August 2018 Moms
Options

DD Check in THIRD WEEK OF AUGUST (12/23 ED.)

This is a check in for those of us due between August 15th and  21st.

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading?

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
DSS: 20
DSD: 17
DS: 4(Nov'14)
MMC:8/17
MMC: 1/18
BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
BabyGaga
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: DD Check in THIRD WEEK OF AUGUST (12/23 ED.)

• Options
     The opening of a straw. Which just seems so increadibly tiny when i look at my baby.

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? I am tired and sick. Still a little nervous until we are out of the scariest bit. I'm good though my hubby seems to be involving himself more this time I think he knows what to expect more.

What are you doing for the holiday season?
    Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? I'm cooking for the extended family and hosting christmas day. And boxing day is my lo's first birthday so having a small celebration. I'm not looking forward to the house full of smells. I'm so excited about lo's reaction to everything though.
    Making bobbin lace. I love it but it needs time i don't have currently
  • Options

How big is baby this week? Sweet pea

How are you feeling? Physically: super tired and hungry all the time
    emotionally: cautiously optimistic (2 previous miscarriages)

What are you doing for the holiday season? Staying home, thank goodness.

GTKY: record lectures for next semester. I teach at a university. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Sweet pea/lady bug

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? So much nausea.

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? We are going to my parent’s for Christmas Eve, going with them to see some friends Christmas night and getting together with my Dad’s side of the family the day after! I’m looking forward to all of it!

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? I like sleep so much, though! I guess I would scrapbook.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    6 weeks....A battleship peg, rainbow sprinkle or a 6.32 screw

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? MEH I almost threw up today at my sisters Christmas brunch. My parents and sister know i'm pregnant but my step kids, son and nieces/nephews don't so that was fun. I never threw up with DS so I hope this time I don't either but I feel significantly worse this time. I was nauseated until 20 weeks with DS but not to the extent I seem to be this time. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? As above my sister had her Christmas Eve brunch today since it made sense to do it Saturday. That was fun overall. I usually just sit and chat with my parents since a lot of the people there and my sisters/her husbands friends/co-workers/employees. I'm not horribly close this my sister so I always feel out of place and she gives me a hard time about my step kids being on their electronics which annoys me b/c they don't know anyone there and they are teenagers. Tomorrow we'll have lunch at my moms and do gifts and stuff. After that we'll come home and do family gifts before heading to church. The step kids go to their moms after church so Christmas day we don't do much but chill. Trying to think of a tradition to start with DS for Christmas day, since we do gifts Christmas Eve.

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Probably wasn't it doing nothing if I'm honest. Plus I love sleep and I don't like a world where it doesn't exist LOL. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @tstaton27 I get you on the cautiously optimistic. If I get too optimistic I worry I'm cursing things. I had a previous miscarriage. Trying not to think about it.
    @kindbytealikat wow that sounds really busy

• Options
    So, this is my check in (hey ladies!) but am I supposed to wait until my ticker changes to post? I won't be 7 weeks until Wednesday.
  • Options
    @xinran Happy first birthday to your LO!! I hope the celebration goes great!
    @tstaton27 I've had previous losses as well - I totally get the anxiety. What do you teach? 

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? A sweet pea

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Ok. Really tired. Having some mild queasy feelings, but no puking yet. No real food aversions, but I'm hungry a lot and just want to eat bread.

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading?
    We are going to New Orleans tomorrow - and honestly, kind of dreading the whole thing. My 3 brothers were supposed to be there too, but they all backed out at the last minute so now it'll just be me and H and my parents. THey're nice and all, but I was looking forward to seeing my bros cuz I don't see them often. Luckily, one of them is coming tonight to spend the night with us before we leave tomorrow. 

Oh man - I really like sleep so I'd hate to lose it. But if I had to, I'd probably use the extra time to dance more, meal prep, or play video games. :) 
  • Options
    Mobile Bumping, so we will see how this goes. 

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? A dot snail? Whatever that is lol. 

