November 2017 Moms

LNCI -12/14

Good night ladies!

How’s it going? My daughter has hit the 6wk growth spurt and is eating much more frequently. She’s also been more fussy. Much more. In a “make-your-eardrums-vibrate” volume scream. 

My husband is not handling the screaming well at all, which has started to make me anxious as he will be the primary caregiver when I go back to work in January. Tonight he stormed up out of his chair, with her in his arms crying, and stomped around trying to calm her down. All the while he was muttering about how her screams were painfully loud. He won’t talk to me about it either.  

Re: LNCI -12/14

• @curiousfool1 sorry to hear about the pangs of the growth spurt. Have you read Happiest Baby on the Block or the Wonder Weeks? 

They both have great tips on how to calm fussy babies, especially during their leaps/growth spurts. Do you think he would open to reading parts of it so it's from a neutral source and doesn't have to become tense between you two? 

We found the five S's from the Happiest Baby on the Block to be very effective when our girl is fussy. Basically, swaddle, swing her gently, allow her to suck (pacifier, thumb or breasteed), shush noise and side/stomach positon while being held. It takes some practice, but when done all together, it works great for our little girl. 
  • I'm sorry you're DH isn't taking it well, mine didn't either. He hated when LO would cry at the hospital,  he thought they were causing him pain when really it was the diaper change. Men like to fix things and hate when they can't. Even I get upset because I'm the mom,  I should be able to stop it. I asked my DH if he was going to survive the days he had LO alone. Hopefully yours opens up a little more,  tell him why it's so important for you to talk about it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been having some tummy issues, very gassy and hasn't been sleeping very well. I can hear his tummy gurgling at times. He has his 4 week appointment today and I'm going to talk to his doctor about switching his formula. I still breastfeed him a few times during the day so it could be something I'm eating also but his main issue is at night and in the morning so I'm leaning more towards the issue is the formula.
  • LO didn't want to fall asleep tonight. He was fed,  dressed and dry. I placed him in my sleeping spot and he fell asleep so I swaddled him and positioned him on his side. The bugger just slept 4.5 hours without stirring and 5 without nursing. Wish I could say I slept but I was awkwardly positioned so that he would sleep a close distance from DH. 
  • It's funny i am not bothered by DD cries if I'm the one involved,  like during a diaper change.  I try to talk to her,  and be quick.  If she cries with DH, I have to consciously take a moment to let him handle it, instead of jumping in to fix it. I ask if DH would like my help or if he's okay while DD cries.  It's all new too us. 
  • After a day of our LO not sleeping more than 20 min increments, it was so amazing to have her sleep for 4 hours straight tonight. She would have kept sleeping too if I hadn't woke her for a feeding. Not going to lie, it was so tempting to let her just keep sleeping.
  • @dragonfly87-2 is there a reason you need to wake her for feedings (doctors orders)? If the PED hasn't instructed you to wake her, I would totally let her sleep!!
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2017
    @mymulligan  No orders to other than our ped's general rec to feed at least every 4 hours for the first month. Not sure if there is a specific reason she suggested that, but it's what I have been going with. Also, my boobs start to get itchy and hard after 4 hours if I don't feed her. 

