Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC

I can't believe this hasn't been started yet.

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • @cdepperschmidt I've never heard of someone getting upset about "happy holidays." What's the reasoning behind that?
  • @cdepperschmidt - I agree,  I think it's stupid when people don't say Merry Christmas. If you don't celebrate,  just say thank you,  or Happy Hanukkah back or whatever is in your heart that you are celebrating.  It's the equivalent to visiting a foreign country and saying hello and getting Hola back. Does it really matter? I can see why retailers would say it,  because they don't want to lose money by alienating people. But even so, if someone is literally buying Christmas decorations you still get "Happy Holidays!" They are buying a Santa.. I think it's safe to say Merry Christmas to them.  Just weird...
  • @Redpuma119, I hate the elf on the shelf too, we have one and I generally forget to hide the dumb thing.  But, we don't pretend it is alive, so it doesn't leave notes or any crap like that, they just have to find it.  I don't really understand how kids believe it is alive.  

• @cdepperschmidt, I don't get the happy holidays offense either.  Regardless of if you are a Christian or not.... There is a holiday one week after Christmas that is nonreligious, and most people celebrate.  I, a Christian, often say happy holidays because there is another holiday after. Plus, my bosses are Jewish and am often around other colleagues that are Jewish, and although I don't celebrate Hanukkah, I tried my best to wish them a happy Hanukkah.  They often wish me a Merry Christmas even though they don't celebrate, so why can't we show the same sentiment.
  • @Redpuma119 I honestly don’t know. I just assume it’s because they celebrate Christmas and they seem to think they represent the majority...
  • @jrm_14 Hahaha I love that!
  • @jrm_14 I always wonder if that will happen. I know so many people that like bump stuff on fb, if I even start to see a couple details line up I wonder which friend it could be.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @jrm_14 my in laws hate that I kept my name. So they address everything as mr and mrs ---. They had a chalk board that said that at our reception. So I erased it and put our first names. I'm not mrs my husband.
  • @Redpuma119 You get me!!!!  MIL had an engraved pan w/ First Married name. She flat out lied and said it wouldn’t fit my legal name. I told her it was okay, that’s what masking tape is for. 
  • @Augusta108 Um, do ya’ll get along?  That’s brutal. I think it was @lurvleybunchococonuts who received a wedding invite to her brother’s wedding & her husband & dsd were not invited. 
  • @jrm_14, she’s never said anything in person to imply she doesn’t like me, but sometimes I do wonder! 
  • @cdepperschmidt @holly321 I agree just say merry Christmas/ happy holidays and say thank you it’s just a kind gesture there’s nothing to be offended about! Fi’s coworker doesn’t celebrate Christmas but we give her a Christmas card because she’s our friend and she gives us a card for Divali (which we don’t celebrate) because we’re her friend.

For elf on the shelf, our equivalent of your dollar store has put their whole Christmas campaign on basically an x rated elf on the shelf and it’s massively controversial. Some people think it’s hilarious while others are reporting it to the police! If you want a giggle/ or to be offended search ‘elf on the shelf poundland’ I would put a picture up here but it’s pribably breaking some TOU...
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts This is amazing! My cross stitch looks nothing like this. Do you come up with these yourself, or are you following patterns? 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ thanks! The ones I made for my mom and sister I kinda just searched for different fonts and pieced together. The one for my little brother was a free pattern I found online. This one I saw the idea elsewhere online but graphed it out in paper myself cause I'm too cheap to purchase it online and print it out :D 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @Redpuma119 I changed my name when we got married, but I am NOT Mrs. his first name our last name.  My inlaws send us mail like that and it totally gets under my skin.  I am okay with Mr. and Mrs. our last name but just prefer our first names. The technically correct for us would be "Dr. and Mr." though haha.  I do wonder if my inlaws are equally offended that I mail them things "his first & her first names their last name"..
  • @lurvleybunchococonuts This picture can be my FFFC of my terrible cross stitching abilities lol. I was making this for a friend and gave up and bought her something instead. 
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    DS:  March 2014
    DD: May 2015
    BFP: 12/24/17 CP: 1/2/18 @ 4w 3d
    BFP: 1/26/18 CP: 2/2/18 @ 4w 4d
    BFP: 5/16/18 MMC: 6/15/18 @ 7w 5d
    BFP: 9/25/18! EDD: 6/9/19 TEAM GREEN  <3 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @eleven_ awww I think that's pretty adorable actually and I see... I'm doing counted cross stitch, you're doing needlepoint which terrifies me and I've never even tried to attempt :D My basic knowledge is that it depends on the type of fabric you use. Mine is open weave canvas which makes is super easy. What you're doing you have to gauge the stitch size alone/eyeball it. The canvas I use is easier cause the weave is so loose you can get consistent stitch size. 

https://stitchers-source.com/needlepoint-vs-counted-cross-stitch/

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• @eleven_ We refer to yours as embroidery!
  • @eleven_ Yeah I’m a big cross stitcher too and embroidery scares me haha I’m trying to teach myself how to crochet now and so far I’ve managed one ‘kind of even’ scarf