Physically I am tired and feel nauseated a lot. Although my husband keeps saying he feels nauseous, so maybe we both have a bug or maybe he's just being a vajeen. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? I am looking forward to telling our families about the baby. But I am not looking forward to seeing my in laws LOL. 

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? That would be a terrible world. 
  • Options
    @juliebird6 I don’t see why you have to wait on you’re ticker. You could just say I’ll be or I was on such and such day. Which I should have don’t bc I switched Thursday 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    I'm on the fourth week thread but posting here to answer @juliebird6 -- nope, you don't have to wait til your ticker change to post. This thread has nothing to do with ticker changes, it's just based on due dates. So if you're due on the dates of this thread, feel free to post here all week long. The thread is meant to run all week for everyone in the specified due dates. 
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    Are the threads always going to be identical? Because if so, I don’t get why we need to have 4 different ones....? I always stalk all the threads, anyway.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    *shrug* We could do different GTKY questions if we want to. I don't know though. Doesn't make sense to me to have them all together because then it'd be like 100 people posting in the same thread which would be way too much imo. But by all means if you have better ideas, go for it!
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • Options
    @lalala2004 it doesn’t matter the GTKY can be different. I just thought it’d be a bit of a way to get to know everyone you know? But it makes no difference to me

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    But also keeping it in different threads so you can get to know who’s due when easier 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? The opening of a straw.

So tired and emotionally whimpy. Actually cried last night because DH and my sister were making fun of me for falling sleep at 7. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? In laws for a great of the seven fishes on Christmas Eve, my mom's house for Christmas day. Friends coming over for New year's Eve. We are hosting a handful of friends with kids. So everyone is coming over really, and can leave whenever they want.

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? God, I love sleep. If probably watch TV, or cook. Maybe learn how to decorate cakes and such.
  • Options
    @hezzer78 Thank You! Enjoy catching up with your bro and hopefully you all be able to get together soon.
    @Firemanswife11 I hope you Don't have a bug!
    @7425cait creepy internet hugs. Emotionally wimpy is a really good description. Although I keep getting a tad ragey too which is disturbing.

I like the seperate weeks. I find it really hard to keep up with big threads as I only ever use mobile and limited time (mostly when lo is sleeping) so it's great to have a smaller more manageable group for me. Obviously doesn't stop anyone stalking all the different threads if they want. I also like that people within the one thread are more likely to have similar things going on.
  • Options
    Sweet pea

Pretty good besides the random bouts of extreme heartburn. Which is irritating. I didn’t have heartburn with my son until about 7months.  Before that I never had it before. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? Seeing my son open his presents and telling family about the new addition. 

I don’t even know. 
  • Options

How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? I don't know my EDD but I guesstimate Aug 17ish so baby is a sweet pea 

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Fine and fine 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? In Ireland and loving it! 

clean my house? Read books. Paint some rooms/furniture. Meal prep. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hey guys! I struggle with bump mobile and copy and paste so I’ll come back and do the questions later. My ticket change was yesterday and I’m 6w1d today - edd 8/20. I’m getting stressed out because I had a lot more ultrasounds much earlier on with my last pregnancy. But Friday will be my first. Of course I spent a ton of time last night reading about missed miscarriages. This week can’t go fast enough. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    How big is baby this week? Any fun comparisons? Rainbow sprinkle here at 6w4d.

How are you feeling? Physically and/or emotionally? Physically the exhaustion is SO REAL. I feel like a zombie most of the time and just want to take naps all day every day. I get nauseous randomly but besides some major food aversions (Christmas dinner was HELL to prepare) I've been alright. Emotionally? I'm a train wreck. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Anything you're looking forward to or dreading? Well now that Christmas is over I'm mostly just dreading pretending to drink at our New Year's party and trying to stay awake till midnight since we haven't told anyone yet. 

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? This can't even be a question, I love sleep too much. 
  • Options
    @xinran Wow, I'm really impressed you can make bobbin lace.  It sounds so hard.  I'd love to see pictures of your work.

