February 2018 Moms

35 and over Moms- December

2»

Re: 35 and over Moms- December

• I’ve been MIA for a while. I woke up Wednesday sick as a dog. Thought I got over it that afternoon but woke up again Thursday even sicker. DH found me laying on the bathroom floor because I was too weak to get up. Headed to the ER and they sent me to L&D because I’m so far along. Spent a good six hours there getting fluids and monitoring the baby. BP was high so they started monitoring for pre-e. They discharged me but I had to do a 24 hr urine catch. Went back to L&D on Friday to return my sample and spent another few hours being monitored again.  BP was low/normal so that was good. Haven’t heard back about he rest of the tests yet but I’m hoping no news is good news. Follow up with OB tomorrow.  
  • I’ve been MIA for a while. I woke up Wednesday sick as a dog. Thought I got over it that afternoon but woke up again Thursday even sicker. DH found me laying on the bathroom floor because I was too weak to get up. Headed to the ER and they sent me to L&D because I’m so far along. Spent a good six hours there getting fluids and monitoring the baby. BP was high so they started monitoring for pre-e. They discharged me but I had to do a 24 hr urine catch. Went back to L&D on Friday to return my sample and spent another few hours being monitored again.  BP was low/normal so that was good. Haven’t heard back about he rest of the tests yet but I’m hoping no news is good news. Follow up with OB tomorrow.  
    Fingers crossed for good news. Keep us posted. 
  • Loading the player...
    Good luck!!
  • @kacerplus3 I'm glad you're back home, but I'm sorry you went through all of that.  It must have been terrifying!  Keep us posted after your follow-up tomorrow!  Sending hugs :)
  • How scary @karcerplus3!  Glad you are home and BP is down. Keep us posted on what you hear!
  • @karcerplus3 My goodness, you've been through the ringer.  I'm glad you're home and feeling better.  Fingers crossed for a good follow up visit!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 31 week checkup & ultrasound yesterday.  Fluid levels were really good so we got some amazing 4-D images of the baby's face.  It's so amazing to see what our kiddo is going to look like!  Had a pretty strong BH contraction while the doctor was in with me.  So far I'm only getting them on the right side of my belly & in an area that's a little bigger than a softball so I wasn't sure if they really were contractions or just the baby stretching.  I was glad it happened w/ her there b/c now I know exactly what's going on.  She decided to start me on weekly visits next week and do my first round of non-stress tests too.  After I got home I had a lot of BH contractions through the evening.  Chugged some water and went to bed early; so far this morning I've only had a couple.  Anyone else get the urge to pee when they happen?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @fatted_calf that sounds like a really good dr visit. Yay!
  • @fatted_calf - that's so cool you could see the baby in 4D! How exciting!
  • @fatted_calf that's awesome!  We had an u/s on Monday and it was the first time the baby wasn't super cooperative for an ultrasound.  His feet were over his head and the cord was in front of his face.  I'm hoping that next month he is more cooperative and we get better pic.  The 4D was so cool.  I can already tell he has DH's cheeks :)
  • How awesome that you got a 4D @fatted_calf!!  

Our LO has been pretty uncooperative at every US @babybro218 except for his practice breathing.  He's a champ at that.  He is obsessed with his foot and it's always in his face lol.  He frequently does the opposite of what they need him to.  At the one last week he blocked my cervix so I had to get a vaginal US so she could check it.
  • I've had a lot of ultrasounds and maybe 3 good pictures of her face, she will let them get the measurements but is stubborn about showing her face, even the 4D you can't see her clearly. 
  • mooses77 said:
    I've had a lot of ultrasounds and maybe 3 good pictures of her face, she will let them get the measurements but is stubborn about showing her face, even the 4D you can't see her clearly. 
     The one 4d i had, baby had his hand on one side of his face and cord on the other,  so we got to see his nose and lips :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • Appointment went well yesterday. My test results were normal so no immediate threat of pre-e. As of the first week of January I will have to go in for weekly biophysical but otherwise the OB said I’m doing good now and baby is just fine. 
  • @karcerplus3 That's great news!  I'm sure you must be so relieved!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • re: the 4D ultrasound pics... I also got a hilarious one of the baby's arm in front of the face, fist in position like we were about to get the middle finger.  Never materialized but I laughed anyway.  That pic is going in the baby book for sure.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How's everyone feeling?

I had my 32 week checkup and first round of NST yesterday.  Everything looked good, now it's rinse and repeat weekly until the baby gets here.  I managed to gain 4 lbs in the last week (!!!) so it was back to walking waddling this morning after a week-long hiatus.  3.5 miles later and my hips are screaming but I refuse to give up this close to the end!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How's everyone feeling?

I had my 32 week checkup and first round of NST yesterday.  Everything looked good, now it's rinse and repeat weekly until the baby gets here.  I managed to gain 4 lbs in the last week (!!!) so it was back to walking waddling this morning after a week-long hiatus.  3.5 miles later and my hips are screaming but I refuse to give up this close to the end!
    Way to stay motivated! You're doing great!
  • @fatted_calf High five for getting that long walk in. I can hardly make half a mile at half the pace I walked before pregnancy before RLP makes me want to cry. And hooray for everything looking good! It's kind of a relief and fun to see/get feedback about baby so regularly (I get biophysicals 2x a week). 
  • 3.5 miles is impressive @fatted_calf!!  That's awesome!  I've been slacking on my walks lately bc it is cold and rainy.

Im doing biophysicals twice a week too @clc515.  Reassuring to see him so often.
  • I can barely walk to the bathroom and back.  There is no way I'd get 3.5 miles!  Very impressive.

My mom remind me that she and my dad are going on a cruise from 1/14 -1/21.  They is the ones taking care of the boys while I'm in the hospital.  My backups are my sister and her MIL but they are going on the cruise as well.  My MIL lives too far away to be of any help.  My RCS is 1/31 but now I'm so afraid that something is going to happen and I'm going to have this baby while they are away.  I've got neighbors that I can probably have pick up the boys from school but I need to find someone who can stay overnight and it's really starting to stress me out.  I need to call in all sorts of favors to my friends to see if anyone can stay the night if needed.  I'm positive that if I get something figured out it won't even be an issue. 

• I'd be a liar if I said the motivation was all me.  My dad is a big help, picking me up at 6:30 a couple of mornings a week so we can walk together.  He keeps me honest and moving.

@karcerplus3 Sounds like a stressful situation.  I hope you get some backups lined up soon so you don't have to worry.  It'll work out somehow!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @karcerplus3 that sounds really stressful! Did they know your due date when they planned the trip? Or did you know about the trip when you asked them? If ask some friends asap so you aren't stressed about it!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    older siblings: ds 16 dd 14 ds 13 dd 11 dd 7 
  • @chucksmom15 Does your place print you pics at most biophysicals? My place does, and surprised me this past week cuz turns out they do 3d too. So now i have a boatload of pics of the little squsihy guy! Its really helping me bond because I can actually see him vs an outline :)

@karcerplus3 Thats so stressful! Hope you have an easy time getting back ups on call!
  • clc515 said:
    @chucksmom15 Does your place print you pics at most biophysicals? My place does, and surprised me this past week cuz turns out they do 3d too. So now i have a boatload of pics of the little squsihy guy! Its really helping me bond because I can actually see him vs an outline :)

Most of the time we get prints and a CD but he hasn't been very cooperative with face shots lately lol.  We have some regular and some 3D.