Baby Names

Sister for Gianna

edited December 2017 in Baby Names
Hi! Looking for opinions. We are expecting our second baby and debating girl names. For the longest time the only name my husband loved was Genevieve. I would suggest other names and he would just shake his head and say "It's not as good as Genevieve." I think it's beautiful, my only issue is another G name might be a bit much. My husband and I both have S names and I specifically avoided an S name for our first baby even though people said it would be "SO CUTE" if we all had S names. So matching initials are not really my thing (but not a deal breaker either).

Anyway, last week I happened to mention the name Julie/Julia, and to my shock my husband actually really likes it! Juliet is also on the table. What are your thoughts? Middle name is set, it will be Elaine after my grandmother who passed away this year.

TIA!
Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Sister for Gianna 49 votes

Genevieve Elaine
20% 10 votes
Julie Elaine
10% 5 votes
Julia Elaine
32% 16 votes
Juliet Elaine
36% 18 votes

Re: Sister for Gianna

• I voted Julia, it is by far my favorite, though the others are nice too. I just love that it is an ancient Roman name.
  • Julia is more similar than Genevieve imo 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I feel like since you’re using the “j” sound regardless it doesn’t matter which letter...g or j....I vote Genevieve or Juliet :smile: good luck I know it’s hard and people on here are sometimes real opinionated!!! Hahah
  • I like Juliet best since it has a different ending than Gianna. Julia and Gianna are too close IMO.
  • Celeste seems like it is on the same level as Genevieve

• Genevieve is my favorite, but I don’t like it with gianna. And I agree Julia and Gianna are very close too. I think Juliet is the most different - and I like all 3 names
  • I like Juliet best since it has a different ending than Gianna. Julia and Gianna are too close IMO.
    ^WSS. Plus i love the name Juliet, it’s a front runner for me if i have another girl!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Genevieve is so French and Gianna is so Italian. To me, it sounds strange as siblings. Like the next one might be Gretchen...sort of like Epcot. How about another beautiful Italian name:

Sofia
    Francesca
    Bianca
    Carlotta
    Antonia
    Alessandra
    Valentina
    Martina

• J and soft G have similar sounds if you’re trying to avoid sounding alike. 

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My kids both happen to have names that start with T.  We didn't particularly plan it that way -- it just happened that both names we liked were T names.  Occasionally we get asked, "Oh, did you do that on purpose?"  We just explain that we didn't and move on. Honestly, it has not been a big deal for our kids or family.  If you love Genevieve, I wouldn't avoid using it just because you already have a daughter whose name also starts with G.
    High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade