June 2018 Moms

Nursery Inspiration

Since many of us have found out or will soon find out what we are having I thought starting a thread on nursery inspiration might be fun.

We had a specific mountain theme if this babe was going to be a boy (theme we were going to use with DD1 when they told us she was a boy).  Well, it is another girl (yay!) so we thought the plan was nixed...until I said lets just do mountains in girl colors.  This was last night at hobby lobby...hubs got super excited, and we started buying stuff, lol. 

Re: Nursery Inspiration

• Loading the player...
  • Love the woodland stuff!  DD1's nursery is birch trees with owls and it was tough to not go down the many creature rabbit hole. 

I love a good critter so am going with mountains and Moose for DD2 (I thought I attached that pic already, but didn't).  I just ordered this printed on acrylic.  I'm one of the few that LOVE bold colors so I have to keep myself in check. 

ps...have no idea how to do the spoilers

• We're planning on painting two walls black and two walls a soft, light grey.  The room has two windows and let's in lots of light.  Then we'll add in pops of color (I like the animal themes) and some nice green plants.  It's how the rest of our house is decorated.  Something similar to this, but probably not white furniture.

Image result for black grey wall nursery

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @llamamama14 I used those top to girly pictures as inspiration for DDs room too! Hers is a white with pink undertones and a purple accent wall. I bought the polka dot decals but haven’t put them up yet. 

Idk where we are gonna put the new baby. DS will be 2 in late June and I don’t think he’ll be ready for a toddler bed by then. Do I keep the two crib sleepers together or give the baby their own room?
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS’s room was grays, whites and neutral wood, with pictures from our safari in Africa on the walls. For this one, team green again, but I think I’m going to keep it very similar in color scheme but add plants (fake) to the room instead of a theme. 
  • @dinodna3 I found our 2 did surprisingly well sleeping in the same room each in a pack n play on beach vacations. DS is now in a bed though so I'm not sure how soon I'd be able to have a baby boy  in the room with him free roaming. (He'll be 3.5 in June.) 
  • @dinodna3 I found our 2 did surprisingly well sleeping in the same room each in a pack n play on beach vacations. DS is now in a bed though so I'm not sure how soon I'd be able to have a baby boy  in the room with him free roaming. (He'll be 3.5 in June.) 
    I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Curious on people who have names {or going to have names} on the walls .... were you definitive on names or did you put it on after baby was born?

I'm hesitant because my aunt was originally suppose to be named Wendy and her name ended up being Deborah {my nana explains she didn't look like a Wendy as a baby}, however my mum was giving me my name regardless what I looked like.

We haven't swayed on the girl name {we don't know gender yet} but I'm still hesitant.

Pro/Con on putting name on wall before birth?
  • @MissKittyDanger with DD I wouldn't pick a name until I saw her- we had it narrowed down to like 3 names, with a clear front runner.  When I gave birth I remember wanting to look at her and tried to pick her off my chest and the nurse yelled at me.  I let DH tell everyone her name was Reagan before I even saw her face.  Turns out.. she looked like a baby- and not a specifically named baby either.  Turns out.. she looked like a baby- and not a specifically named baby either.  

With this one, I probably won't announce his name until after I've given birth- so I won't add his name to anything until it's on his birth certificate.  

I'm pretty indecisive so I wouldn't want anyone to talk me out of a name I like- and have to start over again.... which I can see happening.  

Also- most babies do not start sleeping in their own room until 4 months- so you have plenty of time after the baby is born to add to the nursery finishing touches like wall decals. 
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• @jsl82 My aunt was suppose to be a small baby, and ended up being bigger with dark skin and dark hair {my nana's words "Nothing like a Wendy." lmao}
    We're pretty dead set on the girl name {weird little voice in back of my head telling me it's a girl and to focus on that} and I think we've got a really good name.

Even if baby is bottle fed they don't sleep in there until then? I didn't know this! I thought they could .... I apparently know nothing lol
  • @MissKittyDanger in the US the recommendation is to have baby room share for at least 6 months but ideally a year, it helps reduce the risk of SIDS among other factors, but the baby can sleep in their crib if that is what works for your family. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @krashke I mean likely we'll have the baby in our room for at least the first 6 weeks, but I didn't know it was a recommendation tbh
    I may see what my OB says since I'm seeing her next week, I'm sure she'll suggest it but idk if the recommendations are diff US vs Canada {i'd be surprised if they're much different}
  • @MissKittyDanger the recommendations come from the American Academy of Pediatrics, so I would imagine they actually might be quite different Canada to US. I know they're quite different US to UK.
  • @MissKittyDanger the recommendation is based on SIDS not breastfeeding vs bottle... either way you are waking up with them so often it makes sense to keep them with you.  We moved DD at 2 months when she was sleeping through the night with her sleep suit.
    me 35/ DH 39
    married 8/22/2015
    BFP#1- 4/2014 edd 1/1/15 mmc/d&c 6/2014
    BFP#2- 10/2015 edd- 6/29/2016 mmc/ d&c 12/2015
    BFP#3- 4/30/2016 DD1 12/27/16
    BFP#4- 9/26 edd 6/5/18

