Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO 12/20 Wed

Month/Cycle: 

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:  

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name?

Re: WTO 12/20 Wed

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNVs. Charting. CM. HIO. OPKs. 

R/R: rant - Day 2 off work. Hoping penicillin does it’s job quickly so I can get back tomorrow. Rave - at least being home means I can finish wrapping Hs gifts. 

CS/Q:  none right now. You ladies have the best advice and have been so helpful while trying to navigate OPKs. 

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? 
    Lil’coffee 

• Loading the player...
  • @kristah2 Hope you're feeling a little better! Yea for a day off, but sorry for the circumstances! 

@kiwi2628 The Holiday is the best! Glad that AF starting early didn't screw up with your ivf timeline :) 
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• @josie12367 is it common for you to O so late? Is it possible maybe temps were off and you have already? And solidarity sister. Eat the sweets. Might be bad for the physical health but ohh so good for the emotional health. 
  • Month/Cycle: 6/7

CD: 6

WAYDTGKU: All the usual acronyms

R/R: I'm simultaneously feeling like ugh it's only Wednesday and OMG it's Wednesday, I'm driving to Chicago Friday, there's so much to do!

CS/Q:  Thinking of giving acupuncture a try. Has anyone tried it?

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil' Smoothie haha, I like it!
  • Month/Cycle: 6/6 (+3 ntnp), I’m choosing to write it like this now to make myself feel better.

CD:

WAYDTGKU: 
    PNV, charting cm, and OPKs.  Might try temping this month but with the dogs sleeping in our bed I’m not sure it will work

R/R: Rant.
    It’s CD1… and my cramps are bad.  I’m sad we’re still not KU but I didn’t have a good feeling about last cycle anyways.  Once the cramps subside I usually get pretty excited about a fresh new chance to try. Rave. Today is our work Christmas party, and we usually get to go home early. So yay for half day!

CS/Q:  
    I’m considering reaching out to my GYN… I know it hasn’t been a full year yet but I have this nagging feeling like there’s something wrong.  If I request CD3 BW is that being too pushy?  What else can/should I do?

I haven’t eaten breakfast yet so from last night… Lil’cheese curds.

@kristah2 These guys were super helpful for me last month when I started OPKs. I’m loving this community.

@josie12367 I have terrible eating habits too.  It doesn’t help that I suck at cooking so we eat out all the time.  

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @kristah2 Sorry you are home sick, but sounds like you are getting some productive things done. I always love that!
    @kiwi2628 Enjoy your day off!
    @josie12367 I know the feeling, I bought another pack of OPKs last month and it was sorta sad. My pack of cheapie pregnancy tests are expiring this month which also felt like a bummer.
  • @kristah2 Hope you feel better asap!
    @kiwi2628 That is so exciting and so soon!!
    @josie12367 I had to re-order OPKs after last month too - I keep trying to tell myself that perhaps since I ordered so many more this will be the month so they can all go to waste! And sticking to a diet at this time of year is so hard - I have to say having the flu has been a blessing in disguise when it comes to my diet...I didn't eat anything solid for two days and my stomach is still warning me to be gentle so I've been avoiding anything rich/sweet. If only I could maintain this until the holidays were over! (Doubtful)
    @jaylii I totally hear you on the Wednesday thing - 3 more days to complete anything before leaving doesn't seem like a lot of time but I just want Friday to be here!

Month/Cycle: 10/10

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: All the acronyms

R/R: I remembered a few small things I still need to get so not looking forward to trying to navigate public today but thankful to have the week off so at least I can do it during the daytime! We leave Friday after work and I have zero done because I was sick for 3 days and am so behind! Also - I have been a bad bumper the past few days - I never come back later in the day for any tags for ladies that post after me so I apologize. I'm hoping now that I'm up and mostly running again I will have some energy later in the day!

CS/Q:  Nothing yet.

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil' chicken soup.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @LJMoon6 I keep feeling like we're at a very similar point in TTC. I wish we weren't in this spot but it is nice to see that I'm not alone. :smile: I'm also at a point where I'm trying to decide what to do next, if anything. I went in to my OB in Nov because I was experiencing pelvic pain. My dr offered an ultrasound and CD3 bloodwork so I went for it. I don't think it hurts to go talk to your dr and advocate for yourself. I think the next thing I'm going to request is a SA for MH. It's probably good to do, but I'm also terrified we'll get bad results.
  • @kristah2 Yes, I'm a consistently delayed O'er. I was anovulatory, so I'll take delayed any day over that! :) Mainly I don't trust the crosshairs because my cervix is still soft and high, still have ewcm, and my temps post O' are usually above 98, and I'm still hanging out at the mid 97's. FF could be right, and my body is just being a twat, but I'm not convinced yet....Lol. 

@LJMoon6 I would honestly try temping first to make sure your LP is long enough, and to help confirm that you're O'ing. Do you have any health issues (thyroid, diabetes, or hormone issues)? Or are you over 35? There are so many factors that go into deciding when to get help or start testing. You could start with basic stuff like getting cholesterol, glucose, thyroid, and testosterone checked and then go from there. 

@jaylii I know @darkstar42 does acupuncture and likes it....plus several on the IF thread utilize it :) I say if it can lower your stress, then why not?

• @josie12367 From what I'm reading acupuncture can also help with increasing blood flow which can help TTC/implantation. *TMI warning: My periods have also been heavy, but things have become a bit better for me as I've gotten older. Since we started TTC, I'm back to heavy periods with clots. Any OB I've spoken to doesn't think much of this, so I'd like to get an Eastern medicine perspective.
  • @jaylii Ya we are at a similar spot.  We can be TTC buddies!  I did go to my GYN in Sept or Oct (can’t remember 100%) but she was a new doctor.  We just moved to a new town and I am in the process of switching over primary care to her.  We basically just chatted (for 20 min!).  She didn’t seem concerned at all about my health and only told me to get a fertility tracking app.  Didn’t advise me to use OPKs or temping… nothing.  I do have scoliosis and wanted to get a referral for an x-ray before I actually got KU (I was concerned about not being able to get an epidural if my curve had gotten worse).  So I was overall ok with the appointment.  But now looking back on it I wish should would have done more. I also really want MH to get an SA.  I would much rather know if there is a problem then this torturous unknown. Maybe then I could stop stressing.

@josie12367 I’m really trying hard not to be a hypochondriac… No there’s nothing majorly wrong with my health besides my scoliosis and chiari malformation (completely unrelated to fertility).  My mother does have endometriosis and while I don’t have any symptoms I know you can be asymptomatic.  The other thing that makes me concerned is MH low libido.  It might not be anything but it’s still at the back of my mind.

*TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• edited December 2017
    @kristah2 Hooray for your +OPK last night! Hope you are feeling better and enjoying wrapping gifts. 

@kiwi2628 Love The Holiday! Stil haven't watched it this holiday season. Maybe this weekend.

@josie12367 I also went ahead and ordered another pack of OPKs yesterday since I hadn't turned one yet and was down to two left. Here's to hoping we won't need the extras after this cycle ;) 

@jaylii I’m having those same Wednesday feelings today!

@LJMoon6 So sorry for CD1. I hope you get to enjoy some R&R on your half day off! I don’t have any advice re: your question, but will say that I went ahead and scheduled my annual gyn exam with my OB in February, and it makes me feel better knowing I’ll have an opportunity to ask questions during an appointment that is already covered by my insurance if we are not PG by then. Also +1 to temping, it has helped me learn SO much about my body and cycle and feel more in control of the process.

@elothair Glad you are feeling better today! Hopefully, the crowds won’t be too bad during the day.

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD:17

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, Charting, OPKs, HIO

R/R: Positive OPK this morning! Whoop whoop. Better late than never. No rants today.

CS/Q: Nope. 

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil' Nuts  :D

ETA: words

Me: 32   DH: 32
    BFP #1: 1/23/2012  DD: Born 9/20/2012  <3
    BFP #2: 12/30/2017  DS: Due 9/10/2018  <3

• Month/Cycle: 16/15

CD:31

WAYDTGKU: bbt,cm,hio

R/R: Survivor finale tonight!!

CS/Q:  nope

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil muffin
  • Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Letrozole, LH blood work, IUI, Progesterone

R/R: Went in for an ultrasound today and had 4 mature follicles, which was a first. I had to consent that I understood I could have multiples and therefore have a high risk pregnancy. Then I got a shot in the butt and an IUI appointment for tomorrow at 10:30am! Maybe this will be a Christmas miracle after all  

CS/Q:  Nada

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil Tea -- I'm here for it
    Me: 29 |  DW: 30
    Married: May 2013
    TTC #1 Since: June 2013
    IUI 1-6: BFN
    IUI 7: TWW
  • @kiwi2628 Thanks for your thoughts on OB vs. RE. From my experience with the OB so far I agree with you that they aren't fertility experts. I checked my insurance a couple of weeks ago and found out I no (zero, zilch, nada) infertility diagnostics and treatment coverage. I've been hesitant to go to an RE at this point because we will be paying in full, out of pocket.   
  • @kiwi2628 Thanks so much for the advice.  I know I’m just getting impatient.  My insurance covers some diagnostic testing but no treatment. Not sure about the 12 month wait though.  But my OB does not seem like she knows much about infertility so I guess I’ll hold off and maybe just go in for an annual exam this month. Talk to her then in person.

@southernlady07 Thanks for the advice!  I think that’s what I’ll do this month too.  I’m due for a pap anyways.  I could just talk to her about my concerns then. I will definitely try temping this cycle.

*TW* TTC history

• Month/Cycle: 7/7 (1 benched)

CD: 16

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: I will not rant, I will not rant. Ugh....my sister is driving me crazy! But, I have a cool rapper name. 

CS/Q:  I am fairly confident that O will be confirmed for yesterday, just waiting for the next two days of temps. 

GTKY: 'lil samosa
  • @kristah2 FX you get better soon. Good job on getting your wrapping done. 

@kiwi2628 Enjoy your day off. 

@josie12367 I am with you girl. I had to order a new box last cycle and it was pretty rough. *hugs* Sweet rapper name though! 

@jaylii Hope you have an uneventful drive. 

@LJMoon6 sorry for CD1. 

@elothair Take care of yourself! Glad to hear you are feeling better. 

@southernlady07 Yay for pos OPK. Get it girl!!

@luckypandas Ooohhhh amazing news! FX for your IUI tomorrow. So much luck and positive vibes your way.

• @jaylii I know its hard (trust be! BTDT!), but just remember, if you do some testing with your OB and then your RE makes you re-do it, is it actually cheaper?
  • @southernlady07 Woohoo for a positive OPK!! Also - thats the best rap name ever!
    @nitnat007 Isn't family the best? Holidays always bring out the best in families.

Pregnancy Ticker

• @josie12367 sound like a great breakfast to me lol
    @jaylii  what are you doing in Chicago? I went a few weeks ago and went to the christkindlmarket wnd it was so neat! Highly recommend 
    @LJMoon6  sorry for CD 1
    @southernlady07  yay for + OPK!
    @luckypandas  FX for a Christmas miracle! 

Month/Cycle: 4/5

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: HIO, PNV, Charting, OPKs

R/R: no rants today, it’s the first day of my holiday break!! Yay for no work and wearing leggings all day :)

CS/Q:  I think I’m about 2 days away from O and it’s my first month charting, I’m assuming it varies from person to person but how high of a temp spike should I look for ? I’ll check out the chart stalk thread too but figured I’d ask here

GTKY: Your rap name is the last thing you ate with 'lil' in front of it. What is your rap name? Lil salad? Lol
  • @nmbrcrnchr1 I usually get about .5 a degree shift but FF says "The rise in temperature is usually about 0.4 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.2 degrees Celsius, but the rise may be as slight as 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit or 0.1 degrees Celsius or even less in some cases"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @nmbrcrnchr1 My temp spike is usually a slow rise. So I'll have one day around 97.9ish and then it'll jump again from there. Usually around 98.2 or .3. FF typical counts the day before the 97.9 temp O. So don't be surprised if you have a slow rise, and it doesn't jump all the way immediately. 

• @southernlady07 I hope we don't need anymore after this cycle too! Yea for getting a positive opk! Go get some good timing! 

@nitnat007 LOVE the rapper name! FX for those crosshairs for you. How is your DH's back? Didn't he take a tumble the other day?

@luckypandas I had been wondering how you were doing! Yea! Glad you saw all those follies! FX that one of them has your future LO in them :) Good luck at your IUI tomorrow!

@elothair So glad that you're feeling better, and can get yourself caught up. I think I ordered everything online this year cause I didn't want to go out...Lol. Here's to hoping that our orders of opks are our last!

@LJMoon6 Hmm...It's a tough call. Maybe since your DH's libido is the concern that's really getting at you, you can try to get him in for blood work? Or even just an evaluation? It's a touchy subject so I guess it depends on how he feels about the whole thing...Good luck with your decision!

• @josie12367 He did take a tumble, twice! He still is a little uncomfortable once in a while, but he is doing ok. Thanks for asking.