April 2018 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 12/22

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any upcoming appointments?

4. Rants, Raves, Questions?

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about Christmas?

Re: Friday Ticker Change 12/22

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    25 weeks! Size of a cauliflower (what?)

Good other than the searing back pain I get every time I go to work and the fact that I'm pretty sure I'll sleep on the couch the rest of this pregnancy!

We went Monday, quick in and out. Measured my belly, weighed me, and listened to heartbeat. No news!

I'm gonna rant a little! Last night we went out to dinner for my DH grandma's 83rd birthday. As we are leaving the restaurant, literally TWO FEET outside the door, there is a group of 3 people smoking. I have to walk through a cloud of their smoke just to get to my car! That makes me SOOO crazy. Not only is that illegal, it's also rude AF! The worst part is, they were just smoking by the cigarette disposal thing because that's where the restaurant had it set up! Ugh!

My tradition with DH of sitting together and opening our gifts at midnight with just the Xmas tree for light. We have both always worked nights and split our time between my parents Xmas eve and his parents Xmas morning so we have always do our gifts just the two of us this way. Kinda making myself sad thinking of it being our last year to do it.

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    25 weeks, Cauliflower
    Better, on Sunday I had dropped the crib mattress on my stomach, it slipped out of my hand while we were putting the dust cover on it. I was not up to much this week because of that.
    Not until 1/9
    How is it Friday again already and also feels like it was the longest week of my life???
    Honestly, I am looking forward to it being over. We are traveling this year and I just want to be at home for a couple days. Maybe the coming snow will fix that for me >:)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @ftm_ohio That's such a sweet Christmas tradition! I love it.
    @sarahkate2233 I hear you about the travelling! I'm so glad to just be home for a couple of days. The only downside is that now that I'm home during daylight hours I have to deal with how dirty my house is! :#
    ---------
    1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 26 weeks, size of a bunch of kale or a pineapple.

2. How are you feeling lately? Pretty darned good. I've been doing A LOT of driving though, which makes my back super achey.

3. Any upcoming appointments? I went on a hospital tour/orientation and had a midwife appt. The midwife appt was totally standard - I got the order for my glucose test, and am now into the appointments every two weeks zone. The hospital tour was informative, and definitely made things seem more real.

4. Rants, Raves, Questions? I've driven at least 3 hours everyday for the past 5 days, far various reasons, and today I not only got to sleep in, but I may not have to get in the car at all!

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about Christmas? Fresh, homemade cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @ftm_ohio That is such a sweet tradition, we always opened one gift on Christmas eve, so maybe you can keep doing it.

What is it about driving that causes so much back pain? I'm also getting BH while driving home and some pinchy back pain in the mornings. Have either of you tried a back support pillow? I was thinking about getting one for the car, but wasn't sure if it would help.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @ftm_ohio LOVE the description of you and your husband's tradition with presents, that makes me a little emotional. I hear you on the smoking, that is so frustrating and gross. I'm embarrassed to say when I used to smoke I just never thought about how it might impact anyone else's quality of life. I look back on it now with a fair amount of guilt. 
    @sarahkate2233 oh NO about the crib mattress. I'm so sorry, that must have added some worry to your life. i hope you get through your christmas travel unscathed, I sympathize with wanting to stay home and cosy. 
    @hedgepig oh man, that is A LOT of driving for many days in a row. Especially if it makes you uncomfortable. Hoping you are reveling in a car free day today!!! Also all I'm going to be able to think about for the next two hours are cinnamon rolls! 

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 23 weeks, grapefruit.

2. How are you feeling lately? Still feeling physically great. I got winded while riding on wednesday but I'm not sure if that was fitness of the fact I was wearing a mask to protect me from some of the smoke in the air at my stables. I felt fine spinning so I'm hoping it was just that I was wearing a mask. 

3. Any upcoming appointments? Next week is my anatomy scan follow up to better investigate the little heart perforations and better see the spine. In major denial about it. 

4. Rants, Raves, Questions? Someone got me champagne gummy bears for christmas and they are helping to keep me sane lately! 

5. GTKY: What are you most looking forward to about Christmas? Just being with my parents. In France, you open presents Christmas night. For as long as I can remember, we would go into my parents room which is at an angle to the living room. You can see the Christmas tree from it. As kids, we would peer through the windows and my mom would dress as santa and deliver the gifts. She would wear a beautiful moss colored coat and wear a funny beard she made out of cotton balls that from far away looked very artistic. She would really stoop and ham it up for us. As we got older, we would invite family or friends with young children to see santa in action. 

The best part is the tree. In older French tradition, the tree is lit with candles while Santa delivers presents. It is so beautiful. We always have a fire extinguisher and buckets of water ready but I think this year with the fires, we will skip it. 

I'm hopeful we get to share this tradition with my son. 
  • @sarahkate2233 I feel you on the longest week ever. I don't even know why, there hasn't been much going on this week but I feel like it's DRAGGING! 

