Trying to Get Pregnant

TTCAL w/o 12/18

This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage / spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and / or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY: a serious one... It was brought up bout naming your loss(es) last week.  Did you name yours, if so, what is the name?

What is your favorite New Year's tradition?

Re: TTCAL w/o 12/18

• Loading the player...
  • @ambybambi I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • galactickatesgalactickates member
    edited December 2017
    @tamalahoops - our best friends are going through the adoption process right now,  they finished their home study a month or so ago and are just anxiously awaiting a phone call.  Its been really interesting learning about the process. I hope everything goes smoothly for you.  The husband was adopted and my dad was adopted. I think it's really awesome.  Good luck with everything. I would love updates on how it's going. 

ETA- They TTC for 3 years before moving on to adoption.  That's why I was trying to relate it back.  They are so excited to be getting closer to bringing home a LO. 
  • @tamalahoops ((((hugs)))) upon hugs... ❤  Will be thinking of you and Oliver during this especially tough time.
  • tamalahoops Honestly, I have more anxiety and depression leading up to the due date than on the actual date itself. I think it's because I usually end up so busy on the due date that I almost 'forget' about it until later in the day; whereas, before the due date I spend days and hours lamenting it's approach. For my first MC, I was super depressed the cycle before the due date when I didn't get PG again. Knowing that I wasn't PG before my due date was more devastating than when the date actually approached. I hope you can find some comfort in this time. Stay busy is some of the best advice I have. Also, let yourself grieve. And if you don't have a therapist, I would highly recommend one (although you may have to go to a few to find one you actually like and can work with). Mine is amazing and has done great things with me for my anxiety and depression because of MCs.

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• @galactickates that's so exciting that they are waiting on a match! Could be any day for them. I can't wait to get to that point.

@dpjennifer thanks for the insight. I keep telling myself to just take it day by day. One foot after another until the 29th. 

@BusinessWife hugs right back at ya lady. 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• @ChloandCoco, I hope you get good results today!  FX for you.  I am sorry about the announcement on Christmas, but am glad it isn't a surprise for you.  *Hugs*

@ambybambi, I am sorry for your loss and that you find yourself joining us, but I hope you find support with us.

@galactickates, yay for soon being off the bench!  And sorry you still had HCG, but at least it is almost gone. As to using the names, DH will occasionally talk about Harrison.  He is really struggling with this loss though, so he doesn't talk about it, ever.

@coco2787, the hormone crash is the worst, I hope you start to feel better soon.  And I an sorry the pathology report wasn't more detailed, but unfortunately there isn't always a way to tell.  I an certain something was "wrong.". My OBgyn went on extensively about how almost all miscarriage is a chromosomal issue that is unavoidable in all ways.   
     I have to finish getting ready, will finish tagging later!  Hugs to you all, I am certain the holidays are making things so much harder for all of us.
  • @ChloandCoco I have the Christmas announcement jealousy too, I'm sorry  :/  I'm staying busy by just getting stuff done around the house that I've procrastinated on.
    @galactickates sorry you have to go back to the doc.  I'm glad to hear the sadness is letting up a little bit  <3
    @meatballs37 those are beautiful names  <3.  I'm so sorry you have to spend the holidays without your boys.  I can't imagine the heartache you're feeling right now.
    @dpjennifer yay for fertile days!  FX for you.
    @acciocoffee I'm glad you're feeling hopeful.  I hope you're off the bench soon!
    @tamalahoops I'm sorry that your due date anniversary is putting damper on the holidays.  I hope that it isn't as bad as you think  <3  I'm sure adoption wasn't the path you imagined, but I hope the process is quick and goes smoothly.
    @holly321 talk to your doc!  FX you're off the bench soon.
    @dragonette505 I hope the appointment with the surgeon goes well.  I'm sorry you're dealing with reminders of what was supposed to be  <3

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @meatballs37, I am sorry you are having a hard time with Christmas.  *Hugs*.   

@acciocoffee, I am sorry your hormones are making you so emotional, I think that is part of my problem.  I had to get a Depo shot and it has been messing with my hormones.  But i am glad to see that you are starting to feel hopeful again. 

