May 2018 Moms

Due Date Check-In: Second Week of May 5/6-5/12 (12/19)

This is a weekly check in for people who are due the second week of May - 5/6-5/12. 

How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?

What's going on this week? How are you feeling, any rants or raves? 

Any upcoming appointments?

GTKY:  What names do/will your parents and in-laws go by as grandparents? 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
Married June 2012
BFP June 2013- blighted ovum, D&C Aug 2013
BFP Oct 2013- twins!  A&H born May 2014
BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

Re: Due Date Check-In: Second Week of May 5/6-5/12 (12/19)

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?
    20 weeks today, 5/8, ummm banana?  
    Rants- I need to finish my Christmas shopping!!!!  Raves- AS and my birthday tomorrow.  I did my first progesterone shot today and it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating.  Also, I was rubbing my belly yesterday and Abby said, "Mommy, how is the baby doing?"  It was so sweet.  
    Already talked about this.  AS tomorrow, hopefully find out the sex, then midwife appointment next week on the 27th.  
    GTKY: What names do/will your parents and in-laws go by as grandparents? 
    My mom is Grammy or Grandma Mellon (her name is Ellen and one of the older grandkids said Mellon instead and it stuck).  His parents are Grandma and Bup-Bup.  It was supposed to be Pap-Pap, but when my girls started talking it sounded like Bup-Bup and again, it just stuck.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• Loading the player...
  • @bjkay22 I can't remember if you already know sex, or are Team Green?  But either way, could they both go to the AS and take turns?  And I'm sure if you only have three people, they US tech wouldn't throw a huge fit if they all wanted to be there when you find out the sex, if you don't know it already.  Most medical staff are pretty understanding and visitor rules are just there to keep people from bringing a 20 person crew to appointments with them.  
    Also, I forgot MH's grandma.  She's Great Grandma, so we shortened it to GG.  

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @bjkay22 we already know it’s a girl from blood work. There is an ultrasound place near MILs house that does 3D/4D scans (like a boutique place) and they are about 60 dollars. DH really wants to do that so I’m leaning towards having my mom at the AS sand then MIL can go with us in a few weeks to the boutique place near her house. But it’s a good idea to see if they can take turns! They are semi rude so I’m always nervous to ask them questions. Also omg at the belly rubbing. Makes your heart melt. Can’t wait to see the AS pics (if you decide to post), I love looking at them (well for people I’ve actually seen on here, not drivebys). Oh and happy early bday! 
  • @bjkay22 Thank you!  I don't know if I'll be able to post pictures because my front camera doesn't work after I dropped my phone in a public toilet a few months ago 

but I'm sure MH will take a picture for me to text family, etc.  
    The boutique ultrasound would be a great alternative if they can't both be at your AS next week :) 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @sandbar517 ugh that sucks. At least some of the phone still functions. Hahah. Yes I’m leaning towards that option. Waiting to discuss with MIL when I see her in person this weekend. 
  • @kpc0914 I love the names for your In laws!  What a beautiful way to honor their heritage.  Way to go for staying Team Green, as much as I thought I wanted to be, I'm glad I was able to be convinced by MH (not that it was hard) because I'm looking forward to finding out! 

And of course, I love our board, too.  So many sweet ladies, I'm so glad I decided to join the board.  :) 

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @thunderberry that's really odd that they don't allow tours of the hospital... do they just not allow one off tours, are there specific times that they set aside for group tours that you can sign up for or a birth class through the hospital that includes a tour?  
    We did a birth class through the hospital when I was pregnant with DS and part of the class was a tour of the labor and delivery floor as well as the NICU.  

• sandbar517sandbar517 member
    edited December 2017
    @thunderberry that's insane!  Hopefully your OB is helpful in answering the questions you have.  I personally didn't care so much about the tour itself, but it was really nice to at least know where to go for labor, and be able to ask them more specific questions about what to bring/what's provided for you, and more hospital specific questions that the OBs might not know or care about.  I love the names for your in laws, too!  I love all the nods to family heritage.   <3
    Edited because I forgot to tag @k5678 I hope you feel better soon!! Ear aches are the worst! And edited again because I wanted to say that I'm super hungry for lobster now, thanks @thunderberry!  LOL

Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• @thunderberry @sandbar517 thinking of lobster makes me think of crab, and crab dipped in delicious warm butter sounds amazing right now!

• Me, 35 Hubs, 32
    Married June 2012
    BFP Aug 2017- EDD 5/8/17

• How far along are you? When is your due date? What size is baby?
    19w3d, May 12th, zucchini 
    I have officially popped. Or at least I think I did. From Friday to Sunday the belly was a huge difference in size and it seems to have stayed big. I will be back at work tomorrow after last being there on Wednesday so I plan tomorrow share the news with my colleagues.
    Thursday is my anatomy scan! I can't wait. I'm quite anxious tomorrow confirm baby is growing healthy. Although my midwife appointment isn't until Jan 17th so isn't hope I can get at least at bit of info from the tech.
    GTKY:  What names do/will your parents and in-laws go by as grandparents? 
    Great question! We have been talking about this all weekend with my parents. My mom wants Nana but my dad isn't sure.  In laws will be Grandma and Papa since that's what our nieces already call them. 

Sorry I'm a bit late to the convo! I agree that our board and the ladies are great and I'm so happy to hear how well things have been going for everyone and how some bad news has turned into good :)
    Good luck with all the upcoming appointments!