1st Trimester

Spotting/Bleeding in First Trimester

I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place. I’m having daily spotting. I think. I’m technically 7 weeks 4 days...but I am worried I’m not actually anything anymore. I never had many classic pregnancy symptoms and still don’t overall. The spotting started last Wednesday (6 days ago). It was all brown and random. Not even enough for a liner. I had my first appt that Wed, but this was just an info input appointment. The nurse said just to watch it. Well, the brown stuff continued. Sometimes thicker, sometimes not. Sometimes nothing for most of the day. Two night ago there was some red. I called, but they didn’t want me to come in. They said to stop exercising for a couple days and just see. All day yesterday nothing. Then a night this long string of thick dark brown stuff (sorry...so gross). And then nothing else. 

I’ve spent two days sobbing.  Any thoughts?  Is this a miscarriage?  What’s taking so long for it to get worse?  I have no pain other than some more aches (usually while I’m sobbing).   I’ve never been pregnant before, and this waiting is just torture. I feel like they didn’t want me to come in since they “knew” the miscarriage was impending, but she didn’t say that.  My next appointment isn’t until the 15th (next Friday). Emotionally, I doubt I can make it until then. 

I would alpreciate any thoughts and input...

Re: Spotting/Bleeding in First Trimester

• LEO09 said:
    I’m sorry if I’m posting this in the wrong place. I’m having daily spotting. I think. I’m technically 7 weeks 4 days...but I am worried I’m not actually anything anymore. I never had many classic pregnancy symptoms and still don’t overall. The spotting started last Wednesday (6 days ago). It was all brown and random. Not even enough for a liner. I had my first appt that Wed, but this was just an info input appointment. The nurse said just to watch it. Well, the brown stuff continued. Sometimes thicker, sometimes not. Sometimes nothing for most of the day. Two night ago there was some red. I called, but they didn’t want me to come in. They said to stop exercising for a couple days and just see. All day yesterday nothing. Then a night this long string of thick dark brown stuff (sorry...so gross). And then nothing else. 

I’ve spent two days sobbing.  Any thoughts?  Is this a miscarriage?  What’s taking so long for it to get worse?  I have no pain other than some more aches (usually while I’m sobbing).   I’ve never been pregnant before, and this waiting is just torture. I feel like they didn’t want me to come in since they “knew” the miscarriage was impending, but she didn’t say that.  My next appointment isn’t until the 15th (next Friday). Emotionally, I doubt I can make it until then. 

I would alpreciate any thoughts and input...
    Some spotting in early pregnancy is normal. If it increases or becomes bright red blood call your doctor. Just try to remember: today, you are pregnant.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • It never increased at all; actually, it even stopped some days. There was no heartbeat at the ultrasound. I wish I had pushed the doctors to let me come in sooner and not taken no as an answer. I could have known so much sooner. 
  • Loading the player...
  • LEO09 said
    It never increased at all; actually, it even stopped some days. There was no heartbeat at the ultrasound. I wish I had pushed the doctors to let me come in sooner and not taken no as an answer. I could have known so much sooner. 
    I'm so sorry to hear this @LEO09. I can completely relate as my first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage, I thought I was 12 and 4 when I started having brown spotting and an ultrasound showed baby stopped growing around 8 weeks. It's not fair, it sucks, it's hard, there's nothing I or anyone here can say that will make this better. Take care of yourself. I found comfort with the TCAL girls on the ttgp page after mine. 
    Me: 29  DH: 31, married 6/21/14, TTC since 7/14
    BFP #1 EDD 7/17/15, MMC 1/9/15 @8w
    BFP #2 4/3/15= ectopic treated with methotrexate 5/1, YET ruptured 5/18/15= One Tube Wonder!
    2 Cycles of Femara, Ovidrel, & Progesterone= BFP #3 DS born 5/17/16
    TTC #2 March 2017 (initially med free) 
    BFP #4 8/14/17 *natural cycle* EDD= 4/25/18, MC @5-6w D&C 9/22/17
    BFP #5 12/29/17 w/ Femara/Ovidrel/Progesterone/Synthroid, EDD= 9/11/18 found out 1/18 ITS di/di TWINS!!!
    DS and DD born 8/21/18