• We moved DD at 2 months as well because our AC went out and we were able to get a hold of a window unit for her room so it was that or cook in our room.  Much sooner than the typical recommendation but it worked quite well for us.  I was glad to have the transition done before going back to work.
  • @sunshineandwhiskey Yeah my biggest concerns are big sibling giving baby some dangerous object like a choking hazard or big sibling sitting on baby or picking baby up. (All of these have been attempted or accomplished by DS in the past 15 mos. He and DD are 21 mos. apart.) He's getting better but I'm not sure how it'll be in 9 months. New baby will be in our room for 3 months. After that I might put baby in our spare room/office or with DD because she'll still be cribbed. If LO is a boy he'll eventually share big brothers room. I'm just not sure when...
  • @MissKittyDanger pro to putting the name on the wall before birth is that it will be done BEFORE the birth, one less thing to do afterwards when you probably won't have the energy. Also the letters are pretty cheap. Cons would be the holes in the wall. If you decide to change it just take the letters down and change it when you feel like it. Depending on which letters you get they can be used decor in the baby shower as well. I've seen baby showers where the colors and theme matched the nursery and almost everything used at the shower was used to decorate the nursery later (it was a lady bug theme BTW).

We aren't having a nursery. We'll have the crib, changing table and rocking chair in our huge master closet. I'm leaning towards not decorating it, although my mom and friends want us to. The baby will sleep in our room in the bassinet for at least the first few months, then in the master closet in the crib. He'll most likely stay there cribbed until baby No. 2 comes along. We have a godson room/ kid guest room upstairs already. It's Saints themed with bunk beds, Saints: wall paper, comforter sets, curtains, desk and chair. Gold paint, and framed football posters on the well. Perfect room for a son to grow into. I purposely decorated our guest rooms so that they can easily transition into bedrooms for a boy & girl. We know we are having a boy. The other guest room is painted green, with heather blue curtains and faux white flowers everywhere. The comforter set is white with green and blue flowers.
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • We moved DD at 3 months.  We just felt it was time haha 
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
    I DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS
    So to add to this *TW loss mentioned* I just recently read a heart wrenching story about a 2 year old who climbed into the crib to cuddle with his 6 month old brother and he accidentally suffocated the baby.  I plan on having the baby in my room for quite some time at first, but this is so scary and heartbreaking.*End TW*
  • @Miz_Liz @llamamama14 I'm legit terrified to have them room together now.  
    Married March 2016
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Adore this illuminated canopy/mobile idea, too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • In our last house, we put baby in a wierd little nook our bedroom had for the first year. ((Because it is what worked for our family)) This time around, newbaby will also be in our bedroom for around a year, until we buy our new house with room for him. Bahahaha. 

Here is Shelby's nook-- newbaby will not have nearly the space she did. 
    My husband is a huuuge marvel fan, so our bedroom is already pretty decked out. If this one is a boy, his name will be Logan (Wolverine) with some wall art/comics framed like the signednpieces my husband already has on display above his crib. 

• Just happened upon this and thought it would be cute for a bohemian nursery! Maybe over the nursing chair or the crib like the previous posted image?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew - My nephew is named Logan for that exact reason.  :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • @twelvetwosomeonenew and @jsl82 The site that makes The Beatles mobile I like makes a Marvel version and a Star Wars version too! 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/dropsofcolorshop

Baby Mobile - Baby Crib Mobile - Super Hero Mobile - Nursery Super Heroes Mobile You Pick The Super Heroes of your choice

Baby Mobile Baby Crib Mobile Star Wars Mobile Nursery Star Wars Mobile Darth Vader Luke Yoda R2D2 Spaceship Nursery Galaxy Far Away
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love all of these ideas!  They are so cute!  My husband and I are both into The Legend of Zelda, Doctor Who, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, basically all things nerdy lol.  So far the items we have purchased for the nursery are Legend of Zelda and Doctor Who themed.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SmithMcFarlane I love the idea of a Who themed nursery. I wish I had thought of that! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @glitterfingers I love that floral mural wallpaper and geometric rug together! I never would have thought that combo would work if I was just standing in a store, but it is way cool. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dinodna3dinodna3 member
    edited January 2018
    @glitterfingers I love it! We are big Wes Anderson fans too. DS had a Life Aquatic themed first birthday. 
    DD:3 | DS:1
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers