April 2018 Moms

FTM Check In

Not sure if anyone has done one of these yet, but I thought it might be fun.  

1.  How far along are you/how big is baby?

2.  Current joys/excitements/celebrations?

3.  Are you currently freaking out about anything right now?

4.  GTKY:  Was there a moment you knew you were ready to TTC?  If so, what was it? 

Re: FTM Check In

• Loading the player...
  • Why is the coconut week so off? lol I see people posting coconut for weeks 22 or 24. This is clearly a flawed process lmao
  • 1.  How far along are you/how big is baby?
    I am 22 weeks and the baby is the size of a coconut 
    I am starting to feel and see my little boy kick!! 
    I am freaking out with just about everything. Labor and delivery, getting an epidural, getting everything set up in time, how I handle everything afterwards. I’m one big mess! 
    4.  GTKY:  Was there a moment you knew you were ready to TTC?  If so, what was it? 
    My SO and I always said if it happens, it happens. So, this little bundle of joy wasn’t exactly planned but when we found out we weren’t upset whatsoever and especially since it’s a boy, the hubs is super excited! 
  • @scuba_chic So happy to hear your DH has been coming around a little more. I have been thinking about you and how things have been going. 

• JJMNO1616 said:
    @scuba_chic So happy to hear your DH has been coming around a little more. I have been thinking about you and how things have been going. 

Ditto @jjmno1616!! Also ditto @Ftm_ohio <3<3<3

ftm_ohio said:
    1.  How far along are you/how big is baby?
    23weeks; the ambiguous coconut 

That my husband is finally starting to come around.  When I first found out I was pg, he was kind of in freak out mode automatically considering finances. Then there was no excitement from him.  He'd say whats the big deal.  Tons of people have babies. Now I see him starting to prepare for it more.  I think he's nesting lol.  He made a to-do list for himself that I found yesterday and at the very bottom he wrote "April 16-'Have Saylor".  I cried and cried reading that lol. 

Every crying emoji in the world! (Can't get emojis on the app). That's the most adorable/heartwarming thing ever!! 

DS: EDD, December 19th, 2014. Born, December 19th, 2014!
    DD: EDD, July 18th, 2016. Born, July 19th, 2016!
    CafeMom Tickers

Baby #3: EDD, April 16th, 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

21 weeks and 4 days.. baby is the size of a bok choy 

The BF and I have all of next week off and we are going to start putting the nursery together 

basically everything. The responsibility of a new life, how can I handle being a career woman and a mom. Daycare and the financial piece of that. And also realizing these last few months are the last as just the two of us 

we didn’t plan this baby he was certainly a surprise for us (I was on birth control). We had just bought our house but my BF has wanted kids for a long time but also is very slow to make decisions sothat if we planned we probably never would have been ready. This baby was certainly meant to be. He is also so excited to have a little boy of his own

@JJMNO1616 the sizing is definitely off from all the apps. I get some different with each one...

@priestess619 congrats on all the new exciting things in your life!!!

@afmom96  also freaking out about all those things

@annabanana051416 I feel the same exact nerves it’s a constant thought 
  • 1.  How far along are you/how big is baby? 26+1

2.  Current joys/excitements/celebrations?  I'm more tech savvy than my mom, so she asked me to get my baby shower invitations printed, which is fun! My birthday was last week, so I got to go out with friends to see the new Star Wars and have dinner at my favorite restaurant, which was great. 

3.  Are you currently freaking out about anything right now? I'm worried about general logistics after the baby arrives - Everytime the house gets messy, or I don't do the dishes, or I'm too tired to cook, I think to myself - "What am I thinking? How am I going to do this with a baby to take care of too?" 

4.  GTKY:  Was there a moment you knew you were ready to TTC?  If so, what was it?  MH sounds a lot like @scuba_chic 's. I've been ready for a long, long time, but he wasn't. He doesn't do change well (he took 10 years to ask me to marry him), and wanted to feel ready and be more financially stable. I had always said that I wanted to start having kids before I was 30, so a year and a half ago when I had the yearly check in conversation with him, to my surprise, he said yes, he was ready! *TW* Two MCs and 11 months later, we managed to get a sticky baby, and here we are. */TW* We didn't meet the age 30 deadline, but I'm just happy to be here.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

25 weeks today; cauliflower
    I'm just trying to be in the moment and appreciate all my body is doing on it's own. It's truly amazing! I love that the uterus is the most powerful muscle humans have; I feel like Wonder Woman.
    I feel like we should be farther along it our planning and prepping... we haven't looked into day cares, set up the nursery, etc. I hope the new year will kick us into high gear.

we waited until we had our own house, and then we found out my MIL had cancer and I was like this is it; we should try now. And it happened quite quickly.
    26+2 today; kale according to TB which I think is a super odd choice. 

My growing bump makes me super happy. I mean it definitely is starting to get in the way (bending down to put boots on isn’t fun anymore and I’m constantly getting stuck in the couch lol) but I am really enjoying being prego right now, which I know makes me lucky! The alien-like baby movements are starting (more rolling than kicking) which are super weird but also awesome. 

I wouldn’t say freaking out, just a little anxious. We still have a ton to do for the nursery (installing laminate floors and painting in January and I just want it DONE) and I’m getting nervous about getting everything finished. We are planning to do maternity photos indoors since it’ll be winter in New England so we need the room to be done by like mid-February. Also stressing about things like daycare and how I’m going to keep the house relatively clean and running while taking care of a baby. And really staying in the mindset of the fact that neither my DH or myself really know wtf we’re doing, so I need to not be a controlling crazy person when baby gets here and make him feel like I’m judging or breathing down his neck all the time. 

We started talking last year about maybe starting to try in the spring of this year but it seemed like such a far off thing that we weren’t super serious about it, and it sounded like DH wanted to wait until a little later in the year to start. One night in late May I think we were watching a movie or some show or something about a baby and when it ended my DH turned to me on the couch and was like... let’s do this thing. It was a super cute/ slightly scary conversation but we decided we were ready! Took us 2 cycles, which was a shock since my cycles are suuuuper long and irregular (like 45-60 days) but I had been charting with FAM for over a year so I think that helped us. We thought it’d take a year to get pregnant but we were thrilled (and totally scared) with the surprise. 
    Me: 31  DH: 32
    Married: 10/3/15 
    TTC: May 2017
    BFP: 7/20/17
    EDD: 3/29/18