Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Pregnant after miscarriages--after finding abnormal test results!

I'm new to the bump, but really need some people to talk to! Not sure if this is the right board or not. Please let me know.

I got pregnant on my honeymoon, had an early ultrasound at about 7-7.5 weeks, and found it was not viable. I had a D&C the day after Christmas 2014. I had a 5-week miscarriage (chemical pregnancy, and was spotting the whole time) in early August. I swear the month before (early July) I had the same thing, but never did a pregnancy test that month. Anyway, my doc is great and offered to do some blood tests on both my husband and I to see if there were any reasons for it happening. At first my doc suggested I wait a bit to get my tests done, but my husband could get his. Turns out he has an abnormality in his chromosomes (Chromosome 22 ps+ mutation...anyone have any experience with that?) that means the chromosomes don't divide equally and can cause miscarriages. The doc suggested I get my tests done ASAP, and meet with a genetic counselor to discuss our options. 

I went last Wednesday to have my blood taken for my tests, results aren't back yet. Then last Thursday I realized I'd had "PMS" for about a week and no period and took a pregnancy test--positive! I'm 5 weeks pregnant right now. The doc wants me to wait until about 8 weeks to get an ultrasound so we'll know something for sure, and suggested putting off the genetic counselor until after than when we know more info.

I feel like I'm living in limbo. I can't get excited about the pregnancy, because I know we have a condition that can cause first trimester miscarriages. But I can't grieve because there's a chance everything could be great. This is so hard I can't express it. 

Re: Pregnant after miscarriages--after finding abnormal test results!

• Options
    I don't have any experience with this but just wanted to say sending good vibes your way for a happy and healthy 9 months.
  • Options
    I kinda am going through the same thing, only my test showed a chromosome 9 inversion. There were multiple conflicting reports that say they result in miscarriages...but most genetic counselors consider it normal and no cause of concern. I even called the lab tech yesterday and he said that chromosome  9 inversion absolutely has no effect on miscarriage. I also showed some clotting disorders so they are just treating me for that - but I still have in the back of my mind about this chromosome 9 inversion. 

Guess time will tell. 

Congrats on your new pregnancy, I am hoping this one sticks for you! I understand how it's hard to get excited. I have gone through 4 miscarriages now and I lost my excitement too. Keep us posted and good luck!
    Dec 2014 - CP
    Feb 2015 - No hb 8wks
    July 2015 - CP
    Aug 2015 - CP
    RPL Tests: PAI-1 4g/4g, Heterozygous MTHFR C677T, Vit D Deficiency, Chromosome 9 inversion
    January 1, 2016 - CP. Heartbroken and feeling helpless. :(
    July 2017 - Finally!! FINALLY!! Our GORGEOUS baby girl was born on 7-15-17. Miracles do happen!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the support. It's really helpful to hear that you "lost your excitement" too. That's really how it feels. I have to wait 2 more weeks for an ultrasound where they'll know if if's at least potentially viable or not. The waiting is brutal, and I feel like I have to try to keep myself numb in order to stay sane. 

If I'm going to miscarry I want to do it early when it's easier. I'm clearly hoping for a healthy pregnancy, but it's hard to reconcile that with the "if it's going to be a miscarriage, i just want it done with" thoughts.

Also, I'm pretty much miserable because if I feel terrible I figure it must be because i'm having a miscarriage, and if I feel fine, I feel like that means i don't have the pregnancy hormones anymore and my body is going to miscarry any minute.
  • Options
    Hi, I know this is an old thread. We have a similar situation of 22 ps+. Wanted to know if you took to any solution or it worked out fine?
  • Options
    @ktandon I'm not sure if @MandyMost checks this board or not but she just posted in TWW on the TTCAL board that she got a BFP. Not sure of any more details but maybe you can find her over there 
  • Options
    Thanks!