July 2018 Moms

Pregnancy Announcements

Re: Pregnancy Announcements

• @zande2016 we used a big brother shirt to announce when we were expecting DS2. Some people noticed immediately. Others, it took some time. It was kind of funny waiting to see who would figure it out the fastest and watching their reactions. Only my husband's grandma had to be filled in bc she wasn't getting it, but she is also 92.
  • AlyLynn07 said:
    @zande2016 we used a big brother shirt to announce when we were expecting DS2. Some people noticed immediately. Others, it took some time. It was kind of funny waiting to see who would figure it out the fastest and watching their reactions. Only my husband's grandma had to be filled in bc she wasn't getting it, but she is also 92.
    Hmmm I think I am going to have him wear a sweatshirt over the t-shirt, and ask my mom to unzip his sweatshirt when we get there. Then maybe she will notice his shirt. Should be interesting to see if she notices. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you/due date?
    10w.4d, July 2
    2. When will you be announcing to close family/friends?
    We told my immediate family at Thanksgiving and few closest friends. We will announce to my husband's family at Christmas. Our adoptive daughter will wear a big sister shirt and we are going they'll notice, lol!
    3. When are you announcing on social media (if applicable) and how?
    Around 19 weeks. We want to make sure our closest family and friends know first. 
  • 1) How far along: 6w6d
    2) When will you be announcing to close friends/family: Both sets of parents and my sisters already know. We are waiting to tell DH’s siblings and the rest of the family until they are in town for Christmas.
    3) Social Media: Likely on New Years after we’ve had our ultrasound. Not sure how we are going to do it. Since this is definitely our last I’d like it to be cute but we will see if I have ge energy to worry about it.

imageimage

8+5
    all ready told parents, siblings, and super close friends.
    the rest will be announced after first tri. Maybe after genetic testing. 

I’ve been trying to teach DS to point at my tummy when i ask where the baby is. Usually it works but sometimes he’s lazy and does my leg. Oh and it’s more of a poke than a point lol we’ll see how we announce later. 

• 1. How far along are you/due date?  8 weeks.  Due around July 20th But expect it to change once I have my ultrasound. 

2. When will you be announcing to close family/friends?  Around May.  I tend to hold off as long as possible.  Luckily with my third baby (6th pregnancy) I didn't start showing until around 7 months.  I'm hoping this one will be the same hahaha.

3. When are you announcing on social media (if applicable) and how?  I may not announce on social media until he or she is born.  I think it'll be funny!
    I'm 10 w 4 d
    Close friends know already.  Family finds out next weekend.  Oldest son already knows (he was worried about how sick I've been--MS); youngest son will find out literally minutes before we call my parents on Friday or Saturday, because he can't keep a secret.  In-laws are finding out at a family Christmas party on Saturday.  MIL will be opening a gift that has a framed u/s picture in it.  Boys will then take off sweatshirts to reveal Biggest Brother and Big Brother t-shirts.  
    Honestly, if I know my in-laws, it'll be all over social media before I get to "announce." However, I'll likely say something in the day or so after family finds out; I'll be just about 12 weeks by then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

~~Wife to one amazing man~~
    ~~Mama to 3 crazy boys~~
    ~~Wrangler of 2 cats~~
  • 1. 7w1d

2. We told our immediate families right away, and my next door neighbor also knows because I had to ask her for help with DD while I’m on bedrest. For our extended families I’m going to put DD in a big sister shirt for Christmas celebrations. 

3. I don’t know what, if anything I’ll do for social media. I guess eventually I will look pregnant in pictures. 
  • 1) 10 weeks along EDD: 4th of July 2018!!
    2) We already told his whole family but we are waiting to announce it to mine until I go home after the 1st of the year!
    3) I'm announcing it on social media after I tell my close friends and family!! I am planning a cute photoshoot to post
  • @christycalifornia omg they are both so adorable! I love the second one, but both her faces are so cute!
  • @christycalifornia so so so cute! I think I like the second one best because you can see her reaction! 
  • @kissableviv @acunamatada super helpful, thanks. No mater which I like my sisters invariably pick the other! Eyeroll
  • @christycalifornia Your little is soo adorable! I love both, however #1 is my preference. She has this joy in her eyes that is addicting. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I also put the wrong year on #2 :D
  • I still don't know how or when I will announce it. As excited as I am about the pregnancy, it's almost like I don't want to tell anyone at all.  I told my mom, sister, and boss, but that's it. 
    @Crystal321 so.much.this. 
  • @christycalifornia ahh your daughter is BEAUTIFUL! I love that in #1 her eyes look a little mischievous like she is excited to finally blab the big news. And #2 is just plain adorable because of her expression. I am no help.
  • I also put the wrong year on #2 :D
    Gosh, I am useless. Preggo brain in full swing. And my job requires a lot of proofreading .. good luck to me!
  • I told a bunch of people (work friends and college friends) today after we saw the babies again at almost 11 weeks. Now panicking that I did it before we get all the genetic testing back in the next 1-2 weeks and feeling like an idiot. Was just so excited! Tell me I’m not insane...

also @christycalifornia oh my god your daughter is the CUTEST. Both are adorable-her face in #2 is my fav but I feel like you get the message from the book better maybe in #1 but really can’t go wrong 
  • @devilcat139 I'm the same way, I'm just so excited to tell everyone! But I'll be strong and wait for Jan 1st. I'll be 13 weeks on the 30th, and I'll have most results back by then. You're not crazy at all!
  • devilcat139 Tell me I’m not insane...

also @christycalifornia oh my god your daughter is the CUTEST. Both are adorable-her face in #2 is my fav but I feel like you get the message from the book better maybe in #1 but really can’t go wrong 
    You're not insane, I just did the same thing and posted it on social media. I feel like 11 weeks and seeing the baby is good enough!

And that's literally my dilemma! Her surprise face is so cute, but the book is better when she's peeking over! *Eyeroll*
  • @christycalifornia wow that is a TOUGH choice. Good luck making that!  :D I guess the upside is, you can’t lose!! Super cute either way. One of my all time fave books!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @stlmegs SO GOOD. So hoping the movie doesn't suck!
  • @stlmegs SO GOOD. So hoping the movie doesn't suck!
    Me TOO!!!
    Meagan
    <3 Married 6.12.10 <3
    DS 11.8.12
     Baby GIRL! due 7.4.18
  • @christycalifornia love it! So adorable. 

imageimage

• What a cute pic!
  • @christycalifornia those pictures are so precious!!
  • edited December 2017
  • How far along are you/due date? Working on week 9 now. Due date July 25th. 
    2. When will you be announcing to close family/friends? His parents and mine we are telling on christmas eve which will put us at 10 weeks. However we will be very clear when we tell them not to tell anyone whether they know us or not. That we wont share information with them if they break our wishes on this. As for friends will probably wait until 14 weeks if possible! 
    Not sure how yet but probably around 12 or 16 weeks. We will probably take a picture holding a onsie with our two dogs. 
  • amylu914amylu914 member
    edited December 2017
    @lindsayleigh1989 those are both cute but the second one is my fave! 
  • Unfortunately, our pregnancy announcement for my mil will not be opened. She passed away on Tuesday. My husband was able to tell her on Monday that I'm pregnant, which made her smile. We've decided to have the announcement present buried with her. 2 losses in 2 months for our family is hitting us extremely hard. This baby has 2 angels looking over him/her. I am hoping the announcement to my mom will make this feel a bit better. 

Sorry for the downer, ladies. However, I just needed to express this. xoxo

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm so sorry @zombiehoohaa ..sending hugs your way.
  • Oh @zombiehoohaa I am so sorry to hear that. Lots of hugs. 
  • Oh my gosh @zombiehoohaa I am so so sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine. All the hugs. All of them. Thinking of you and your family. 
  • @zombiehoohaa sending you so much love, I'm really sorry:( I had my chemical pregnancy pretty much a year ago and lost my dad 2 weeks later, sometimes you can't catch a break:(