Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday 12/13

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!

You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons

TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________

When do you think you will start TTC?

Any R/R?

GTKY: What is your favorite meal of the day? BONUS: do you have a specific dish you like best?
DS1 born 2/28/16
DS2 due 12/12/18

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday 12/13

• Options
    When do you think you'll start TTC?
    April 2018

R/R: so DS and I made cookies over the weekend, and I used some peppermint extract in the icing. Well my dad and DH think they taste like toothpaste apparently  :( I think they taste good!!

GTKY: I love breakfast! I don't eat it every day, but I do love it. And there's just something about simple scrambled eggs, hash browns, and crispy bacon that just hits the spot. Though I do also love strawberry and cream crepes!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    May/June 2018

Any R/R?
    Still struggling through this cold DD gave me. Why does she seem so spritely and I feel like death warmed over?

GTKY: What is your favorite meal of the day? BONUS: do you have a specific dish you like best?
    Well, I eat the same breakfast nearly every day and I buy lunch at work usually, so I’ll say dinner or dessert. For dessert lately I’ve been doing vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips and some bourbon cream. If you’ve never tried bourbon cream and you enjoy whiskey, I highly recommend it. It’s amazing stuff. The one we have is from buffalo trace.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited December 2017
    @CecilB93 Peppermint icing sounds amazing!  Maybe your DH just has a peppermint aversion. My DH hates pineapple and it bums me out because I love it and love recipes that include it. 

@meggyme Ugh, sorry you have a cold!  And yeah, my DD is a whirlwind of energy even when sick and I can barely get off the couch when I come down with something. I swear a third of her energy could power a small town. Jealous!  Feel better soon!

NEXT MONTH!!!  Woo! I am so excited. I am...not thrilled that I haven't lost the weight I wanted yet, but there's still time left!  Gonna work hard!

Any R/R?
    Don't want to offend anyone by getting political, but I was SO happy about the election last night I cried. Put me in a grateful, happy mood all day.

Breakfast!  I love a breakfast sandwich and eggs of any variety.
  • Options
    @maureenmce I was pretty happy too, quickly followed by wtf when I saw the percentage of white people that voted for him anyway. Talk about blind f-ing loyalty to party lines!
  • Options
    grangerhp37grangerhp37 member
    edited December 2017
    @CecilB93  Cheesecake Factory has a peppermint cheesecake special that H ordered last weekend - he loved it, but I thought it tasted like toothpaste too!

@meggyme What do you eat for breakfast every day? I get to work by 7 and I never eat in the mornings - I know it’s horrible but I just cannot function that early!

@maureenmce  Yay for TTC soon! I also was excited about the election last night and stayed up way too late waiting for results. I was also surprised by how close it was, but I guess there’s still a ton of people in this country that would rather vote for anything than a Democrat...

When do you think you will start TTC? May/June 2018

Any R/R? This week is never ending, but there’s also not enough hours in the day!! Ready for the weekend so I can finally feel caught up. Also I feel like everything in the world lately has me really overwhelmed... politics, school shootings, everything Trump does. I haven’t found a good way to handle it all yet.

GTKY: What is your favorite meal of the day? BONUS: do you have a specific dish you like best? Brunch

ETA: Does TB eat your post when you use emojis? I think that’s what happened after I said Brunch... very abrupt. 
    I also said my favorite dish is probably an omelette with cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, basically lots of veggies. Also bacon (on the side and in the omelette)!
  • Options
    @dogmomma271 we’re gonna be ttc buddies come next summer! I eat yogurt with fruit and some granola most mornings. It would be pretty easy to make the night before in a mason jar or Tupperware, but I just toss it all together in about 5 minutes.

As as for all the bad stuff, I’ve tried to narrow my news source to one or two neutral media outlets (I like USA Today and BBC) and I’ve also become a bit more active in calling my representatives to have my voice heard on certain policies and issues. At least that way I feel like I’m doing what I can to counteract some of it.

And yes, TB doesn’t like emojis besides the ones it lets you put.