June 2018 Moms

** Pregnancy Announcements **

13»

Re: ** Pregnancy Announcements **

• Loading the player...
  •  How far along are you? EDD?
    11 weeks today- due June 26th

2. When will you be announcing to close family/friends?
    Just announced yesterday 

3. When will you be announcing to extending family/friends?
    Same as above, we kept it secret 

4. Will you go Facebook/Social Media official? 
    When? Yesterday How?picture
    5. Anything else you'd like to add? I'll add the picture we took to announce. But we never did this with our first two kids so it was pretty fun to see the responses
  • stephcat421stephcat421 member
    edited December 2017
    @ohshenaniganz so sorry to hear about your scares but happy things are looking up! This has got to be the most original, cutest announcement I've ever seen. Wow, nice work and beautiful children!
  • I was going to announce on Thanksgiving but we decided to tell my MIL early. My SFIL had been in the hospital for a week and it wasn't looking like he we as going to leave anytime soon. We decided she needed some good news. 

She then posted the happy news on Facebook so that killed that. Oh well, she needed it and everyone who needed to know already did. 
  • helenbzhelenbz member
    edited December 2017
    Love seeing these!! 

I have family and friends all all over the world (I’m from Scotland, hubby is from Washington and we live in Alaska now) and I really want to do something non traditional for social media.

My current plan is to wait until the very end of pregnancy or when the baby is here and make a “surprise!” post since all close family and friends already know...but I’m feeling like I’m not sure I can wait that long, especially with other people posting pics of me. Does anyone have any ideas that will satisfy my need to be non traditional? And maybe a little quirky with our Facebook announcement?? This is our first baby.

As a stand by idea, I have posing in front of the thermometer sign here once it reaches 40 or 50 below with some kind of shirt or caption...But it’s been so warm this year I’m not sure we’ll have the opportunity. 

Help! #first world problems
  • @helenbz I really like the idea of you standing next to a thermometer once your baby bump is on display with a shirt or caption saying “BABY it’s cold outside!”

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lisa2589 Oh yes! I will look for a shirt that says that! Or caption it. That’s cute. Better than my idea of hubby frantically putting a blanket on me...he hates that idea haha. He’ll like the idea of Baby it’s cold outside...also because it might take people a minute to register! I love it, thanks! 

Now it just has to get cold enough to do it...it’s been so warm this year! No 50 below in the forecast yet :neutral:
  • I wore this shirt to Thanksgiving dinner and let it do the talking
  • Any thoughts on having this un-pinned? It was mentioned in the randoms thread and had some support, but any other thoughts?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @izza2 I think that would be fine! Many have already announced and if they haven’t yet and wish to share when they do, it would be fine in the Randoms thread  :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @izza2 I'm with ya on unpinning too.  
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @izza2 def think this one can go
  • @bumpadmin - Can we have this thread un-pinned, please?

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• @BumpAdmin unsticky please! 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker

• 1. How far along are you? EDD? 15 weeks edd June 30
    2. When will you be announcing to close family/friends? Done 
    3. When will you be announcing to extending family/friends? Done
    4. Will you go  Facebook/Social Media official?  When?  How? This is how I’ll be announcing on my business page. We announced differently on our personal but stranger danger ;) 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Also unpin please admin ❤️
    Pregnancy Ticker