April 2018 Moms

Heart Defects

Who else is dealing with them? 

LO has a vascular ring, diagnosed today at fetal echo. Need a repeat echo in a few weeks to monitor. The cardiologist said the heart itself looks very good. She explained that she would likely operate around 6-7 months and expect her to have a full recovery and live a normal life. It’s still hard not to freak out. 

Me (33). DH (37). DD (2.2012). MCs x4. After 4 years & 7 months, due 4.2018!

Re: Heart Defects

• I don't have any experience with this, but I am thinking of you!  We go for our echo next Tuesday, so don't know yet if we are dealing with anything.  
  • irenejeanirenejean member
    edited December 2017
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I don't have any experience, but I'm thinking about you and hoping for a best case scenario outcome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Mattel - sorry you’re faced with this. Our little boy was noted on radiology report from AS to have echogenic focus, but OB isn’t overly worried. We do have another AS this Thursday, I guess they will keep a close eye on it until they feel it will not be an issue or that it’s an issue that will need to be addressed.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • No experience, but thinking of you! I hope everything progresses smoothly!
  • Thinking of you @Mattel. I will have a fetal echo done at the beginning of Jan. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• No experience but I’m thinking about you and sending you good thoughts and prayers!!
  • @Mattel I'm sorry to hear this and will be thinking of you. Hopefully your doctor will keep you informed and give you peace of mind during this time. 
  • No experience with this but will be thinking of you!  It must scary to feel so helpless with your LO needing such care!
  • Not currently @Mattel but as stated in the VSD thread the other day that DD had ohs 2 years ago on the 17th.  If you have any questions about the surgery, I would be happy to talk to you. It is definitely very stressful but I have to remind myself that kids at that age are so resilient and she will luckily have no memory of it. It was way harder on us than her, she was smiling 2 days after.  
  • Mattel  We had a second look and they did not seem concerned about our LO's echogenic focus, the chances it's something is minimum. So, my thoughts and prayers are with you, how scary.
  • Thinking of you @Mattel. DD1 had a VSD but it closed by 8 months and wasn't discovered in utero. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thinking of you @Mattel the positive in this situation is that it was found and you and your family can prepare. ❤️