May 2018 Moms
Options

STM Check-In 12/21 (One day late!)

I'm not super active on here, but I like the STM check-in and didn't see one for yesterday. Let's try this one day late!

How far along are you? 

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? 

How old are your other kids? 

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 

GTKY:  Any fun and exciting New Year's plans?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: STM Check-In 12/21 (One day late!)

• Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Boy

How old are your other kids? 2.5 y/o daughter

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- Had my AS scan yesterday! Was fun to get confirmation that baby really is a boy (blood test had already told me so) and luckily, everything is good. Left my daughter at a neighbor's house during the scan and she did great, except for the pee accident part...this has been happening more frequently lately and I am over it. Why must you throw a huge fuss about going potty unless you're truly about to pee your pants??!!

GTKY:  Any fun and exciting New Year's plans? Was invited to a friends' party that's right by Central Park (in NYC) where they set off fireworks. I'd love to go, but don't think it's worth the expense of a babysitter (if I could even find one at this late date!).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    Good question.  18w4d I think? 
    It's all blending together at this point. 

Team green 

2 year old twins

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- 
    We just had our first puking experience this week and it wasn't fun, but it wasn't too bad honestly. It started at like 1 in the morning and DH and I were just automatically on the same page without saying anything. He was in the spare bed with DD (wasn't sick) and I was in our bed with DS  (was sick). He'd start to do his thing, I'd call DH, he'd come in and take away any dirty towels and DSs soiled shirt, he'd throw them in he laundry and I'd clean him up, resettle the bed. It was very choreographed. I'm weird so I was very excited the next morning with how well we handled it and how no one got upset or yelled. 
    Fingers crossed that it's out of our home now! 

Friends are throwing an "around the world" party and want people to bring food for a certain country. We weren't sure if we'd go, but MIL has been itching to watch the kids. Her and her bf will be spending the weekend around here anyways (they live 2 hours away) because we're having her family Christmas at sil that weekend as well. So it all worked out.
    I am not looking forward to being around a ton of drunk people while pregnant, but hopefully they aren't too bad. If they are, maybe we'll just leave and go to a 24 hour restaurant, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 

17 weeks, 2 days
    I'm not sure yet. I'm supposed to find out on 1/2 but I'm getting nervous because some snow is coming in. In GA that means everything shuts down.
    DS is 2.5
    I'm loving Christmas with DS this year! He's talking/communicating more this year. He says he's so excited and he'll randomly give me a hug and say "Merry Christmas, Mommy!"
    Probably going to bed at 9... 10 if I'm feeling really wild and crazy

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    17+5

Don't know yet.  AS is scheduled for 1/4

She'll be 1 the day after Christmas! 

I have been oddly calm about having two really young kids soon.  Maybe because my daughter is sleeping better and generally has been pretty easy lately so I haven't been overwhelmed by the idea of adding another baby.  This could change at any moment though. 
    no plans..I'll try to stay up to see the ball drop but can't make any guarantees 
  • Options
    @maplemom18 DD1 became very defiant when we started potty training. She's almost 7 and still incontinent. She's been on medicine for almost 2 years. I know a ton about potty training and what can go wrong and all sorts of things now. Feels free to reach out if you want to talk about it. Take it from me, it's better to back off and go back to diapers for a while than to know all the names of every pediatric urologist in the US.

For new year's, we're planning to go to sesame place. They have a whole thing for it, apparently. There's a restaurant near the park that is really good so we will go there for dinner and then the kids can fall asleep in the car. I'm trying to come up with a way to make midnight a little more exciting when it's just us. Pre-kids we were all about the bars and dancing.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  21+2

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Team blue. I was wrong.

How old are your other kids? 20 months

Rants/Raves/Questions (related to being a STM, stages your kids are going through, or anything else)- More of a confession, but I'm a little disappointed to be team blue.  DH wants a daughter and he would be great with one.  I am holding on to the image of Viking frisking with a little brother and that makes me happy.

GTKY:  Any fun and exciting New Year's plans?  Nope but doing noon years eve" at the library
    Jana Lynn
     Happily married since 5/24/2015  Momma of a baby Viking since 4/16, expecting #2 in 5/18
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    21weeks today

DKY

20 months?

He’s just recently learned how to sign “mama” and “yes” which is so helpful!

A friend of ours is throwing a party and insisting we come... She even said we should bring the pack and play for J, and let him go to bed there... I don’t want to go. I don’t want to party, I don’t want to be around drunk people, and I damn sure don’t want to be awake past midnight in any clothes. (I sleep naked) MH said he’ll handle it the day of, so I guess he’s planning to tell her J is sick? Our real plans probably involve watching a movie and going to bed at 12:01
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    19+6
    Girl
    2yrs
    Just wish my kid would sleep pat 530am! We were also going to potty train over Xmas break but now we’re so busy I just don’t have the time to dedicate to it. So I’ll be taking some time off in January to do it, which is fine because yay vacation days!
    if the weather is good we’re taking an out of town trip for 4 days!!
  • Options
    maplemom18maplemom18 member
    edited December 2017
    @nanifrog She's been potty trained since April and usually pretty good so we're definitely not going back to diapers at this point. Hopefully she'll get back on track soon. If not, I'll reach out!

@crazyliblady I felt a little sad to be team blue when I first found out too. I had this vision of 2 lovely daughters who would have that sisterly bond. I know it's different since I already have a girl, but it's always shocking to be different than what we kind of hoped for and pictured, I think. Also, randomly, I was team green the first time around and kind of disappointed/surprised/overwhelmed when I found out DD was a girl (at her birth!) because I thought all along that she was a boy. It's crazy how much our thought process changes.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    suchaglencocosuchaglencoco member
    edited December 2017
    I just uttered "I really hate the man in the yellow hat". So that is how my day is progressing, haha.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18 + 4

Boy/Girl/ Team Green/Don't Know Yet? Scan is tomorrow!

How old are your other kids? 13 months

I have to start doing time outs, or something, with DD. She's going through a hitting/biting stage (and she's also teething) and it freaking hurts.

GTKY:  Any fun and exciting New Year's plans? Fun and exciting as I'm not doing anything and don't plan on leaving the house!
    <BabyFetus Ticker >
  • Options
    @loko08, I think we started to do timeouts around then too. We have a specific chair in a specific corner that they have to go to. We follow the 1 minute per age ruLe and at 18 months I turned it to a 90 seconds. We don't take to them while they're in timeout. Afterwards we get on their level, explain a few times what was wrong and why, then end with a hug and kiss.
    It's been working fairly well for us
  • Options
    We do something similar as @suchaglencoco. We don't have a specific spot. DS is placed in time out where he is misbehaving. We do the minute per age thing too. Now that DS is older and able to communicate better, he tells us why he was put in time out and what he should have been doing. Then we do hugs and kisses.

This probably belongs in the UO but DS bit me once and really hard on my leg. I popped him, which shocked him so much he's never bit me again. If he's doing something dangerous (not listening in a parking lot or playing near the stove while I'm cooking), we do spankings. He gets warnings telling what he needs to be doing (we count to 3), and then he gets popped. Then we talk about why he got a spanking (it's dangerous to play/run in the parking lot because you could fall or get hit by a big car).

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker