February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3/ 29 weeks/ Wk of 12.10

1) 29 weeks. Babies are an acorn squash or a pineapple this week!
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments this week? 
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby?

Re: EDD Feb. 25 - Mar. 3/ 29 weeks/ Wk of 12.10

• Options
    (Sorry I'm a little late to get this thread up! If you ever want it up and see it's not started feel free to just go for it! I am 100% not possessive of doing this).

2) How are you feeling? 
    You know, that old friend heartburn. Sticking together like glue!
    Appointment for a more extensive ultrasound tomorrow (Tuesday) with an OB that does high risk. To determine if there's a risk ;) 
    Not really but I usually take this spot to just blab as needed. :D I had a doula and OB appointments last Thursday and discussed that whole possible blood vessels over the cervical opening thing and possible c-section etc. I don't have any more certainty either way, but I feel way better. Sometimes I think I just need to stress out and worry and cry a bunch and then after I've gotten enough of that, I feel pretty chill about it. Emotions. I guess it's a pretty good idea to express them. Because I don't really feel stressed at all about it anymore.
    FTM so we kinda need everything. But the first thing we got that we really thought we needed was a place for the baby to sleep. We went with a wool nest on a stand, like a moses basket. It will fit in our room and having a small house we want to go as long as possible without buying a crib.
  • Options
    RachelR17RachelR17 member
    edited December 2017

2) How are you feeling? 
    Been doing pretty well. Some Braxton Hicks in the evening but only after I’ve had a really active day! Pelvic soreness but feeling great other wise!

Not till next week!

Nothing really to rant or rave about...but i am always an emotional person during the holidays but being pregnant is making it 100000x worse! Lol holiday commercials, songs, movies, the thought of having a second little girl next year! <3 so many happy tears! 

this is our second girl (2 years apart) so we don’t need much but I HAVE to get a rock n play and a nice baby carrier for this one!! I asked for the LilliBaby Complete All seasons for Christmas! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @alice0218 good luck tomorrow with the ultrasound! I hope they give you good news and answer all your questions! <3
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow @alice0218.  Thanks for starting the thread!

How are you feeling? 
    Feeling pretty good.  Starting to get tired more easily and the heartburn is kicking in.  I had it my entire pregnancy with DS--so I feel lucky that it is just now starting. 

Any appointments this week? 
    Nothing this week

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I woke up with a horrific charlie horse this morning.  Nothing I did would make it go away.  DH got up and tried to help and I just sobbed.  I am drinking extra water today and have a banana.  I may get some coconut water on the way home.  That was awful...

GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby?
    We are switching from the rock n play to the bassinet this time around, so we purchased that.  I also would like the Lillibaby carrier, possibly.  I have heard good things about it.  
  • Options
    We did get good news! The previous images weren't clear and looked suspicious but this time they could clearly see there is not placenta, blood vessels, or umbilical cord near the cervical opening. Woohoo! And they said at this point in pregnancy, there is not a chance that any of those things will move into that position, if anything they'll move further away from it. So yay! No risky pregnancy business, we won't need a c-section (at least not because of that), and we can have sex again too :# . Thank you guys for the support too!

@magnolia305 and @RachelR17 Have you guys tried other carriers and just like lillibaby the best? Or you heard from other moms? Just curious. I am thinking of waiting until the baby comes to decide. I went to a local baby wearing meeting in November but I decided it's hard to tell what I will like without having a real baby and just a weighted doll. A lot of carriers and wraps seemed pretty good though. 
  • Options
    @alice0218 I had an Ergo with my first and I liked it but didn’t splurge on a carrier that faced forward..i asked my other birth month group and a lot of them recommended the LilliBaby! 

@magnolia305 look at amazon!! They have a few LilliBaby options for AMAZING prices! 
  • Options
    @rachelR17 I saw that!  Like waaay cheaper than the website!
  • Options
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I am in a lot of pain. My pelvis is splitting in the front and the back apparently. I started physical therapy this week (yesterday) and I am really sore today. I hope the physical therapy helps. 
    I had my regular midwife appointment on Monday where I was recommended to go to physical therapy, then I had physical therapy on Wednesday. Now I am done with appointments for the week. Next week I only have physical therapy. 
    I don’t have much for here other than the fact I am in a lot of pain and all I can have is Tylenol. Also, I was told it won’t go away until after delivery, but it can be lessened. I just want to be done and not in pain, but then I think of all the postpartum pain I had last time and I am not looking forward to that. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 
    There was a lot we needed for this one, since my son is 5 and we kept nothing. I really want to babywear this time. I did not do much of it last time because it was just so hot in July. I invested in a Tula free to grow. I am looking forward to giving that a try. I needed something for when I have to get my son on and off the bus. 

@alice0218
    I am so glad you got good results at the ultrasound! That is amazing news! 
  • Options
    @lainikins Yikes! That sounds terrible to have your pelvis opening/splitting apart! I really hope PT works for you too. And I hope it lessens before delivery if it's supposed to not go away.  :/ That stinks. Can you use ice or heat to help? What about using an exercise ball instead of a chair? My doula keeps suggesting that but I keep lazily not doing it. Also, my chiropractor gave me this band that goes around your hips and it's basically a wide band with extremely strong velcro and you just put it around your hips as tight as you can get it and it's supposed to hold your hips together better if they're coming apart. His wife used one too. I don't know what it's called. Do you have something like that?
  • Options
    alice0218 said:
    @lainikins Yikes! That sounds terrible to have your pelvis opening/splitting apart! I really hope PT works for you too. And I hope it lessens before delivery if it's supposed to not go away.  :/ That stinks. Can you use ice or heat to help? What about using an exercise ball instead of a chair? My doula keeps suggesting that but I keep lazily not doing it. Also, my chiropractor gave me this band that goes around your hips and it's basically a wide band with extremely strong velcro and you just put it around your hips as tight as you can get it and it's supposed to hold your hips together better if they're coming apart. His wife used one too. I don't know what it's called. Do you have something like that?
    I will have to ask about the exercise ball, but I feel like that would open things more because you would sit more with your legs apart. I’ve helps some, but it is not the most practical area to ice, haha. I was given a Serole band, which is like what you are describing. It is a big Velcro wrap that goes around my hips and I Velcro it as tightly as I can. Then there are elastic parts that you pull to make it even tighter. It is helping a lot, but it is very painful if it slips to one side and is no longer pulling symmetrically. I am feeling better today than I was yesterday, so I hope I was just sore from the actual physical therapy yesterday and it is helping me more now. 
  • Options

2) How are you feeling? 

Physically, definitely getting more uncomfortable as the days go on, sleep is getting more restless, and acid reflux has started this week. Mentally, I’m getting more and more anxious for it to be February already!

Next check up isn’t til after Christmas but everything was looking great with both baby and I at last appointment.

I’m curious if anyone else is considering waiting to get the TDAP til after baby is delivered? I’m not anti-vaccine, I just don’t love the idea of getting them while still pregnant. I opted out of the flu shot as well. 

Honestly, we need everything. FTM! I tried to keep the registry as minimal as possible. So I guess the thing I decided we must have is as little of the unnecessary crap as possible!

• Options
    @kristinl492 I got the Tdap shot. I was current, but the reason they recommend it while pregnant is so that baby gets more of your antibodies, since they can’t get the vaccine themselves until 6 months. This is my 3rd pregnancy and 3rd tdap shot in 4 years
  • Options
    @kristinl492 I got a flu shot in the last month, i think it’s recommended to do so. I just had a tetanus shot like the month before (or maybe just weeks before) I got pregnant but my doctor still recommended getting Tdap. Maybe they are completely different idk. No judgement, but i think they recommend you getting any shots you can for the reason @jessilee15 mentioned. I mean you don’t have to but the baby will have more immunity when it’s born. At least that’s what I understand.

On that topic i started asking all family, even my mom, if they have their flu shots and other vaccines current. I’m not afraid to keep them from holding my baby if not. They have two months still to get them done! Not afraid to be that mom ;)
  • Options
    @alice0218 oh yes, I have no problem asking my family members to get their shots  :D . My mom is a pediatric nurse so she’s probably the only one up to date. I know the benefit to getting the shot while pregnant is so baby can reap the benefits, however shouldn’t he still be able to get those antibodies from my breast milk? I do plan on discussing this with my doctor but it’s nice to hear from other mamas first! As far as the flu shot goes, I decline it every year. I work in a hospital so I know it’s a risk, but I can’t stand the thought of getting a shot that *might* keep you from getting the flu. If it were a guarantee, then it would be a whole different story.