April 2018 Moms

GTKY FOOD: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Edition

So what's on your table for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? I see a lot of us talking about shopping for groceries, meal planning, and just generally getting excited for the food. Tell me what you're eating!

Image result for christmas food gifImage result for christmas food gif
Image result for christmas food gif

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: GTKY FOOD: Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Edition

• Loading the player...
  • @ftm_ohio sure! Haha

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ftm_ohio said:

I feel like Xmas meals with our families are just a repeat Thanksgiving meal and that makes me sad. So glad next year I will get to host Xmas being the only one with a grandbaby haha!
    @ftm_ohio I have the same pet peeve! We usually do a beef roast or tenderloin on Christmas Eve for that reason. Sadly I’m stuck with thanksgiving 2.0 with my ILs every Christmas Day. 
  • @ftm_ohio I have the same pet peeve! We usually do a beef roast or tenderloin on Christmas Eve for that reason. Sadly I’m stuck with thanksgiving 2.0 with my ILs every Christmas Day. 
    @Puddlewonderful yes! I am jealous of everyone having beef or seafood dishes! I personally don't like ham OR turkey (UO Thursday) so I really get sick of it at the holidays because I only end up eating carb-filled sides!

Everyone's menus sound great and y'all are definitely giving me ideas for next year when I get to make a menu! 

Great thread idea @ladythrice!
  • @frenchiekinplusone so many stops to make!! Do you guys get exhausted??

CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ladythrice HATE IT. It’s the one thing I don’t like about the holidays. We have an excuse to simplify next year though with baby so we are putting our foot down and not driving all over the place, much to our parents chagrin. I grew up going all over the place on Xmas and I’m hoping to have a calmer holiday routine for my kid! 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18
  • This is our first year after moving five years ago that we’ve finally decided to really start our own traditions. DH’s work always gives a free ham, so we’re going to do ham, fried diced potatoes, rolls, and sweet corn for dinner on Christmas Eve. 

For Christmas breakfast, I’m going to use the ham leftovers and make a breakfast casserole with ham, eggs, and hashbrowns. For dinner, we’re having lasagna. Mainly because I’ve been craving it. :)
  • @okayrunner now I need lasagna!! Sounds so yummy!
  • g_amossg_amoss member
    edited December 2017
    We have an open invitation to a traditional Christmas lunch at an uncle’s on my dad’s side (about 2 hours away). I don’t go often, as that side pretty much all drive me crazy.

Christmas eve - DH and I will have crab legs and maybe twice baked potatoes.  

Christmas day - we offered to host board games in the afternoon with our group of 4 other couples and their kids. Lots of soups and snacks to munch on. Unfortunately right now most are out due to other commitments. So it might be the two of us eating cold cereal  :D

ETA - everyone’s food choices sound delish! Such a variety in traditions :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We do the Italian Feast of the Seven fishes with DH mother’s family on Christmas Eve. This year I started a Christmas brunch tradition which got moved to Christmas Eve morning bc of snow (my parents are coming). We will have banana French toast bake, ham and cheese frittata, linguica hash, sausages, sweet bread, and fruit salad. Everything is prepped to go in the morning! 

Christmas Day I think we are going to the in laws for a turkey dinner.

everyones meals sound so good!!!!
  • I'm catching up on posts today, so my response is a little late.

This was our first Christmas at home this year, and we weren't hosting anyone, so I tried a bunch of new stuff and think these will definitely become traditions for us. 

Christmas eve morning: Eggnog waffles
    Christmas eve dinner: Thai red curry, we made it, not takeout.

Christmas morning: Homemade croissants (I made the dough on Christmas Eve day).
    Christmas dinner: Prime rib, which I never cooked before yesterday. I didn't realize how easy and foolproof prime rib is, it's definitely going to be our go to Christmas dinner! We had mashed potatoes, sauteed shrimp, brussels sprouts, and mushrooms as sides. I was in heaven eating this meal, it was so good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker