January 2018 Moms

Wednesday Ticker Change 12/20

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

BabyFruit Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change 12/20

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 37 weeks! Woo! Honeydew 

2) How are you feeling? I'm sore, my hips hurt, and I'm constantly exhausted. But I'm so ready for this baby to come out that I don't even care anymore. 

3) Any appointments this week/last? Just had my 37 week appointment this morning. BP is good, baby's heart rate is good, and she's measuring between 37 and 38. GBS negative! I'm still only 1 cm dilated and about 40% effaced. She said that baby is definitely dropping and she wants me to up my walking and start doing some squats to try to encourage her to go lower. I'm trying to not have a 41 weeker this time. 

4) How are baby preparations going? Good, I've done a bunch of little things, like wash all the clothes, the cosleeper is in my room and ready to go, my bag is packed, and the car seat is ready to be installed after we get back from all the Christmas activities. The nursery is a complete disaster still, but I'm over caring about it because she won't be using it for a while anyway. 

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home? The only person welcome in the delivery room is DH. Grandparents are welcome to stop by the hospital when invited as long as they are healthy. I'm pretty open to visitors at home as long as they don't think they're going to be staying with us (with the exception of my parents). 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 Weeks, size of a cake?

2) How are you feeling? I was feeling great, but as of last Thursday, its been something new every day. Body aches, fatigue, low back ache, migraines, hot flash episodes, contractions, throbbing boobs, constipation...I never have them all at the same time. They each take a turn. OB says this is end of the 3rd trimester normalcy- that I didn't have with DS.

3) Any appointments this week/last? I had an appointment yesterday. Sadly, not much changed with my cervix. I am 1 cm dilated and still 50% effaced. OB did confirm my suspicions that baby dropped along with my fundal height. I'm really having my doubts about a December baby, now. OB did reassure me that they only induce roughly 10% of their patients so the goal is to go into labor on my own before 41 weeks (Jan 10th). Still drinking the red raspberry leaf tea and eating dates. Possibly should incorporate some sex soon even though that sounds miserable-sorry DH.

4) How are baby preparations going? We're basically done. I need to wash her take-home outfit/pack it. Also, we have plans to finish DS's new room. Just have to hang stuff in there on Friday. If we don't do it now, who knows when we will find the time!

DD can come any time really though. We are ready enough. Nursery done, baby gear wiped down and set-up, bags packed. Postpartum drawer is locked and loaded haha.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone experiencing reflux from the red raspberry leaf tea? I'm fine until I start in on that. I can eat or drink anything else with no issues.

Really excited for Christmas. DS is going to enjoy it so much this year.

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

DH and my doula will be attending the labor and delivery. We haven't set any rules because last time was so laid back! No one could come to see us in the hospital, except a very close family friend. My parents were on a work trip and DH's mom was stuck working. My parents met us at home once we left the hospital and DH's mom came a few days later. This time my parents will have DS and so ultimately I assume they will come to the hospital for DS to meet his sister. I hope to have my parents around quite a bit at first or at least have them take DS for awhile on some day trips, activities, etc.  They are super helpful and not annoying.The rest of my family is far away (like middle of the country/opposite coast) and won't come.

DH's family is tough to anticipate. They are pretty bad with boundaries for all other 'kids' in the family, except for us. We live just far enough away (2 hours), that they won't be rushing up here to bombard us. Anything over 1.5 hours is 'too far' for them. DH's mom will come when she can, but she's not too bad. It's the aunt's that can be too much. When my SIL delivered her son, an aunt took a photo fresh out of the womb and posted his birth announcement on Facebook before my SIL was even cleaned up. That will NOT be happening to us.

• Loading the player...
  • @jakobaby yes to the red raspberry leaf tea and reflux! I hope your symptoms ease up soon. I saw your HDBD photo and baby looks so low now! Hopefully she comes soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? I am 38 weeks and HE is the size of a Pomeranian (awwww)

2) How are you feeling? Honestly, I have this horrendous cold with really DEEP coughs that is causing me a lot of agony… BUT on a positive side, it distracts me from the normal 38 week/late third trimester misery… so I feel pretty terrible but it is triggered by this cold/infection/whatever it is.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week I was GBS negative and almost 2 cm dilated and 60% effaced (had been 0% effaced the week prior). I go again tomorrow afternoon and don’t expect much to be different… NEXT week I MAY ask for a sweep.

4) How are baby preparations going? Really well. There are always little things I could do, but we are ready. Also today is my last day in the office (I have something I need to do tomorrow but from home), so I’ll be around the house and can do small little things. I’d like to re-familiarize myself with my old pump and play around with my new one… but I won’t pump ASAP regardless and have time!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant is this cold. It has really floored me. I wake up in so much pain around 2 AM each night and just cry. Rave: I am hoping/assuming this is the worst of the cold and that it should be better or at least not as awful by Xmas Eve and Xmas… so I think that is good! Also agree with @jakobaby – Excited for Xmas because DD should enjoy it a lot!

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home? DH and my mom will be with me the whole time. I also told my BFF she is welcome in the room (she’s not likely to have kids and has never seen a birth and is my children’s god mother), but I don’t expect her to come. My dad and FIL and DD will be roaming around as well but not in the room when I actually deliver. I don’t have any rules on visitors other than telling my brothers to GTFO when I breast feed (they run away anyway lol).

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 38 weeks, gallon of ice cream

2) How are you feeling? My main symptoms are carpal tunnel (which can go f itself, I’m over it dude), constipation which Natural Calm has pretty well under control (bonus that I’m pretty sure it’s also helping w muscle cramps bc those are gone now), and swelling mainly in my ankles and a little in my hands. I’m over wearing compression socks every day, they aren’t comfortable and they take like 10 minutes to put on, and if I’m even the tiniest bit swollen before I wear them they seem to do nothing, so I’ve given up. BUT my back and hips don’t hurt, I’m still sleeping pretty well and I know it could all be wwaaayyy worse so I’m feeling pretty good for 38 weeks into this growing a person thing.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Had my 38 week appointment yesterday. Everything looks good, I’m nowhere close to going into labor which is a bummer bc it puts the half assed induction plan into potential cancellation status, but whatever it’ll happen at some point. She did say my cervix is getting softer, but it’s still super high. So I’m just over here bouncing on my exercise ball, drinking my rrlt, eating some dates and doing lots of deep squats lol, I did tell DH we were going to start having sex this week and got the deer in headlights look that makes every woman feel *so* sexy . Hopefully next week things will have changed and my body will just be like “yes! Have the baby now” but again, if not then it’s cool and he’ll come someday (she says trying to silence the type A list making side of her personality that really enjoys plans and knowing when and how things will happen)

4) How are baby preparations going? Good! I think other than freezer meals and cleaning the house we’re about as ready as we’re going to be? Is anyone ever really ready for their first one? There are soooo many unknowns!

I know DH will be in there, and I also told our moms if they want to be in there that’s great too. My mom really doesn’t get a choice (she’s very good at calming me down and I think she will be good at calming me if I freak out in there), but my MIL could opt out if she wanted to lol. My SIL has fertility issues as well, so this may be the only grandkid MIL gets to be there for (we have another embryo on ice, but there’s no guarantee that FET will work). I want her to have the option to be there, although I’ve told both of them I reserve the right to kick everyone out at the last minute and not to be offended, since I have no idea how I’ll feel or react to any of it. Both moms are *very* easy going and have said it’s whatever DH and I want and they will go with the flow. We’ll have immediate family and close friends at the hospital if they want to come up, and at home are just going to play it by ear.  

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @JuliaGoolia719 My god you sound JUST like me symptom/cervix wise in my first pregnancy. That carpel tunnel... UGH... and constipation... but I remember always saying, "Well, it's bad but my backs and hips don't hurt at all!" I also had swelling in my hands around this time... and I was a little early ;) 
    *TW*

• Agh! @maueraa07 so glad I’m not alone in that thought. I love the tea, but not sure the pain is worth it.

@emilylove25 what keeps you on the fence about a sweep, just curious? I don’t think I’ll go for it unless this cervix changes next time or the time after that.

@juliagoolia719 I am so the type A planner type too, trying to chill and remember I won’t be pregnant forever. But yes, the planner in me is trying to predict a birthdate and I have got to stop! Also, have you tried baby powder when putting on those compression socks? It helps them to glide on. What we used for patients when I worked in the hospital anyway!

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

37 weeks- honeydew melon

2) How are you feeling?

menstrual-like cramping and some spotting when I wipe but I don’t think it’s my mucus plug since it’s just pink spotting. Trying to not get my hopes up labor is gonna happen soon but also don’t want to go 41 weeks like last time

3) Any appointments this week/last?

had one on Monday, no signs of dilation at that point but baby is lower. My OB expects me to be 1-2cm next week so we’ll see. Also GBS+ again so that’s awesome... ugh

4) How are baby preparations going?

DH needs to pack a bag for himself but otherwise we’re good to go! I need to stock up on groceries this weekend too

Googling all the early labor signs. I should probably stop doing that...

just DH! Debating on even telling family when I’m in labor besides MIL since she’ll be watching our toddler. Last time I was induced and it was a lonnnng process- basically had a ton of family members hanging out at the hospital all day Tuesday and he wasn’t born until Wed at 12:39am and induction started Mon night. And our phones were getting blown up from family wanting updates on progress and thinking I had already delivered and we were keeping DS from them (eyeroll). My husband kept trying to tell them to leave for a few hrs and come back but everyone insisted on staying. It was really annoying

• @EmilyLove25 I really hope I go a bit early, end of year monetary benefits notwithstanding DH has until the 16th of Jan off between jobs so I’d love it if he had that full time to be home and bond with baby/help me recover etc. my 42 week mark would be the day he goes back to work and he wouldn’t be able to stay home at all which he’s said would bum him out. 
    I just keep reminding myself I could feel soooo much worse lol, as I type this with numb hands....
    @jakobaby ditto on you being super low! I just feel more grounded with a plan, I know I’m going to have to work on that in general with regard to parenting and keep telling myself that the terrorist is just helping me out lol.  I haven’t tried baby powder, I can get them on ok, I’ve just decided the benefits have stopped outweighing the effort lol. I’ve become lazy this week. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• @jakobaby I'm only on the fence because of a general tendency to not commit to anything, haha! Once I get through Xmas though, I think I'll be game if the doctor thinks it's a good idea! Also if I don't do it at 39 weeks, I have a feeling I'll FOR SURE do it at 40 (if I make it). 
    *TW*