August 2018 Moms

GTKY: Movies

Tell us what you like!

Favorite all time Movie:

Favorite movie series:

Favorite movie musical:

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)?

What is the last movie you saw?

What is your favorite movie snack or candy?
*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: GTKY: Movies

• Favorite all time Movie: Gone With The Wind

Favorite movie series: Star Wars

Favorite movie musical: White Christmas 

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? The Little Mermaid

What is the last movie you saw? Star Wars: The Last Jedi

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Giant baked pretzels. Also a big pregnancy craving!
    *Siggy Warning*

• Favorite all time Movie: too difficult a question! I love all the movies I binge watched as a kid. Maybe Hocus Pocus? I also love Amelie. Life is Beautiful, too. 

Favorite movie series: Harry Potter I guess. 

Favorite movie musical: Chicago

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? The Little Mermaid (snap @lalala2004)  

What is the last movie you saw? Wind River 

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? I love gummy candy, all types but not sour ones!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • edited December 2017
    Favorite all time Movie: Disney’s the Sword in the Stone. I have worn out countless vhses and several dvds.

Favorite movie series: Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit. Something about bearded men singing occasionally and fighting everything. Mmmmm

Favorite movie musical: Oklahoma

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? The Lion King

What is the last movie you saw? In Theaters The Emoji Movie (cheap theater) yesterday we bought and watched Despicable Me 3.

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? During the movie, popcorn with a huge Dr. Pepper. After the movie, day old popcorn.

ETA: spacing. Mobile can kiss my ass.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• I’ll play!
    Movie: too hard to pick, but I will watch The Proposal every time it’s on TV until the end of time.
    Movie series: LOTR
    Movie musical: may be UO, but I loved LaLa Land
    First Movie in theater: do not remember
    Last Movie: The Last Jedi
    Movie snack: mini chewy sweet tarts or mini starbursts

Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Love this GTKY!

Favorite all time Movie: Probably The Little Mermaid - I'm a pain to watch it with though because I sing along to all the songs.

Favorite movie series: Harry Potter

Favorite movie musical: White Christmas - we watch it every year and I always look forward to it

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? All Dogs go to Heaven

What is the last movie you saw? In theaters - Sully (I haven't been to the movies in forever!)

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Popcorn!
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ecwk I imagine we’re close to the same age, then? I was three :tongue:

@mrsbubbles-2 you know they’re doing a live action version of The Little Mermaid with new songs by Lin Manuel Miranda? I’m sold on that, and I’m not big on all these live action version. Also, have you seen the stage musical? It’s fantastic, and I actually think it improves on the movie (which I do still love!)
    *Siggy Warning*

• @lalala2004 - OMG they had the production of The Little Mermaid at our Muny last summer and it was pure magic! The show was so well put together, I could watch it again and again!

And I didn't know about the live action version!!! That's awesome!!! Off to google...
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @lalala2004 I was three too!! 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Tell us what you like!

Favorite all time Movie: Hmmm....so many! I'll say Before Sunrise with Ethan Hawk. 

Favorite movie series: Ocean's 11. 

Favorite movie musical: Definitely Chicago

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? Honestly can't remember :( 

What is the last movie you saw? Ugh...we go so rarely to the movies now. But we are seeing either Lady Bird or Star Wars on Friday (depending on who gets their way on date night--me or DH.)

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Movie popcorn all the way! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Favorite all time Movie:
    A League of Their Own

Favorite movie series:
    I don't really have one. Maybe Star Wars if you only count the original trilogy. Maybe Harry Potter.

Favorite movie musical:
    The Sound of Music and The Music Man. Les Miserables was really good too, but more of an opera than a musical.

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)?
    The Little Mermaid. A friend's mom took us when it came out, but my family didn't really go to the movies, so I think the second movie I saw in theaters was "Mouse Hunt" on a date as a preteen.

What is the last movie you saw?
    Home Alone with my niece.

What is your favorite movie snack or candy?
    I like sour candy, and salty snacks. Not real big on sweets.
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Favorite all time Movie: Spirited away (Hayao Miyazaki)  I saw it as a child and it completely melted my heart and mind. It makes me happy and nostalgic like no other movie.

