Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO THURS 12/28

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

C/S:

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item?
Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

Re: WTO THURS 12/28

• Options
    *Visiting from TWW*

@catlady2015 I am really curious to see responses to your question as well. I also typically spot beginning two days before AF, and last cycle it was three days. I used to appreciate it because it let me know AF was coming, but now I’m concerned it may be an issue. 

I’m also going to jump in on the GTKY because I love this question!  :) I love my crockpot! I especially love making homemade soups this time of year. 
    Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @southernlady07 - me, too. I know we haven't been trying very long (on my third real cycle, with one NTNP I never remember to claim) but I'm also 36 and concerned that spotting is starting too early in the LP (it's typically 12-13, spotting starting on 10dpo, but spotting started on 9dpo last cycle). If there's something that's easy to manage myself that could help, I'd like to give it a go. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 - My mom has a kitchenaid mixer (her old one) waiting for me. I just don't really have the room for it!! 

Wanted to say hello and I've missed you to everyone after my week-ish long absence (yaaay vacation!!). I've been thinking of you all - hope your Christmases/Hanukkahs/Holidays were great! 

Month/Cycle: 1/2

CD: 12

WAYDTGKU: HIO every other day, and temping!

R/R: Under a spoiler cause it involves pets and people can be sensitive about it...
    Rant: We got home from vacation and the house was a MESS! The sitter let the dogs dig in the yard, so they tracked mud in the house - on the floors, on their beds, on the cabinets counters... We got home at 10pm and were up till 11:30 cleaning. Then I had work the next morning!! 
    Rave: H finally realizes that the dogs need a better life. They are caged most of the day while we are at work, and we don't give them time outside to run or play. His brother is taking 2 of the 3 today (the 2 his ex left behind). "Giving away" a pet is hard, but I'm glad they will get more attention now. And I'm not gonna lie, the barking, digging, and poop eating of these two won't be missed by me... One dog will be much easier to handle. 
    C/S: At work so I can't post it, but seeing the graph of my temps develop has been interesting! O should happen within the next few days!

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item? My hand blender!! I love using it to make broccoli cheddar soup!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 I just turned 37, so I totally understand wanting to make sure everything is ok. I don't know anything about B6, but I know some ladies on here have had success treating luteal phase spotting with acupuncture. Have you had your progesterone measured mid-luteal phase? Sometimes spotting is an indicator of low progesterone. It could be worth asking your ob/gyn about.

Month/Cycle: 10/11

CD: 1

WAYDTGKU: Medicated IUI #3, acupuncture, PNVs, ubiquinol

R/R: It's snowing! So pretty outside right now. Today will be another mellow day off with acupuncture this afternoon. I just scheduled my baseline u/s for tomorrow afternoon, and my meds should arrive today. I think I'm going to skip temping this cycle again. It doesn't really give me extra information for a medicated cycle with trigger, and I think not temping reduced my stress last time around.

C/S: No chart to stalk!

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item? Oh gosh, this is hard. MH and I love to cook and we have all kinds of gadgets. Right now I'm really enjoying our panini press and the waffle maker MH got me for my birthday.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/4

CD: 31

WAYDTGKU: Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting some more,

R/R: Not going to rant today...spent a good deal cleaning today to get some frustration out. Felt good and my floors are so clean!

C/S: For kicks...

GTKY: So hard to choose, but either my cast iron skillet, or my immersion blender with an optional whisk attachment.

• Options
    Month/Cycle:16/15

CD:39

WAYDTGKU:bbt,cm,hio

R/R: Tried the pup out of his crate last night and he was ok other then him being a poop factory, I really don`t know a how such a small dog could hold so much in him.

C/S:nope

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item? Electric Mixer. I use to have plain old hand beaters that you turned urself so having the electric mixer is definitely an upgrade.
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: All the acronyms

R/R: I'm back! I was in Chicago for several days with my in laws and then yesterday my husband had a pretty relxed day to ourselves. We went to the art museum and saw this awesome Jazz Age exhibition. Back to work today and it's very quiet. I'm finding things to do. 

C/S: Looks like I'm going to O late again this cycle. My body likes to O either around day 13 or later around day 16-17. I wish it would pick one or the other because this current set up makes FW annoying and exhausting each month. Hmm, this should've probably been in rants. :)

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item? This will sound crazy but I love my $3 plastic sink basket that I bought from ikea. It permanently lives resting over part of our sink and I use it all the time to drain beans, dry washed fruit, dry rinsed recyling items etc... It looks like this but plastic. 

• Options
    Hope everyone had Happy Holidays, I've missed you all!

@catlady2015 Sorry, don't know anything about the B6 supplement. I also like my stand mixer but don't use it a ton. Sounds like you use it all the time!
    @southernlady07 I also love my crockpot this time of year! Makes me want to go make some chili.
    @kimberbeep Sounds like some stress with your pets. Glad that the situation is changing and sounds like will be better for you and the dogs. My dog was with her usual sitter while we were away and ended up with bite marks on her ear. I think one of the sitter's dogs got into a tussle with her. Not happy about it but not pissed either because our sitter is great and he really doesn't know what/when it happened. 
    @dukestar5 Also been getting snow and really cold temps here the last few days. It's around 12 degrees today! Enjoy your acupuncture. today, sounds nice. My first acupuncture appointment is next week and I'm looking forward to it. 
    @josie12367 I also love my immersion blender!
    @stargazerlily407 Your thought about your little dog being a poop factory cracks me up. Hope he continues doing well out of the crate. 
  • Options
    @catlady2015 I love my Kitchenaid!  I use it to shred chicken a lot. I’ve made butter in it, too. Having an extra bowl has for sure been great! I have heard about b6 for LP support. I second @darkstar42 about having your progesterone tested mid LP, first, as well as looking into acupuncture!  
    @darkstar42 I love our waffle maker!  One of my good friends gave me her recipie for waffles and holy yum. I use it to make sandwiches, biscuits, pizza waffles, etc. 
    @josie12367  Ohhhhh, I’d love another immersion blender!  I used to have one. 
    @jaylii Glad you’re back! 
  • Options
    Month/cycle: 6/8+1ntnp
    CD: Somewhere around O. 
    R/R:  My parents are on their way to me!  I’m working part of today, so MH is on entertainment duty until I get home. I need to grocery shop & have a dentist appt later. I’m stressing hard core about next cycle and insurance and rheumatoid meds. ::breathe::  I’m excited to grocery shop by myself!!
    GTKY:  Ohhh, my waffle maker, KitchenAid stand mixer, ninja blender, coffee maker. It is so hard to choose!
  • Options