@tamalahoops, *hugs* With my last loss, the lead up to the due date, anniversaries, etc, is always worse for me than the actual day.  I think I focus too much worry about how upset I will be that I end up getting myself more upset.  Once my due date passed, it did get a lot easier.  I hope it will be the same for you.    And of course you are welcome here.   I wish you the best of luck with adoption.  We had been back and forth about adopting, and haven't ruled it out for the future.  Do you have any time line for when things will happen? (I hope that makes sense, I guess like what steps happen after paperwork, I assume their is an approval process, how long does that take, etc.)

@dragonette505, good luck with your appointment with the surgeon.  How long do you think you will be benched?  I am certain it was hard for you to buy a gift for your nephew's baby, but I think it was sweet and selfless of you to do.  I am pretty sure gift card would have been my route.
  • Thinking of you today @BusinessWife!

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Merry Christmas @BusinessWife!!  <3<3<3 I hope everything goes beautifully for you! 
  • @BusinessWife, that is such a sweet sentiment.  Hope everything goes well for you today!
  • @BusinessWife Yay for you and your little embie!!!

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• Yay!!!!!  <3  <3 thanks for updating us!  

Trying to add a so excited gif but TB is failing me. 
    I love all the Christmas Magic happening right now.   <3<3
  • @galactickates. Thank you!!!!  Omg yes, I was trying to gif earlier and it was an epic fail.  Lol I wish they would straighten these glitches oit.  I can't update my siggy either and it so badly needs it  :s
  • Finally got only a squinter of a BFP.  Never thought I would see the day where I would be hoping to see a BFN.  In other news, I started bleeding again at 11 days post D&C; it would be nice if my body wouldn't drag this out so much.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 I felt all those same feelings.  I feel like you are 2 weeks behind me, it makes me sad that you're going through the same things I did. It's so awful you just think no one else should/could ever know what it feels like, but here we are.  :/ 
    I remember thinking those same things about how can I possibly be praying for a BFN right now. Now I'm praying for AF. It's crazy, and I hate it.
  • yes @galactickates it's all been very surreal.  I can't believe it was only 2 weeks ago that I was pregnant, it almost feels like that was never real.  

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • Hi ladies. I'd love to join you all! I realize it's no longer the week of 12/18, but I hope you don't mind my joining :smile: . I'm so sorry for each of your losses. I will be praying for support for each of you and for a sweet babies in 2018!

Introduce yourself and anything you think is important: number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis / conditions surrounding loss, etc. 

TTC x 12 months in 2017: 3 very early losses (5wks-3days, 4wks-3 days, and 4wks); So far all of unknown cause

Status: benched waiting for AF; just finished 2 weeks of antibiotics this month and dental work; FUN! lol

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

I had a rough time early this month grieving our losses. There are so many questions and few answers. In all honesty, a year ago, God promised my husband and I living children before we started TTC. Never expected this journey on the way to parenthood! Though it's been heartbreaking to go through these losses, I've learned so much about myself, my hubby and I have gotten closer, an I've had a chance to meet lovely women like you ladies who I've been able to encourage and who have been such an encouragement to me! All unexpected blessings. We certainly don't know why certain things happen but I personally know that God's answered countless prayers of mine in the past; I trust that he will totally answer this one in His perfect timing too! 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Just started seeing an REI. All of my testing just came back normal; she feels optimistic for our future efforts which has been so encouraging to hear in this season. I start clomid 25mg next week in hopes of getting more well-nourished developed ovulations and am too excited!!!

GTKY: a serious one... It was brought up bout naming your loss(es) last week.  Did you name yours, if so, what is the name? Our first baby DH and I both know in our hearts was a boy and he has a name that we both cherish. Our subsequent other 2 babies we lost do not have a name. It all happened so quickly and presently we do not have a name for them.

What is your favorite New Year's tradition?
    We usually go to church to the short NYE service to ring in the NY. This year, we moved to a new city and I kind of want to do something touristy like go see the ball drop lol. Don't know if I can stay up that late though so we'll see :-).

• @kaceykp, I was literally about to start a new thread..... And will shortly.  I am sorry for your losses and that you find yourself here.  I hope you can find peace and hold on to your faith.  And antibiotics are the worst.  I just finished them and am still sick, so pretty sure I need more.  
  • Thanks Holly!! I just saw it :-)! I'm so for your loss as well. Here's to a bright 2018 for all of us!