Babies on the Brain
Options

WTO/TWW Week of 12/17

catlady2015catlady2015 member
edited December 2017 in Babies on the Brain
Feel free to add to this post throughout the week if your symptoms change or if you have any questions. 

If you are a contributing member with a BFP this week, please share your success with us here!

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: 

TWW - Testing:   

CS/Q: 

R/R:

GTKY: What cheesy song do you have memorized? Bonus points for a video. 
*TW*
Me: 38 DH: 41
Married: 2016
BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19

Re: WTO/TWW Week of 12/17

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 18/7

WTO - WAYDTGKU: 

TWW - Timing: eh, ok. -3 and O. 

TWW - Testing:  WFAF is still the official plan. If i can get away from my IL's, maybe I can sneak in a test before Christmas. But I usually spot for a couple days before so if I see that, I know I'm out. 

CS/Q: nope. Trying to keep the SS and bay. 

R/R: I have all these delicious treats in my house that I have to stay out of, or I won't have treats for my ILs. 

GTKY: What cheesy song do you have memorized? Very ashamed to say it's Barbie Girl by Aqua. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Fx for a fun Christmas BFP!

Wasn't necessarily planning on being here, but here I am!

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 29/7?

TWW - Timing: Well, DH and I went condom-less on what I presume is -2 because I thought I "for sure had O'ed by then." Then, two days later I had horrendous O pain (that has always coincided with O per temps), so assuming -2. I could be wrong. Who knows.

TWW - Testing:  No plans unless AF doesn't show by the weekend. If for some reason I'm KU'ed I'll hopefully surprise DH on Christmas somehow. I probably will ghost if that happens, and I will definitely stick around here if I get a BFN!

CS/Q: No temps so my chart is boring.

R/R: DH and I planned on TTC after the new year, but I guess our indiscretion means we started a little early. I'm nervous and excited all at once.

Gangstas Paradise by Coolio
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @catlady2015 FX for you!!

Month/Cycle: 
    1/1

CD/DPO: ??? (Won't know til my period comes back)

WTO - WAYDTGKU:  PNV, temping/charting, HIO

CS/Q: Nothing this time.

R/R: Still waiting to see what my body is up to. IUD was removed just about 3 weeks ago so it may be a while still. In the meantime, I'm getting used to temping which is good.  My temp spiked up for 2 days in a row, and I got super excited because if I did O the day prior, we would have had -1 timing. But it dropped back down again today, so idk! Time will tell.

GTKY: What cheesy song do you have memorized? Bonus points for a video. Oooh this is a great question. I'm so embarrassed by this lol but I probably still have "The Hook" by Blues Traveler memorized. I'm betting I can't do the fast verse anymore, but I used to!  If you don't remember this song, it was the 90's song with the harmonica that everyone thought was called "The Heart Brings You Back."  :D 
  • Options
    So happy to see you two on here, @Wishilivedinflorida and @diaphena! FX for you!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @diaphena I love that song! Fx for good timing this month. Did you have the Mirena by any chance? I'm considering it after we (hopefully) have baby #2 until we are for sure ready to have DH get snipped. Just wondering how others like it (or if it wasn't the Mirena your experiences are still helpful, too!).
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I got the nexplanon after DD and I’d probably get it again. The “installation” wasn’t bad at all, but my arm was a little tender for about a week after. I had 1 period about a week later, then not again for over a year. I only recently started getting periods again, and some people get constant spotting as a side effect. My moods are more stable than they were on the pill. It’s only good for 3 years, but if you’re hoping to go off bc after DH gets snipped, that’s just enough time.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    @Wishilivedinflorida I'm glad someone knew what song I was talking about! Haha. I did have the Mirena and I had a good experience with it. I had it about 2 years, and I'll probably get another one once we are trying to prevent again. It made my periods basically disappear which is a nice bonus :) My only negative was that I suspect it made my hormonal acne a little worse, but that's cause of PCOS and not really something most people have to worry about. The insertion process is kind of a hassle cause it does hurt, but I didn't have much trouble with it and would do it again!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 FX for a Christmas positive! I also know the words to Barbie Girl. And a local parody called Ken Doll.

@Wishilivedinflorida Hey, things happen! I hope that it works out whichever way you want it to! I don't know the words to Gangstas Paradise, but I do know Amish Paradise! I didn't have an IUD, but I had Nexplanon for six years (two separate implants) and I loved it. My period came back pretty quickly afterward, and I very rarely had one while it was in. Maybe twice a year or so.

@diaphena Hopefully your cycle will regulate itself pretty quickly now that you're off the IUD. When my best friend had hers removed to try for their second, I think she was back to normal in about two months.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: CD14

WTO - WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNVs, calcium and D3 supplements, temping, tracking CM, and using OPKs.

CS/Q: The RE wants me to use OPKs from CD10-19 and if I get a positive, to call them so they can check my progesterone a few days later (if no positive by 19, they'll check it around 23). I haven't had a positive yet and no EWCM, but I had a fairly big thermal shift on CD10, but that could very well have been during one of our colder nights. So I'm just a wee bit confused at the moment. They wanted me to take the tests at the same time every day, which is like "BAHAHAHAHA NO." I don't even work at the same time every day, so there's no way I'm in the bathroom at the same time every day.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6a6564

R/R: DH and I had a stupid fight today and I said something and he said something in return and it caused a major anxiety attack. Still not entirely stable mentally, but I'm getting there.

GTKY: What cheesy song do you have memorized? Bonus points for a video.  You mean aside from the plethora of Disney music I know by heart? Probably Dare to Be Stupid by Weird Al. Or Dream Warriors by Dokken. That one's pretty cheesy, too. Major 80s hair metal. I listen to a lot of 80s hair metal and some of it's pretty cheesetastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDveKxl7Ohs
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1 

CD/DPO: 15

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNVs. HIO. OPKs. Charting. 

TWW - Timing: 

TWW - Testing:   

CS/Q: 

R/R: positive OPK yesterday! But I have strep throat so timing hasn’t been great. Going to take another today to see if it’s still positive or if I’m done O. 

shake that. By Eminem. 
    It was like a weird party thing that I knew all the words. Or baby got back.. 
    wouldnt mind but I basically only listen to country so it’s super out of character for me. 
  • Options
    @kristah2 - total country girl over here, too! My weird songs are all from when I was in HS and listened to more pop/hit music. Not going to lie, I still get cardio on to Baby Got Back  :p
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Update. Another positive OPK this afternoon. Hoping H doesn’t work too late and that by that time we get to HIO my surge is still there! 
  • Options
    @kristah2 Hope you get to HIO and hopefully the egg drops afterward and not before!  :D
  • Options
    Thanks @Wishilivedinflorida and @diaphena ! I managed to get him last night, despite having to try not to spread germs. Not sure if my surge was still there (I turned two, one Tuesday afternoon and one Wednesday afternoon).I'll take another after work today and see if it's still positive or decreasing