Favorite movie series: Harry Potter for sure, closely followed by Planet Earth 

Favorite movie musical: Not a fan of movie musicals at all

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? Lion king when I was 5 was the first movie I ever remember seeing in theatres. Titanic when I was 11 was also memorable. #leonardoforlife

What is the last movie you saw? Blade Runner, loved it, sci fi geek here

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Hubby and I always get the jolly rancher gummies 
  • Favorite all time Movie: Clue

Favorite movie series: the Hunger Games 

Favorite movie musical: RHPS!!

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)?  ET and it scarred me for life. I hate that movie and ET scares the **** out of me

What is the last movie you saw? Inside Out

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Popcorn. With all the butter!!

• Favorite all time Movie: There are seriously so many to choose from
    but from my top ten list, I'd pick Forrest Gump, The Wizard of Oz, and Goodfellas. 

Favorite movie series: I'm a huge horror movie fan so overall, I'd say my favorite is Halloween, a few doozies aside.

Favorite movie musical: Hello Dolly

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? From memory, Jurassic Park.  

What is the last movie you saw? I just saw Murder on the Orient Express this past weekend.

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Give me alllll the chocolate.  Sometimes I'll dump Reese's pieces into my popcorn.  

• Favorite all time Movie: I don’t know, I don’t think I could ever pick just one. 

Favorite movie series: LOTR!

Favorite movie musical: Non-animated, I’d have to say Chicago. Beauty and the Beast is my all-time fave animated musical. 

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? I think Jurassic Park

What is the last movie you saw? Bad Moms Christmas 

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Sno-caps melted in popcorn! 
  • @ecwk BLASPHEMY the sour watermelon gummies are amazing!
    @mrsbubbles-2 The MUNY does such good shows. This fall my DSD was in the musical Little Mermaid at her HS. My favorite Disney movies and now one of my favorite musicals!

Tell us what you like!

Favorite all time Movie: Dirty Dancing (FFTC maybe)

Favorite movie series: Toy Story or LOTR

Favorite movie musical: Phantom Of The Opera

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? No clue, we didn't go to a lot of movies out when I was younger. The first one I can remember is Batman(The one with Poison Ivy)

What is the last movie you saw? The LAST Jedi

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? I always get popcorn and Twizzlers. 
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @lovemaddux My family is ridiculously obsessed with Clue. We watch it and quote it every time we get together. It's obnoxious to H and his family :)

Favorite all time Movie: This is a hard question! So many for different reasons. Breakfast at Tiffany's, Jurassic Park , Casablanca, Sound of Music

Favorite movie series: Star Wars - but not the new crap - the original trilogy. 

Favorite movie musical: Sound of Music - I can quote that sucker. 

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? All you young folk - I saw Little Mermaid when I was in like 5th grade? :) First movie I ever remember seeing was Gremlins. I think I was 5? Far too young to be there, but my cousin took me. I ended up hiding behind the seats the entire movie because it was so scary. 

What is the last movie you saw? Wonder Woman. I don't go to the movies much. 

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Popcorn. And I can probably eat my bodyweight in Reese's pieces. 
  • Favorite all time Movie: Too much pressure! I can't choose!! I love so many!

Favorite movie series: Harry Potter!! 

Favorite movie musical: Sound of Music- I could watch this movie over and over. I got to see the Broadway Across Canada show in the fall and it was amazing. I love all the songs and sing them all the time to my LO :)

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? The Wedding Planner with my mom when I was around 10 or so?

What is the last movie you saw? The Netflix Original... A Christmas Prince. I am so lame haha! 

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Popcorn for sure! I also love red licorice :)
  • hfooterhfooter member
    edited December 2017
    Favorite all time Movie: Best in Show

Favorite movie series: Toy Story?

Favorite movie musical: Wicked

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? I don’t remember but it was Snow White

What is the last movie you saw? Idiocracy

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Sour Patch Kids

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kindbytealikat That was Batman and Robin, and while it is widely regarded as the absolute worst Batman movie ever made, I love it in all of its terrible campy  glory. 
    Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker

• Favorite all time Movie: dirty dancing 

Favorite movie series: twilight 

Favorite movie musical: grease 

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? Little mermaid 

What is the last movie you saw? Anabelle 

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Raisinet 
  • Favorite all time Movie: Austenland

Favorite movie series: Anne of Green Gables

Favorite movie musical: Mama Mia or White Christmas

What is the first movie you ever saw in theaters (or that you remember)? The first I remember is the Little Princess

What is the last movie you saw? Honestly can’t remember. I tend to watch more tv shows these days, due to limited free time and focus these days

What is your favorite movie snack or candy? Those little cookie dough things dipped in chocolate