side (2.6 cm). This tends to be an indicator for early labor and I'm starting to freak a little. I have an upcoming appointment with my doc and I'm scheduled for a vaginal US in two weeks. All that to say that I'm probably going to stop running until I see my doctor. Dr. Google (I know I shouldn't have consulted with Dr. Google) says that exercise that involved pounding or pelvis movements should be limited. 

Very positive. My husband and close friends are happy that I'm back at it since I had a very tiring and nauseous first trimester. 

In case, I don't get on here before then I wish all a Happy New Year!
  • How far along? 22+4

How did this week go for you? I did 30 minutes of yoga yesterday! That was my first intentional workout in a while. 

How are you feeling about your exercise? Better. I think I’ve given up on running for now and come to terms with that. That last round of bronchitis took whatever cardio strength I had away. I’m focusing on walking and yoga in the new year and resolving myself to at least three workouts a week.  

What is the average response you get when people find out you're still working out/walking/running? People are shocked I’m not running more because I did a lot with DS.  But HG and illness have been so much harder this time around. 
  • @fraufarbissina that’s great!  

@suchaglencoco glad your gym buddy is back. 
  • 20 weeks tomorrow. 

I did pure barre this morning and it was incredibly hard. Planning on going on a walk with the stroller in a bit. My goal is to get some of my strength back slowly. 

I think anything at this point is good. I’m not pushing myself like I did with my first for obvious reasons! I’m still down 13lbs so I’m balancing calorie and macro intake with getting a little workout in to get strength back. 

Positive but concerned. No one wants me pushing myself but we also know I won’t get better unless I get up and moving. My joints are less swollen now that I’m off medicine and bedrest. 
  • @mileswithmyles I've gotten some similar reactions with people commenting that they're surprised I'm not training for a race or something. I have a pretty thick skin, but those comments have really bothered me- like I'm totally letting myself go with this pregnancy or something.

I'm 21 weeks. Getting over the flu and today I feel HUMAN for the first time in probably 3 weeks. I'm going to walk the dog this afternoon. I would love to complain about the cold because it's 35 here, but where I grew up it's like -20 so I'll hold it in. I've gotten to be such a pansy with cold living in the south!
  • @k5678 I’ve been really open with people about how hard HG has been on me and my closest friends have seen how it’s taken the wind out of my sails. I’m usually a “go, go, go” person and they know this is unlike me. I’m going to find a race to train for soon to get me motivated after the baby comes. Maybe a 10K in the fall and a half in the winter. 
  • @mileswithmyles I've been looking at 10ks for the fall- mapping out some training gives me hope for the future! Signing up for races is such good motivation- I hate losing the $$$
  • @Poppy0419 it's impressive that you're doing barre already! It must feel good to be up and moving again.  

I forgot to add that I found myself creepily staring at someone doing burpies the other day and I was so jealous.  I can pretty much guarantee I'll never do another burpie in my life but I'm looking forward to at least having the option again
  • @k5678 same!  I’ve neber taken a DNS even with several times I should have not raced. 
  • @Poppy0419 Good for you for already getting back into barre. The only time I had a prolonged stint in the hospital, I had a hard time even walking more than a room's length for a while. And I was 15 (and not pregnant), so kudos to you for being a bada$$. I hope you feel stronger and stronger every day. 

How far along? 21w5d 

How did this week go for you? This week was pretty good. I ran for the first time in a month (only 1 mile) and did kickboxing for the first time in four months and did barre 3x. I really miss kickboxing, but my studio closed and this one is a pain to get to (but I got to see my fave instructor). 

How are you feeling about your exercise? Kickboxing was really good. I felt I did pretty well considering it's been so long. Running kinda sucked bc now my IT band hurts after 1 mile and it used to hurt after like 13 miles. I need to make a New Year's resolution for running and squatting. I want to be as fit as possible before birth. 

What is the average response you get when people find out you're still working out/walking/running? Some girl today was telling me she didn't do the barre modifications during her pregnancy bc they were too easy. I'm a rule follower so I do most of them now. She made me feel kinda dumb/lazy for doing them. A few other ppl have made me feel kinda lazy about my workouts, but I'm trying. 

Me: 32 | DH: 35
    Married: 8/22/15
    BFP #1: 8/22/17 | DS: 4/20/18 
    BFP #2: 7/14/19 | EDD: 3/18/20
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker