November 2017 Moms
Options

LNCI - 12/21

Checking in, Ladies. How goes it?

I’m about at my wit’s end tonight. My daughter has been awake, fussy, and screaming for the better part of the last 7 hours. She refuses to go to sleep. I’m exhausted, mentally and physically.

Re: LNCI - 12/21

• Options
    @curiousfool1 I'm sorry to hear that; hope it gets better and LO goes to sleep soon!
    DD was crazy fussy earlier, and nothing was helping her calm down. I felt like I was on the edge of sanity. We finally got her calmed down and she is currently sleeping on my chest. I know I need to get her in her bed so i can get some sleep too, but I'm afraid that as soon as I move her, she'll wake up and want to nurse.
    We finally got to where she sleeps longer at night, but I have a feeling that tonight's going to be one of those nights. FX that it's not.
  • Options
    I am sorry to hear that @curiousfool1. I am sure you have tried it, but are you wearing her in a carrier? That is sometimes the only thing that will calm DD down and get her to sleep. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I LOVE the mini lamp I posted about buying previously. For $10, it is quite impressive. It softly lights up as almost half the room for about 15 seconds and is motion sensored. I have it aimed at me and when I sit up, it turns on. It is the perfect brightness to help DD see to latch, but not bother her or wake her up completely. I would recommend it! 
  • Options
    So sorry @curiousfool1 that is so hard!!! Hope she finally exhausted herself so you could both get much needed rest or at least you'r SO was able to step in and help so you could get a break. I remember my DD didn't sleep for 24 hours when she was about 10 weeks old. It was the worst. I ended up calling DH home in the middle of his very busy work day because I was going to lose it. We took her for a drive in ththe car and she passed out then slept for like 6 hours at home (it was by far her longest stretch of sleep that we had up til that point!)

hang in there!
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 That sounds really hard.   Seems like a lot of us have had our moments this week with fussiness.  We took forever trying to get LO to sleep last night and then she slept 6 hours!  I still get so worried when she goes longer than 3 hours between feedings since originally we weren't supposed to let her go longer than that.   I also had a moment the other day where she would only be content if I was holding her and when my husband got home I said I needed a break and he got her to calm down and go to sleep right away.  So frustrating!    
  • Options
    I am joining the no sleep camp right now. It seems DD keeps getting really congested each night around 3am and can't stay asleep (3rd night in a row). I used saline drops and we have a humidifier going, but she keeps waking up from the discomfort. 

So right now, I am siting in bed with her propped up by a pillow. Her breathing still sounds congested but she is sleeping. I figured at least one of us should get some sleep. 
  • Options
    @curiousfool1 ... I hope you and LO ended up getting some sleep last night.
  • Options
    Last night was rough for LO, he didn't settle to sleep until 1:30, that was from trying since 8/9.  He just wakes with this horrible cry.  I've only been dairy free for 2 days so it's too soon for things to be too much better, though he was more awake and happier yesterday. And he was on the breast every 1-2 hours the last 36 hours. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry @curiousfool1! How were you able to get your LO settled? 
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies.  She eventually exhausted herself and fell asleep around 1am.  She slept till 6, fed (thank goodness because I was bursting), and slept again until 9. She’s fussy again this morning though. We hit the 8 week mental leap on Monday, and I think this is the start of that period. 
  • Options
    Also joining the no sleeping camp. We bought a co-sleeper that sits in the bed and started using that about a week ago. LO slept pretty well the first two nights we used it, but then it went downhill. She’ll sleep for one 3-4 hour stretch, typically between 10pm and 2am but then she won’t sleep after that. She tosses and turns in her swaddle and makes grunting noises. She’ll do this for 2 hours straight, but doesn’t get to the point of crying. At that point she’ll only sleep if she’s being held. It’s like she hates being in the swaddle, but she startled herself awake without it. Our next idea is to try the Love to Dream swaddle that allows her to keep her arms up but still swaddled in.