Thank you everyone who showed me support yesterday.  I never got back on to say thanks.

Month/Cycle: 6/6 (+3 ntnp)

CD:

WAYDTGKU:
    Some stuff.

R/R:
    Well yesterday was not my day… MH and I got into a fight.  I know I’ve been crabby lately and I can sometimes take it out on him. It doesn’t help that the new puppy is struggling with potty training, creating a lot of stress.  DH ended up yelling at me, which to be honest I probably deserved (I was being a bitch).  He ended up sleeping in the spare room and I slept with the new puppy (who has to go potty multiple times in the middle of the night). He’s been the one taking care of her mostly cause he’s off of work for his broken wrist… I’m pissed and exhausted. But I really could have used some support from him last night.  I mean I did just find out that there might be something wrong with my heart… but on a positive note my mole biopsy came back negative for melanoma.  So that’s good!

C/S:
    Nope

GTKY: What is your favourite kitchen item?
    Well I don’t really cook much cause I suck at it… but if I had to choose I would say the crock pot.

@catlady2015 I too occasionally spot before my period comes. I’m curious what everyone says.

@kimberbeep I’m glad you’re figuring out the stressful dog situation. 

@darkstar42 I’ve been wanting a panini press for so long!  I love hot smooshed sandwiches!  This is sad but the first time I ever had a panini was in France and omg was it amazing!

@Stargazer1lily I think we got a new pup around the same time as you.  I initially wanted to keep her in her crate at night but MH wanted her to sleep with him in the spare room.  Now she’s used to sleeping in the bed and whines like crazy if we try to put her in her crate at night. It has created some drama in the house.

@jaylii Hey girl. I think I’ll probably O late this month too.  Too much stress going on, usually tends to mess with my cycle.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    @catlady2015 So I take a B vitamin complex, and though I don't have LP spotting, I used to have a bunch of mid cycle spotting. Since taking it I haven't had any. I say it's worth a try...

@kimberbeep I think you did the right thing with the dog situation. You found them a loving home, so I don't think anyone could be upset at you for that.

@darkstar42 So sorry you're back here. I'm glad you've got everything in place for this next cycle. If not temping makes you more relaxed, then I'd skip it too! I hope your acupuncture appointment goes well

@Stargazer1lily Good luck with the puppy training! 

@jaylii I hear you on the exhausting FW...I hate that my cycle and O'ing are so random. Hope you O' soon!

@jrm_14 Hope you can get all your insurance stuff squared away soon. Sorry about the stress it's causing you. 

@LJMoon6 Sorry about your overwhelming appointment yesterday. I have minor cardiac issues myself. The irregular beats my doc heard ended up being harmless after a seven day monitor and ekg evaluation. Hopefully your results are the same. Did they get back to you on your results from your ekg?

• Options
    @josie12367 I don’t go in for the EKG until next Tuesday… I’m thinking about changing it to tomorrow though.  I don’t want to be stressing about it over the weekend.  What kind of irregularities did your doctor hear? I’m just really hoping that she was mistaken on what she heard.  But she did take her time listening to my heart and when she was done she said she wished she had a med student there to listen because it was very distinct.  So if she’s correct on what she heard then that sucks cause everything that I’ve read says something similar to this: “Paradoxical splitting always indicates significant underlying cardiovascular disease…”
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    thanks @darkstar42 @jrm_14 @josie12367 @meladams10 for chiming in! I don't have an ob-gyn here yet (we just moved 2 months ago and my old ob-gyn is too far away to pop in for this). Guess I should get my butt in gear and get an appointment with one here! Was hoping this wouldn't be an issue and I wouldn't be going in after 3 months, but it's clearly not working so well for me. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @emmasemm - thanks so much! I didn't know about the estradiol, too. I stupidly thought that since I've been ovulating that estrogen wouldn't be an issue. Really appreciate your expertise! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @emmasemm HEY! So glad your body held out till today :) Yea for bodies acting normally for once! I sure hope you get some beautiful follies this round. I will be chanting and cheering for those ovaries of yours! I also lol'd at your GTKY. Best answer of the bunch  :D

@meladams10 So jealous of those copper pans!

@LJMoon6 I've had so many OBs and General practitioners diagnosis mine wrong over the years...some have said ST issues, murmurs, and all kinds of scary names really. It always freaks me out because clots run in the women in my family, and my mother had a heart attack at 49....So...it's scary for sure. Ended up I have a trace murmur which is no big deal, and ectopic beats which are also no big deal (might be the fluttering you've talked about on a prior post, as that's how mine feel). I'm also always slightly tachycardiac, but again it's no big deal. A conversation and evaluation from a proper cardiologist is what you need if you want a true dx. Ask your OB for a referral, and try not to panic till you see a doctor who specializes in matters of cardiac issues. PM me any time if you have questions...I've had several evaluations over the years