June 2018 Moms

FTM Check In 12/20

Amphibious22Amphibious22 member
edited December 2017 in June 2018 Moms
I noticed this hasn't been started in a few weeks. I'm not on here all the time, so maybe I missed a memo about not wanting to do check ins anymore? If that's the case, sorry for starting this..

But how have things been going? Any questions, comments, concerns? 
Me 30 Him 30
Married
 August 2015
DS born 5/23/2018
TTC #2 July 2020

Re: FTM Check In 12/20

• I really miss these smaller weekly check ins. Because I can't log on everyday, the weekly threads (randoms, questions, symptoms) are always too intimidating. There's usually like 100+ posts by the time I see it, so it takes forever to catch up, and then I feel weird posting that late into the conversation. 

Anyways, things are going pretty good here. 16 weeks tomorrow and finally less than 2 weeks until my next appointment (Jan. 2nd). I'm really looking forward to it because we'll find out the gender, but also I just really need to see that baby! Because I don't feel like I'm showing much (I'm overweight so posting cute HDBD pics isn't something I really get to do until way later) and I don't have many symptoms, I can't help but be a little worried about what's going on in there. Anyone else have similar feels?
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• I noticed too that no one has been starting these. Glad you did! 

Things have been going mostly good. Just trying to get over this cold and enjoy our time in ca without murdering my mother. She means so well but she drives me nuts. She asked me the other night why I’m allowed to have salad dressing with apple cider vinegar but not wine. “Is it because apples are better during pregnancy than grapes??” No mom. It’s the facking alcohol you loon. She wants me to take all these crazy herbal concoctions for my cold. I tell her I shouldn’t because I’m pregnant. I go to the doctor at her insistence (I’m barely sick, y’all), and the doctor says don’t take random herbal concoctions (duh). My mom’s response? “Oh well that’s good information to have!” Uh ok. Cool story. 

Anyway, nothing new to report pregnancy wise other than I’m still feeling flutters of movement, but DH still can’t feel it, and it’s driving him nuts. Lol
  • Loading the player...
  • @doxiemoxie212 that sounds exactly like a conversation I would have with my mom! Sometimes talking to her makes me want to beat my head against a wall.
    Also, what do your flutters of movement feel like? I don't think I've felt anything, but I really don't even know what I should be looking for. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 Before I checked your EDD, I realized we're a day apart :) My OB appt is the 29th though ... when is your anatomy scan?
    I definitely feel you. Morning sickness stopped but nausea still there, so I still often take the meds. I think because it's in that weird phase of "I can't feel anything still" {hoping of Christmas flutters!} that it makes me paranoid lol

@doxiemoxie212 Good lord your mother .... although depending the concoction, it might be okay. Like vicks in hot water is considered herbal but works. How much longer are you around your mother?
  • Not much new for me. When my MIL asked what I wanted for xmas, I said pregnancy pillow .... I think my pillow is getting to the point where it's not the greatest anymore :(

Thought I was feeling flutters today, and ended up just being hunger pangs lol! Also couldn't sleep last night, but kept telling myself "if you don't sleep, you'll get hungry and need a snack. You've brushed your teeth. You can't eat again" {didn't work. I lay in bed for 2hrs, then passed out}

Still hoping for Christmas flutters since I'll be 16 weeks on Friday. Also have my first prenatal massage as my lower back and sciatic nerve have been not very fun. Also shoulder pain, which could be from being sick and unable to breath when I sleep ... but still
  • @amphibious22 I have similar feels.  I'm not really showing much and I don't have much in the way of symptoms now.  I expected to show quickly because I'm naturally very thin, and I did at first, but now it doesn't seem like it's growing the way everyone else's is in the HDBD thread.

@doxiemoxie212 I'm so jealous you can feel movement!  I haven't felt anything yet.  Sometimes I think I feel a flutter but then it keeps moving on and I'm like oh, that's not the baby lol.  And your mom sounds hilarious.  My mom was a "free spirit" and spent her formative years in SF and I can see hints of that in her, but not quite to the extent of your mom haha.

I had a regular monthly appointment yesterday and got to hear the heartbeat <3  It's always so reassuring.  But then my doctor reminded me that I'm higher risk for neural tube defects because of the anti-seizure medication I'm taking and I'm like, yeah, I know, thanks for the reminder.  My anatomy scan is Jan 11, so I'll know then.  It used to seem so far away, and now it's right around the corner somehow.

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MissKittyDanger my appointments got a little wonky because my OB is switching practices. I should've had my 16 week appt this week, but we decided to wait until she moves to her new practice after the new year. Since I'll be 18 weeks at that point, she said I can just do my anatomy scan then. Apparently the anatomy scan can technically be done anytime between 18-22 weeks, but 20 is the standard. 
    And I definitely struggle with the hunger pangs/not being able to sleep well through the night. If you get a pregnancy pillow, you'll have to let me know if it's worth it. I've been really struggling to get comfortable in bed, mostly because my boobs hurt too much to sleep on my stomach, I can't sleep on my back, and I hate sleeping on my side. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 so for me, it feels sort of like someone is popping popcorn gently inside my lower stomach. Or if you ever get small, micro muscle twitches? Sort of like an eye twitch? Also, sometimes she will get into a position where a small part of my lower abdomen sticks out really weird. Like maybe she's turning and poking her butt out? IDK, she's still really small, so I have no idea how that could be the case, but I literally can see it from the outside. Full disclosure, I have a posterior placenta and minimal belly fat (and virtually none 2 inches below my belly button - pubic bone, which is the space my uterus is in now) so all of that makes it easier for me to feel. But it really is very soft... like, it doesn't feel like a kick yet. It feels like a very small person is gently poking me lol. I feel it more if I have something pressing on my stomach - so if I'm laying on my stomach, or leaning on a counter. 

