Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 12/21

Let's hear 'em!
Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 12/21

• edited December 2017
    I hate the combo of peanut butter/chocolate and mint/chocolate. Seasonal candy is the worst.
    ETA: I also love black licorice, so I realize I'm the weirdo.
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • @westphilly But what about adorable kitten gifs? Surely you can't say no to adorable kittens?

@lakesideknitter - you had me up until the black licorice.

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsbubbles-2 I liked you until you dissed my husband. That is UNCALLED FOR!!!! 
  • Breakfast is my least favorite meal of the day. Especially when pregnant, the smells of many breakfast foods (eggs, breakfast meats) completely turn my tummy.
  • @proudparent2b - NOOOOO! Breakfast is my favorite!
    Sorry @westphilly more giffing, but I'm sticking with adorable cats today...

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @westphilly

jk jk 

@lakesideknitter

Have you ever tried a Mint Aero? Get back to me then ;) 

Can't think of an UO right now, even though I think of multiples ones all week and I inevitably forget them! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Chocolate and fruit. Gross. Chocolate covered strawberries?  Gag me. I'll take chocolate and mint or peanut butter any day. 
    Chocolate doesn't go on fruit. 
  • Chocolate, beef (besides ground beef in tacos), pizza,  mustard, ketchup, and asparagus all gross

• I may be a millennial, but I hate avocados.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Chocolate and fruit. Gross. Chocolate covered strawberries?  Gag me. I'll take chocolate and mint or peanut butter any day. 
    Chocolate doesn't go on fruit. 

Usually I would agree with you but chocolate dipped bananas are pretty bomb.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @alinafed me too! Seems a little much. I also didn’t mind the snark from the old days. Some people were just butt heads but most of the time they were actually helping someone get their head out of their butt...hoping I can say butt lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in favor of the organization too. I think that as we all progress we'll fall into a groove and if there are threads that don't get a lot of traffic they'll die and new threads will spin up. So what the board looks like now probably won't be what it looks like in 2-3 months

Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also love the organization.  It's easier for me to find a topic or category I'm looking for and that others may have posted before. I also miss the snark tho :) 

• alinafed said:

I understand the reasons for all the rules and organization, and while it's great not to see a million symptom threads etc, I kind of miss the individuality of posts about different things and not just check-in threads of various sorts. There are lots of comments I want to make but they don't fit into any of the threads on the go so I just keep them to myself. I guess my UO is I kind of miss a bit of a looser format.

There's really no reason you can't start a new thread if you have a question or issue that falls outside the check-in type threads, as long as you're not: A. asking for medical advice before calling your doctor or B. making a 'dear diary' or AW type of post that doesn't engage other members and start a conversation. The structured posts may seem formal, but they really are a great way to get to know the other people on the board. 
    The structure also does a great job of preventing one-off drive-by posts which are very frustrating to members who contribute regularly. Those type of posts are equivalent to walking up to a group of women who are engaged in conversation and blurting out a very personal question without so much as an introduction.
    You are obviously welcome to your opinion, but I am so 100% behind the organization!

That's a good point - I really hated those drive-bys!

• I don't get ketchup. Gross! Give me mayo, vinegar, ranch dressing...anything on my fries except for ketchup!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• vinerie said:
    I don't get ketchup. Gross! Give me mayo, vinegar, ranch dressing...anything on my fries except for ketchup!
    Mayonnaise is vile. On fries? Disgusting. 
  • I'm stuck in this box. Grrr

Our bmb waited until the bumpsplosion that happened after our babies were born to form a group, then the group info was only given to regulars and made secret

• boymom4evaboymom4eva member
    edited December 2017
    meeks2020 said:
    I'm stuck in this box. Grrr

Our bmb waited until the bumpsplosion that happened after our babies were born to form a group, then the group info was only given to regulars and made secret
    Soooo curious, which bumpslosion? We waited until after that too and still have our secret group 3 years later.

ETA cuz words are hard
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • ssthomps said:
    My UO is Elf on the Shelf is the dumbest thing ever. I'm all for magical Christmas for my kids and all that but that elf is WAY too much work. Props to anyone who can keep up with it but I know for sure if I even attempted this I would fail every year. 
    OMg yass (insert hand clap) I am not the only one. I no for sure Inwoild not be able to keep up. It would ruin the whole point. 
    My sister tried to get my daughter into it. I told her I'd slap her. And also if she wanted to do it that bad, she has to come over every night and move the damn thing. And if she doesn't, explain to my daughter why the stupid thing didn't move. And they'd better be good moves, too.
  • @alinafed I second @kindbytealikat-put it in randoms! That's where I place things that I am unsure about!
  • ssthomps said:
    My UO is Elf on the Shelf is the dumbest thing ever. I'm all for magical Christmas for my kids and all that but that elf is WAY too much work. Props to anyone who can keep up with it but I know for sure if I even attempted this I would fail every year. 
    OMg yass (insert hand clap) I am not the only one. I no for sure Inwoild not be able to keep up. It would ruin the whole point. 
    My sister tried to get my daughter into it. I told her I'd slap her. And also if she wanted to do it that bad, she has to come over every night and move the damn thing. And if she doesn't, explain to my daughter why the stupid thing didn't move. And they'd better be good moves, too.
    Oh, the pressure. Did she follow through with it? 
  • This board is more  organised than my previous BMB and I love it! I feel like I can connect with the regs better because we are concentrated in specific places for specific reasons rather than randomly commenting on 50 different threads a day. @alinafed I think if you have a comment that "doesn't fit" then just stick it in the randoms! It could be a great conversation starter! 

@msmonalisavito couldn't agree more. I think it's inevitable that we willing have at least one (more!) of those threads though unfortunately!!

@vinerie salt and vinegar on fries is so good. Just reading you mention fries had me craving them so I'm getting some!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• My sister tried to get my daughter into it. I told her I'd slap her. And also if she wanted to do it that bad, she has to come over every night and move the damn thing. And if she doesn't, explain to my daughter why the stupid thing didn't move. And they'd better be good moves, too.
    Oh, the pressure. Did she follow through with it? 
     Nope, she chickened out an nd I haven't seen her since the day she suggested it. Put up or shut up. 
  • My UO...I don't like boy names on girls (BNOG) and I think the argument that it's okay because some names (ie: Ashley) used to be boy names buy are now girl names - is silly. I do think there are some VERY UNISEX names that could go either way but names that are now still traditionally men's names on girls? No. Flame away. 
  • melpropmelprop member
    edited December 2017
    My UO: I feel like the holidays turn relatively sane people into raving-mad lunatics. I would prefer to curl up into a ball and hibernate until after New Years. 

@proudparent2b I agree about the breakfast foods. I’ve been eating leftover cold pizza for breakfast all week.