December 2017 Moms

due date check-in (edd 12/10-12/16) - 12/11

cait5413cait5413 member
edited December 2017 in December 2017 Moms
For the ladies due December 10 - December 16: 

Whats your due date? Is baby here?

This week we can finally say, "It's this week!" How do you feel about that? Are you ready?  

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? 

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it?

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed!

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? 

Married May 2014
DD born August 2016
Baby #2 due December 2017

Re: due date check-in (edd 12/10-12/16) - 12/11

• Whats your due date? Is baby here? c-section scheduled for Thurs morning

This week we can finally say, "It's this week!" How do you feel about that? Are you ready?  
    I *almost* feel ready...

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? I've taken some photos, and the baby book I bought has a "before you were born" letter, so I did that. 

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it? Well, once the baby is having kids of their own, maybe I'll share how hard it was being pregnant with a toddler! Before then, just how strong baby's kicks are, how I knew they'd have hair from the heartburn, etc. 

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed! DH and I took the stance that we were in this together (even though it was much harder on me at first, with breastfeeding, etc). He was very good about taking the baby when I had a breakdown, diaper changes, doing what I asked, but he was even worse with sleep deprivation than me, even though I was getting less sleep! This time I feel like I have had more anxiety about how it will go with 2, but DH keeps telling me it will be ok and we will get through it together. You just have to still find some time for the 2 of you. Once DD turned one, we tried to do date nights every week or two to get us alone time before this one arrives. Before then, we took DD out with us or did dates at home after DD was asleep. You can't keep score. We also took DD out of our room at 4 weeks. We all slept better after that.  There are ebbs and flows--it is really hard at first with the sleep deprivation, but then it gets better....but then you hit the 4 month sleep regression and it gets worse again. But then it gets better--after 6 months, things were a lot easier, and the tough parts really don't last long in retrospect. It just feels like an eternity sometimes while you're in it :)

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? Questions about recovery and when I can pick up DD!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Whats your due date? Is baby here?
    12/11 (yesterday!); no baby yet

very ready. Come out, girl!

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? 
    I've taken more photos this time around.

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it?
    Hmm...maybe cute stories about how her sister was very excited about her! 

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed!
    I'm a STM and I think we have become a better partnership. I think kids either stress a relationship or make it stronger, and we (thankfully!) are the latter. We're better at communicating since the stakes are higher. I highly recommend this article for women (mothers or not) in a heteronormative relationship (although I'm sure it may apply to single sex relationships depending on the personalities!): https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/features/a12063822/emotional-labor-gender-equality/

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? 
    I have an appointment on Thursday if baby hasn't come yet. I'll hope for a membrane sweep (couldn't get one last week due to very limited dilation) and good BP to avoid induction! I'd rather not induce if it isn't medically necessary. DD came at 41W5D, though, and I don't know if I can wait that long!!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @lavashiner That was such an insightful article. Thanks for sharing!
    Yesterday - Yes! 

She was born on Sunday morning - so as ready as I'll ever be haha
    Ugh I haven't really. I guess the most chronicling I've done is posting on my blog, which has only been 3 posts so far. That and random HDBD mirror selfies!
    Whatever she wants to know! 
    With DS DH was home with me for his first 6 months and that obviously made the world of difference. 
    Day 3 visit with the midwife today went well. No concerns for either me or baby at this point. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Whats your due date? Is baby here? Yesterday.  And no.  She's still not here.  

I'm ready. I'm so anxious for her to come out so I can see and hold her and know she's ok.  I'm so nervous that something terrible is going to happen at the end here and I'm going to lose her.  

How have you captured your pregnancy experience? Have you written letters to your baby or taken a series of photographs? Not really.  I was afraid to jinx anything.  I've got a couple photos that I took, but nothing consistent.  

What will you share with your child about your pregnancy once they are old enough to talk with you about it? Anything. Generally speaking, I'm an open book :-)

For FTMs, what has been the best way you and your partner (if you have one currently) have been able to manage this major transition in your life? Advice/stories from STMs is welcomed! Well, since she's not here, I don't know that I can answer this yet.  I know my husband is super ready to help out and is taking a month off work so we can figure this out together.  

Any special tests or questions/concerns you plan to bring up with your doctor this week? I'm really hoping to not be induced.  But we will see what happens.  

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Good luck, @Tennis11785

I was totally with you on feeling like something could go wrong at the end. It's hard to trust this thing that is so out of our control!!!

I hope your labor starts spontaneously soon! My DD was late, and this little girl was only 2 days beyond her due date. Fingers crossed it happens soon!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tennis11785 my LO has been here since 11/25 and im still terrified something will go wrong. I haven't had a decent nights rest all week cause of it. I am just suddenly uber paranoid and then when i finally get tired enough to sleep, i end up having a scary dream of her getting hurt/lost/dead. *sigh* guess ill just sleep when im dead lol. 
    Was due 12/16 - baby is not here yet!

Yep pretty ready by now!

I haven’t really done anything like that.  I took bump photos every few weeks but that’s really all.

Whatever he wants to know I guess!

I mean it’s all give and take, so we just try to share the responsibilities and take things on together.  We both know our strengths and weaknesses and luckily they are pretty opposite!

I have an appointment to talk about induction tomorrow.  The doctor says tomorrow night or Friday, but I would prefer to avoid induction so I’m planning to push for Friday in the hopes that baby will come on his own before then.
    BabyFruit Ticker