Luckily she passed out after eating. But of course, I can't sleep now...
  • @dragonfly87-2 so glad you and baby were able to finally get some sleep!
  • Omg we aren’t in a leap yet but for some reason my normally easy going child is a handful. He’s wide awake, taking 90 minutes to go to sleep and eating every 2 hours. Yeah...do that math.....maybe 30 minutes of sleep. Toss in pumping atleast every 3 hours and I’m at my wits end. I’ve never seen him this wide awake. And it’s midnight 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    BFP #2: 4.14.16                 CP: 4.17.16
    BFP #3: 6.10.2016             CP: 6.17.16
    RE appt: 6.27.2016- saline sono all clear
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    PCOS, hypothyroid, MTHFR, hx of LEEP in 2006
    Clomid + TI Cycle #1: 50mg Trigger 8.24.2016- BFN
    Clomid 75mg + IUI#1 9.25.2016- BFP #4 10/6
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    PGS results: 4 PGS normal 2 XX, 2 XY
    FET: 3.13.2017 for 2 PGS embryos
    Beta#1: 3.24.2017......... 78; Beta # 2 241; Beta #3 4198
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DungeonTrollMel sorry to hear that, our LO was like that on Friday. How old is he? They do say leaps can happen a littte early too...
  • My LOnhas definitely had a shift in personality lately too. He does not like to be put down at all - not on the floor, swing, bouncer etc. it is very frustrating! 
  • Anyone dealing with strange poop? LO is breastfed. He had the normal seedy yellow, then got sick and it was a seedy green some mucus but to be expected with a cold.  He had a few yellow after being sick and now it's a bright green and looks like pureed pea soup.  I haven't exactly introduced anything to my diet.  Poor little dude, he cries so much when it's time for a bowel movement.
  • MaximumEffortMaximumEffort member
    edited December 2017
    @dragonfly87-2 I'm between thinking over supply or sensitivity. I'm 7 weeks it and still have strong let downs. LO only nurses from one breast each session,  it's very rare that he will go for the second. 
    Since he's had a cold is hard to tell if that's what the mucus is from. There's no blood.
  • @MaximumEffort bright green poop over here also. I have an oversupply and strong letdown so I am going to try block feeding as you mentioned. LO eats so frequently that I suspect he is only getting the foremilk and very little hindmilk. Worth a shot!
  • NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited December 2017
    @DungeonTrollMel DS had the same night you did the night of the 16-17. I think he started the leap early! WonderWeeks considers A to be a week older since he was overdue, so it makes sense.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • @mymulligan sorry to live your post but I'm so glad not to be the only one. The mucus worries me and his being uncomfortable. Hoping the block feeding starts working soon. 
  • I just read about block feeding because I hadn't heard of it before. I think I may be doing it, butt not intentionally. DD only really eats from one side each feeding and latches for at most 12 minutes. I offer the other side, but she never takes it and will keep her lips pursed. Given she eats about every 3 hours....is this essentially block feeding? Will it lower my milk supply? 
  • LO only e ct are from one side anyways and still over supply. I'm feeding him 2 feedings from each side. If that's what you're LO had been doing all along your supply should be fine 
  • Guess who gets to be dairy free for 2 weeks. Ugh. That's my main food source or at least I have dairy in everything. 
    Pediatrician called and said the antibiotics probably made his mild sensitivity worst. To the store we go so I can at least have my coffee in the morning. 
  • 4am - 7am an never fails baby is up fussing and grunting with gas! Then he passes out and I have to get up with my oldest! Luckily baby give so us a good 4 hour stretch at the beginomg of night
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @MaximumEffort you aren't alone.  Baby is still struggling with reflux and I think dairy is some of the issue for her.  It is a major part of my diet so I'm struggling as well.
  • I now realise the horrible side. Aside from not being able to have my creamer, cheese or butter... my freezer stash is no good. 
  • @MaximumEffort noooooo!!!!! That’s the realization of nightmares 
    BFP #1: 1.22.16                 MMC: 2.29.16 ( tetrasomy 11, partial deletion 1, XXX) D&C: 3.2.16
    Progenity: + carrier Tay-Sachs, Gaucher's, hemachromatosis. DH: carrier Alpha 1 anti-trypsin
    Beta #1 15   Beta #2 38    Beta #3- 71     beta #4 171   Beta # 5- 21  Natural MC 10/21
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Egg Retrieval 1.22.17: 32 eggs retrieved,29 mature, 24 fertilized, 14 to blastocyst for biopsy
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• I really need to teach my husband which cloth diapers are better for night time and more absorbent. 

Thw swaddleme was working great for the arm flailing finally.....until he soaked all the way up the back with pee. We are now back in a swaddle for the rest of the night and it’s not going to be restful 
    HSG- clear
    IVF Jan 2017
    Baby BOY due 11.29.2017

• @DungeonTrollMel ugh DD had a pee blowout the other night on her only clean halo sleep sack. I was so bit happy at 2am to find that out and the rest of the night was rough. She will wake herself up constantly due to arm flailing too. Hopefully you get some rest!