Glad to see I’m not alone in the sleep struggle, but I hope we all get some much-needed rest soon!
  • Options
    Have people read the happiest baby on the block and the 5 S’s to calm crying? My husband spent 90 minutes last night trying to get DS to sleep and I was able to get him down in under 10 minutes going through those. Most of them are things we all do already, but combo-ing then helps. I wrapped him in the swaddle me, did shirt Quick sways, enough if a pacifier to get him almost to sleep and then removed it (he mostly hates them). It’s all stuff DH tried independently but doing all 5 worked so much better. I recommend them. 

https://www.happiestbaby.com/blogs/blog/the-5-s-s-for-soothing-babies
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2017
    Total tmi but now I am a little paranoid. I woke up after sleeping for 3 hours and went to the bathroom. I unhappily found a lot of blood. My postpartum bleeding stopped about 1 week ago and I have just been wearing panty liners for the small amounts of light discharge. Tonight, it was enough to soak two regular pads and there were dark red clots. I don't know if this is my first period or what, but I am still bleeding. 

I called the off hours nurses line and left a message. It probably is normal, but I am paranoid because they said to call if there were clots or soaking a pad within an hour. Ugh and of course it's. Holiday weekend....

I guess this could also be my first period, but this is also more blood in 3 hours than I would have in 3 days during my pre-pregnancy periods. Perhaps this is my new normal. 
  • Options
    After talking to the nurse, she suggested going to try ER to be checked out because I am breastfeeding and the amount of blood. Ugh, I really don't feel like going or waking up everyone to get there. Erg, the timing of this is really sucky. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 ugh that is no fun.  But it probably is better to just get it checked out.  Hopefully it is nothing.  
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 Anything up to 6 weeks is considered postpartum bleeding... but clots aren't good. Were you more active over the last day or two? FWIW my first post-MC period was terrible and I almost went to the ER, but it was manageable by day 3. Clots are also normal for me, but I had DDAVP during / after delivery and haven't had any yet.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    She slept through the night! 7 hours!! In a row!! I may have a very fussy baby, but i’ll take that for now if she will sleep like this more often. 

Also, i’m half way through the “Happiest Baby” book, and the 5S tips seem to be working. She’s still fussy in that she fussed frequently, but she also seems to calm more easily now. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 how did things end up last night?

I am part of the no sleep club tonight.  So frustrating because we had a 6 hour stretch last night,  now she is up every 30-45 minutes. ugh. 
  • Options
    We’re still in the no sleep club. The new swaddle hasn’t made a difference. She’s still doing one longer stretch (3-4 hours so not that long) and then grunting/fussing/tossing/turning the rest of the night. It’s like she’s fighting with her swaddle the whole time. I know babies are noisy sleepers but I’m pretty sure she’s awake during this. She seems to be asleep when I lay her down (after going through the 5 s’s) but 10 minutes later the fussing starts. After about an hour she reaches the point of crying so we do a diaper change and feeding. This hour process then repeats. I’ve also given gas drops and gripe water the past two nights and neither made a difference. Her grunting etc. is so loud I can’t sleep through it. Fortunately DH can, so this is probably going to turn into him sleeping with her and me sleeping in the guest room and being woken for feedings. I hope this changes soon because I’m about at my wit’s end.
  • Options
    @ladymeowmeow2 i was literally coming to write the exact same situation as you. DS will do a quiet solid sleep of 3-3.5 hours then after that he will sleep for maybe 20, proceed to fuss for the next hour an a half, want to eat again and repeat. He’s also been eating every 2 hours now instead of 3 all night. It was a very rough night at our house. Thankfully we traded off on who took the next feed and got some sleep 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    Well, going to the ER was an epic waste. Thankfully everything is OK but have no idea why it happened. I stopped bleeding shortly after and have not had much since. They said it could have been my period trying to start or it could be postpartum bleeding, hard to know. They basically said, wait and see. Ugh glad I already hit my deductible, so the visit was free...just a waste of time..

Also, like others here, our DD does the same thing. A solid 3-4 hour stretch and then one hour stretches the rest of the night. She also fights to get her hands free from the swaddle and grunts loudly while doing it. DH can sleep through it, but I cant. 
  • Options
    @dragonfly87-2 we got the “swaddleme” wrap to Help the hands fighting and it’s been a huge help. I think our big issue is reflux. We mentioned it at our last visit and will likely be starting medication after our one month check up Tuesday 
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• Options
    @DungeonTrollMel are their arms free? Looking at it, it seems like they are still wrapped. We currently use a halo sleep sack. 
  • Options
    Same here.  Lots of grunting and tossing around.  We are on reflux meds,  which help,  but still rough.  I think it's gas working it's way out.