January 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 12/27

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 12/27

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks, a pumpkin

2) How are you feeling? So tired and sore. I really hate the waiting part. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? I have my 38 week appointment Friday

4) How are baby preparations going? I've pretty much given up. It is what it is, she'll be fine. 

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? A little of both. I was prepared for HG this time and avoided being admitted to the hospital during the 1st trimester, however, I still ended up in the ER 7 times. I also thought I'd be more comfortable this time (LOL) but that has been very wrong. Now if only she'll come before 41 weeks I'll consider it a win. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 37 weeks, big enough to come out

2) How are you feeling? Good this morning. Hormonally, things are changing. I can feel it due to the random migraines I’m getting lately. Also had some diarrhea and vomit last night. Wtf. I thought i was a goner to the tummy bug but was able to stop it after an hour so idk.

3) Any appointments this week/last? 39 week appt was very disappointing. No cervical changes from the past appointments. OB wants an NST in a week and also wants to schedule induction for 41 weeks. He didn’t seem too optimistic about avoiding the induction.

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 39 weeks, a pumpkin according my to the photo app and a watermelon according to the Sprout app lol 

2) How are you feeling? The last 2 days I’ve been exhausted and feel like I’ve been kicked in the vagina any time I’m standing. Perfect for Christmas. I’m hoping that means I can get my membranes stripped today at my dr appointment lol.

3) Any appointments this week/last? I go in at 9 for my weekly appointment, we’ll see if all the pressure and feeling like I’ve been kicked in the vagina means that there’s been a change in my cervix! If I’m starting to dilate/efface then we’ll try the half assed induction plan, if not we’ll scrap it and I’ll go back to squatting and only sitting on the exercise ball while drinking my RRLT and eating dates.  

4) How are baby preparations going? We’re as good as we’re gonna get lol  

6) GTKY: Has this pregnancy been better or worse than you had anticipated? It’s been overall better, most of my good friends have been pretty miserable pregnant so I was expecting that. The nausea at first was not fun, but I didn’t throw up so it could have been worse. The swelling now sucks, but it doesn’t hurt, so it could be worse. No hip or back pain, mild acid reflux, the only symptom that can go F itself is the carpal tunnel lol. Honestly, if there wasn’t a ticking clock on DH’s new job and when he starts I’d be fine staying pregnant until the last minute. He really wants to be home for the first few weeks, and I want that for him, so FX kiddo comes a little early!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

38 weeks- pumpkin

2) How are you feeling?

Crampy and tired. Sometimes I can’t tell if I’m having a contraction or gas pain if I wake up in the middle of the night 

Had one yesterday- 1cm, cervix is “super soft” and baby is low. My OB said once contractions hit 5min apart to not dilly dally and go to the hospital bc she thinks it’ll be a fast labor. It’s getting real! 

DH needs to pack a bag for himself but otherwise we’re all set. I asked him about packing one last night and he said “it won’t take me 10 minutes to pack “.. he’s always a last minute kinda guy and I’m the planner

More aches and pains with this being the second. Overall, it’s been relatively easy but my first was definitely easier symptom-wise. But looks like labor will be better this time so I’m looking forward to that trade off 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

37 weeks. Baby is the size of Zach Morris' cell phone (Saved by the Bell) haha

2) How are you feeling?

I'm doing okay, having more pressure in the vaginal area and it feels sore which is weird. Looking at pictures from two weeks ago vs. yesterday, it looks like I've dropped a little which is cool. Still having the groin pain on/off and it comes with the belly tightening, so probably BH contractions. Blood sugars have completely taken a dive back into absolutely normal, and I'm not having to eat the GD diet anymore in order to keep them in normal range. I'm going to be asking my OB about this tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy about it. 

Tomorrow, we're doing another ultrasound to check on fluid levels since they were on the higher side last week, and probably a NST again. 

I need to put in car seats, pack hospital bags, wash clothes/towels/blankets, and generally just finish cleaning and putting things away. 

Rave: I'm officially on maternity leave now, so the above things can start getting done! Woohoo!

I would say it's been easier than I anticipated. My mom always told me her pregnancies weren't bad, but I didn't believe her at the time. Now I'd say it really wasn't that bad. The GD diagnosis threw me for a loop, but it really wasn't even that bad and now it seems to be resolved. It was really only an issue for about 1 1/2 - 2 months when the hormones levels were the worst, and during that time I'd have to say the insomnia bothered me more than the GD diet and blood sugar checking. Sooooo glad insomnia is over (I slept 9 hours straight last night) :)