January 2018 Moms

Monday Ticker Change 12/18

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

2) How are you feeling?

3) Any appointments this week/last?

4) How are baby preparations going?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Monday Ticker Change 12/18

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

36 weeks

2) How are you feeling?

finally over my cold, thank the Lord. I'm feeling done and ready. After Christmas I will start more walking, having sex, red raspberry leaf tea, ect. To try to get her out

I'm on twice weekly appointments now (wed/ fri) to monitor my blood pressure. I checked it yesterday at the pharmacy and it was still the same as last Friday's appointment. So FX that it stays good for the next week and a half.

great we are now ready!! Finished stuff yesterday. Cleaned the house, mopped all the floors, installed both car seats, finished packing my bag, set up nursing station

rant: DH has been super helpful physically. My doctor said I'm not on bedrest but I need to be resting and keeping my BP down. But mentally he is so checked out. I tried to tell him last night that I'm getting nervous and I basically got uh huh, me too. Then silence so I said well great talking to you and he said "I'm doing a quiz on FB" cause that's Soooooo important.

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?

it will just be DH and I and no one is aloud to be waiting. I'll call when we are ready for visitors. With DD I didn't get cleaned up and to the recovery room til after midnight. So I don't want ppl wanting to barge in late at night.

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 36 weeks today! 

2) How are you feeling? My lower back is constantly aching, my energy levels have dropped, and I’ve developed hemorrhoids this week. I’ve been worried about going into labor preterm though so I’m grateful to be getting so close!

The weekly appointment stage has begun for me. On Thursday I’ll have my Group B Strep test and some more bloodwork done - hopefully my iron levels will have come up since last time with this awful iron supplement I’ve been taking!

Almost done! A couple more freezer meals I’d like to make, a couple small last-minute things to purchase, but overall feeling close to being prepared! I do have some deep cleaning to do this week though!

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: One of my close friends is coming to visit this week! Her along with her DH and their 8 month old DD will be staying with us for 9 days! It will be a lot to have house guests while this close to my due date, but also a nice distraction from the impatience! Also, this will be my final week of work before maternity leave! Being on my feet and so active is just getting very exhausting and not helping my back!

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?  I will have DH, MIL, and my doula with me, but DH knows that if I get to a point where I want more privacy he will have to kick his mother out! After I’ve delivered our immediately family can come to visit me in the birth center, but I will only be there for 8 hours before discharge so any visitors beyond that will have to come visit us st home! And only if they call DH for approval first!

• Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you? How big is baby?  38 weeks! Baby is the size of a winter melon and/or a ukulele!

2) How are you feeling?  Pregnancy insomnia is for the birds, but today I decided to stay in bed a little while longer to catch up on it instead of forcing myself to get into work right away.  So I feel okay for the most part!

3) Any appointments this week/last?  Last Friday was my (37) week appointment, confirmed GBS positive, did the final round of blood work and the doc told me she didn't think I would make it to my December 22nd appointment.  I believe she jinxed me and will probably go (2) weeks late hahaha. (38) week appointment is this Friday.

4) How are baby preparations going?  They are DONE, like totally DONE.  Everything is washed and put away, her nursery is 100% finished.  My house is clean from top to bottom, all our Christmas presents are purchased and awaiting delivery, our tree is up and decorated, all (3) of our hospital bags are packed and (2) brand new pillows are with them for the hospital, and her car seat has been inspected and checked with the local car seat inspector with the EMS department.  She could come at any moment and we would be 100% prepared, but because we are so prepared now, she'll probably bake a little longer ha.

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rave: everything is ready and I am getting excited for the holidays! Rant: my pelvic pressure has gone away for the most part, so it makes me think she changed position or something, which bums me out.  I guess we will see on Friday.

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home?  Labor and delivery will be FI, my mom and my future mother-in-law.  Our hospital has a (3) person in the room at any time policy, so if other family comes I won't mind if the people rotate during labor, but delivery is definitely the (3) mentioned.  I really have no rules for visitors.  Everyone is super excited for this little one and can't wait to meet her.  That being said, it will mainly be family and those with their flu shots only and we don't want anyone else really kissing on her either, that is straight up weird to me.

• @jaclyn0405 I’m impressed with your preparation!!

1) How far along are you? How big is baby?

35 weeks, size of a pineapple!

2) How are you feeling?

I’m afraid I’m coming down with a cold or something. I have a slight sore throat, am so thirsty and super low energy.  Hoping I can fight it off so I’m not sick going into Christmas.

Nothing this week but I start weekly appointments and ultrasounds next week.  I’m excited to see her again, it’s been since 22 weeks.

I met with my doula and have been doing some reading about labor and birth since I didn’t take a class.  So that’s helping me mentally prepare.  I still have a long list of things I want to do in my apartment but I’m counting on the time I have off from work after Christmas to do most of it.  And I still need to order/buy the rest of the stuff I need off the registry and for nursing.  

Rant: I’m just so tired. And mentally checked out of work already   

It will be my sister (coming from Boston so she should be able to make it barring any crazy fast labor) and my doula for delivery. My mom is planning on coming down the next day and staying with me for a while.  I may let a few friends stop by the hospital if they ask to.  Any other out of town family is welcome to come when I’m home, but they’ll need to get a hotel room since I live in a very small apartment. 

• 1) How far along are you? How big is baby? 37 weeks!! 

2) How are you feeling? Tired and D.O.N.E.

3) Any appointments this week/last? Last week I got to see baby girl and found out she is head down!! Also am GBS negative. I’m at weekly appointments now so I’ll go in again on Wednesday for a non stress test and regular appointment. 

4) How are baby preparations going? We are done!! 

5) Rants/Raves/Questions? I’m just anxious about when it’s all going to happen. I’m a planner by nature and hate the not knowing. Also somehow a GD diagnosis got put in my chart (which I found out last week) so I’m annoyed...because I’m not...and need to make sure they take care of that before I head to L&D.

6) GTKY: Who are you inviting to be with you during labor and/or at delivery? Any other visitor rules for your hospital stay or early days back home? Just me and DH in the labor/delivery room. We’ll call when we’re ready for immediate family to come to the hospital. My parents will know when I go in to labor (they’re taking DD) but that’s it. Everyone else will find out once she’s here. When visitors do come, nobody will be invited to actually stay at our house.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bkbaby18 thanks love! It feels really good that is for sure.  I honestly thought my last To-Do list was too long, but out of (30) items we have (2) items left and if they get done great, if not, no sweat lol.