@Firemanswife11 Ugh, I remember that from last time.  Everytime I would complain about a symptom, DH would be like "yeah, me too!" It made me want to punch him.

I'm 6 and 2.  A dry kernel of corn isn't very fun.

I'm a bit nauseous, and I'm never hungry, even though I get a lot worse when I don't eat.  I'm a bit weepy and a bit irritable.  I'm feeling pretty optimistic, which makes me a little superstitious.  But I'm trying to stay positive.  I'm hoping my appointment on Thursday goes well.

We have made it through DS's birthday, my birthday, Solstice, and Christmas.  Next, we have DH's birthday, a wedding in New Orleans, and New Year's.  So far it's been fun, but I'm mostly just hoping to survive.

I assume I'm the only one who doesn't have to sleep?  I'd like to read and craft.  I should get more exercise.  Actually, what I really ought to do is write my dissertation.  What I would probably do is sleep anyway.
  • Options
    6 weeks, 1 day. Size of a ladybug

Tired, nauseous. Heartburn has plagued me since before my BFP. Emotionally, I’ve been a bit short tempered. Sorry, hubs!

My visit with the in laws is over, thankfully. My parents’ Christmas got postponed due to everyone being sick. We do that one tomorrow. Then New Years Eve my extended family is getting together. 

i love sleep! I guess I would clean or exercise. 
  • Options

6 weeks today. Baby is the size of a lentil

How are you feeling? While besides my non-pregnancy related cold, I feel fine. No real symptoms yet. 

What are you doing for the holiday season? Well we celebrated with all sides of our families. For NYE, we’re going to my brother’s. Between the 2 of us, we have a 4yo, 3yo and 2 2yos so we’ll hang out for a couple hours and go home. 

GTKY: If I didn’t have to sleep, I would binge watch Netflix and read. Clean/organize my house. If my kids weren’t sleeping either, I would spend time with them. 
  • Options
    I like the smaller threads but its confusing bc my due date is 8/20 which is the 4th week of August not the 3rd. Anyway...

6+2 today - sweet pea

Meh.  I'm always queasy and this morning I was really crabby.  

Christmas was nice and we got to spend a lot of time with our families.  I'm not looking forward to NYE because we will have to be out late and I'll probably fall asleep at the party.  New Year's Day we will go to my MIL's annual brunch and that is always a nice time.  

GTKY: If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time? Read.  I have so many books I want to read. 
    History and blog link in spoiler
    2016 - dx with super low ovarian reserve; failed cycle with clomid, failed IUI, 
    2017 - egg retrieval #1 - 3 eggs, 0 embryos appropriate for transfer; ER #2 2 eggs, 0 embryos on day 3; ER #3 1 egg 0 embryos
    moved to donor egg in summer 2017; 35 eggs retrieved; 19 fertilized; 9 total embryos
    Fresh transfer Dec 2017= BFP!  baby boy born 8/22/18

May 2019 - surprise natural pregnancy ended in MC
    Nov 2019 FET; MC at 9 weeks
    May 2020 FET; BFN
    July 2020 FET; CP treated with methotrexate
    Oct 2020 BFP! 

Take a look at my blog

• Options
    lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    @laurad75 a week is 7 days. Your due date is the 6th day of the third week of August

edit: So this is week by date, not calendar week.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    7 weeks - baby is a blueberry.

Bad.  I was so weirded out by lack of symptoms, but alas, they have arrived.  Very nauseous but can't really eat because nothing sounds good.  Super exhausted but if I get a chance to nap, I can't sleep.  Very irritable.  Trying to put on a happy face because who wants to be irritable at Christmas time, but whew, it's tough.

Our holiday excitement is over now.  I'm dreading putting away all the decorations.  So tired, can't even dream of wasting precious rest time to put that stuff away, but I know it needs to be done.

There's no world in which I wouldn't choose to sleep. However, if I had an extra baby free hour each day, I'd probably spend it curled up next to the fire, reading.