Hope you have safe and stress free (haha) holiday travels!

We might still do a present at midnight. We'll have to be sneaking LO's presents from Santa under the tree anyway! Good point!

@hedgepig I literally said out loud "YAASS" to your driving causing back pain comment! Anything longer than 20 mins and I'm over it! 

Glad to hear your appt went well. I'm so excited to do my unit tour but we will probably wait until February!

3 hours once a week is TOO much driving, let alone 5 days in a row, I'm so sorry!!

• ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited December 2017
    @stalkinghorse WOW! That sounds so amazing and truly special! I haven't met your mom, obviously, but just from your description of your childhood Christmases, I LOVE HER!

I will definitely be thinking of you on Wednesday! Really hoping things go well!

I will fully admit to being an ex smoker as well, but I like to think I was a considerate one (other people might have said different). I can say if I wasn't pregnant it probably wouldn't have pissed me off, but I get REALLY rage-y these days haha
  • @ftm_ohio Oh man, the rage is STRONG with me lately.  :o I can also never predict what I will suddenly deem completely unacceptable. 
  • @stalkinghorse What a sweet memory of the holiday! <3 

@ftm_ohio I think its understandable -  to be taking up the whole sidewalk next to the entrance is really irritating, there isn't any other safe place to walk!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sarahkate2233 My mid back just gets achey, maybe from being in one position for so long? But, also, I get a lot of pressure/discomfort up under my ribs from being in the seated for too long. Eh, not looking forward to how things will be in a couple of months... One of the trips we were on was an overnight and I brought the little throw pillow I've been using under my belly at night and I used that as a back support pillow while driving, and that helped a lot, but then I forgot to bring it on my other trips :neutral:
    @stalkinghorse The candle lit tree sounds so beautiful! We found a big box of my grandma's ornaments in the attic of her house when we cleaned it out this year and there were some of the little candle holders with clips for putting candles on the tree, so I was thinking about trying it out some day :) 
    I'm glad that you got to go riding... are you feeling better emotionally?
    @ftm_ohio I felt a little weird because I was the only one at the hospital tour that wasn't 33 weeks +, but this was when I had the time off work to drive down there in the middle of the day, so I took advantage of it :)
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• stalkinghorsestalkinghorse member
    edited December 2017
    @hedgepig Unfortunately, things just got a little harder for me this week, so I'm still feeling really blue. My husband and I got into multiple fights. He really kind of turtles when I get sad and depressed and it feels like I'm being abandoned. His family is really big on self-reliance, so he's kind of ill-equipped when it comes to empathy and supporting others. 

Insurance is being just awful about the $10K of equipment I lost in the fire. This happens while they raise my auto insurance premium by 44% after a fender bender at 5 mph with no injuries and I didn't even exceed my deductible in damage for goodness sakes. 

More concerning, my vet ran a scope which has a small camera into my horse's tummy and he has a very severe case of ulcers in his main gut and harder-to-treat hind gut. It explains a lot of behaviors, but I feel terrible we didn't do it sooner. I feel like I really let him down, he is one of the sweetest guys, he would crawl into your lap if he could (photo is him with my mom).

ugh sorry for venting guys, these are such whiny problems!!! 

• @stalkinghorse Ah shit, when it rains, it pours :( I'm really sorry to hear about all that, plus with the pregnancy and the holidays it must feel even worse. FWIW, I don't think these are whiny problems, and I know I've whined about much less. I love that pic of yout mom and your horse... what a handsome guy! I hope the ulcers are easily treatable. Insurance is such incredible BS... I know a lot of people who were impacted by the fires up here are having similar problems. It's just wrong. It's also really hard to not feel supported by YH... my thoughts are with you. Hugs <3
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig you gotta do what you gotta do right?? I think I'm remembering correctly when I say you're like 45 mins from your hospital right?? Make it work girl!

@stalkinghorse I'm so sorry to hear about your week. All of that is REALLY tough! Your horse is such a handsome guy, what's his name??

If I was religious I'd pray for you, but I'm not so I'll just continue sending all the good vibes I can from across the country! You know we are ALWAYS here for a good vent session! It's something we all need at times! 
  • @ftm_ohio You're close, but it's even worse than that - 1 1/2 hours to the hospital. Sigh.
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig excuse my language but HOLY SHIT! That would honestly worry me to no end. 
  • @ftm_ohio And we live 5 miles up a dirt road in the mountains.... let's just say I have my fingers crossed for no snow this spring! Fortunately my ILs live a half an hour closer to the hospital than us, and out of any snow danger, so we can stay with them if things look dicey. I figure if we need to when the time comes, we can also get hotel room down near the hospital to wait out early labor. 
    TW
    Started TTC August 2016

• @hedgepig Well it's good that you have a few good options just in case! 

To all my Friday ladies, I hope you all have WONDERFUL Christmases!