@MissKittyDanger we're here until Jan 3, which I'm happy about because I love being in CA, and most of the time it's nice being with my mother, but I'm an only child, and she is very............... she needs a lot of guidance. She wants to do everything my way which means I have to provide instruction for every single thing we do. It is exhausting. And then she doesn't remember what we talk about. Or she doesn't believe me. But she won't admit she doesn't believe me! Etc. I shouldn't complain as much as I do - I know many people have truly terrible parents. But sometimes I just wish she was an autonomous human being who could be my equal in interactions instead of acting like I'm her boss all the time. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 that's good to know. I don't think I've felt anything like that yet, but hopefully soon!! I don't know the orientation of my placenta and I do have belly fat, so it'll probably still be a few weeks until I feel anything, but at least now I have some idea of what to be looking out for. 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 I'm glad you started it! For me, I feel like I start a lot of threads sometimes so I try to hold off to see if someone else starts one because I don't want to be that kid in class that always raises my hand first (I actually was that kid as a child).

@doxiemoxie212 GL with your mom! How would apple cider vinegar = wine in any sense? Hope your cold goes away soon! Mine is on the tail end I think. Today is the first day I feel kind of like a human again. 

Things are good here. I might be starting to show but if someone didn't know I was pregnant they still wouldn't be able to tell. I need to get back into reading my books. I'm 14+3 and I'm still in the first trimester section of Expecting Better and What To Expect and I want to move on to reading baby books so that I feel more prepared about the actual baby and not just being pregnant. I just need to make it through the holidays. 
    *TW LC*
    Me & MH: 32
    DS: 6/1/18 (Pre-E; IUGR; seizures; NICU)
    TTC #2: 12/2019
    Sept 2020: HSG possible blocked right tube
    Nov 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFN
    Dec 2020: Letrozole + TI - BFP!!! EDD 9/18

• @Amphibious22 I will 100% let you know. My coworker suggested one from Toys R Us, so if MIL doesn't buy it I have a gift card. I'm cool with lying on my side but my body physically gets bored lmfao!
    Funny story - one night last week I couldn't sleep because of my sinus cold, so I go to blow my nose. I had to have a snack, but of course only thing I could find that was small and easy to snack, was my husband last Joe Louis lol .... next morning he sees empty box and looks at me, asking what happened. I shrug and explain I got hungry while blowing my nose :')

@doxiemoxie212 I'm an only child, so I feel you on the over protectiveness but luckily for me my mum is pretty knowledgeable for the most part {unless it's safety things that have changed recently - I'm 30 and she only knows so much about things}
    Tbh your mother sounds like my grandmother. Well meaning but naive. :\
  • @MissKittyDanger my mother probably is the same age as your grandmother. She had me at 40, so she's turning 70 in 2018. lol

@krashke oh, they're both fermented.  :D:|
  • @krashke I didn't buy any pregnancy books, only baby books. I figured I could find answers to pregnancy questions online or from my dr. But I do need to start reading too! I bought a few and they're still sitting unopened on my nightstand. And I was definitely that kid in class too, so don't feel bad! 
    Me 30 Him 30
    Married
     August 2015
    DS born 5/23/2018
    TTC #2 July 2020

• @Amphibious22 thanks for starting! Me too for being overweight and no sign of an actual buno besides my previous bump just expanding haha we will get there!

@doxiemoxie212 "Its the alcohol you faccccking loon" Lol, literally. I feel like I would very much enjoy a sitcom starring you and your mom. I hope you are starting to feel better. 

@krashke we need people like you who always raise their hand. I was the opposite kid. Always had something to say, maybe knew the answer, but NEVER raised my hand. 
  • @Amphibious22 thanks for starting it - I feel the same way.  Especially when threads like the randoms don't get restarted and are 100+ posts long with 5+ convos going on at the same time  :s It feels intrusive to intervene.

@doxiemoxie212 I don't know why but your description of "someone popping popcorn" sounds so cute and has made me more excited to feel this little bean.  I think it's going to be a few more weeks though.

+1 on the needing to read baby books - I only have pregnancy ones but I have no clue really what to do after the baby gets here.  I want to start looking at classes but I haven't figured out which ones to look at, and still contemplating on a doula.

Otherwise things are good.  Still no terrible symptoms really besides headaches here and there and the constant urge to pee.  I caved in to a piece of sushi last night that DH ordered in and it was heaven.  The vegetable and california rolls just weren't cutting it for me.  Sorry (not sorry).

• @becca_123 I strongly reco Bringing Up Bebe - even if the parenting style isn't what you ultimately think will work for your family, it's such an interesting read. It honestly reads more like an anthropological look at French culture from an outsider (NYer) perspective. 
  • Update: DH was finally able to feel the popcorn pops in my abdomen so his crazy has calmed down considerably in that he is no longer saying things like, "But I should get to do XYZ thing you don't want me to do because you get to feel the baby every day and I don't!" but now he wants to have his hands on my stomach 24/7 so... win some, lose some.