TTC after 35

TTCA 35 Weekly Check In : 12/11/17

ndz2018ndz2018 member
edited December 2017 in TTC after 35
Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):

Rants/Raves
:

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition?

What are you thankful for this week?

Re: TTCA 35 Weekly Check In : 12/11/17

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Waiting for IVF

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 34!!  Seriously this is getting absurd now! My last cycles was 35 days and this one seems like it’ll be around the same! I dont Know if it’s the stress of waiting for this cycle to start or what but I’m so annoyed!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatals, Ubiquinol 600mg a day, Vit D, Zinc 

Rants/Raves
    : Other than AF being so abnormally late these last two cycles nothing really. I am still waiting for the ICSI to get approved so maybe it’s a good thing. I’m getting excited and nervous to start this cycle. I used to be pretty normal between 28-32 days. I know Normal is anywhere from like 22-35 days but the anticipation of starting IVF is killing me. 
    Oh and my sleeping has been so off! I have been up since 3:50 this morning and woke up at least 3-4 times to pee and last thur I slept from 10-12:30 then was up pretty much the rest of the night with maybe 30 min here or there between 12:30 and 5am.. think it’s stress but I need my beauty sleep damn it!

Questions for the group: 
    Any ladies notice their cycle change after a certain age? 

Got a few but probably getting our christmas pajamas from my mom on Christmas Eve and going over Christmas morning with them on to open presents To this day (at 37) we still do it!

I’m thankful for my awesome 3 year old niece who stayed overnight at her first hotel this past weekend, when my brother asked who she wanted to call from the room and tell she was at a hotel she choose me :) She was so excited!!! Love that kid can’t wait to pick her up from day care this afternoon!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  WTO - FW is this week

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): My vitamin regimine has changed just a little bit.  There are a few I don't have to take anymore.  I'm currently taking vit D, PNV, ubiquinol, vit C, fish oil, 2 thyroid supplements, and probiotic.  I added the vit C myself because my white blood cell count is a little low so I'm trying to boost it.

Rants/Raves
    Busy week trying to finish up xmas shopping since this is my last full week without the kid at home. Oh and I booked another wedding as of last night for next year.

Questions for the group: 
    Do any of you juice or buy juice?  what brands do you like?  I'm going to sprouts today and get a few to test out to see if I like them.  Mostly looking for veggie juices.

Probably when we take our oldest dog Gabby out for her birthday which is on the 18th to a dog bakery downtown and we also use that time to drive around looking at xmas lights.

Our daughter - I just love her to pieces and this process the 2nd time around has made me really appreciate and cherish her.  She was so easy to make lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @vlagrl29 Love that tradition.
    So we use Green Vibrance to throw in our shakes sometimes it’s packed with a ton of vitamins and can be used in place of veggies. Also they make one for kids If your DD isn’t a huge fan of veggies!
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @vlagrl29 You can get it on Amazon! So instead of buying a TON of veggies you just need one scoop of this.
  • I'll have to check it out @ndz2018 - my doctor said if you drink juice you can get in more servings in 1 day of veggies than you could possibly eat.  She recommended Suja Juice.  I'll need to keep it somewhat affordable too.  Like maybe 1 a day M-F IDK - I just don't want to bother juicing.  My mom did it and said she had to buy a ton of veggies just to get enough to drink and ended up taking it back.
  • @vlagrl29 exactly! One scoop has like a bunch servings of fruits and vegetables! Really good stuff! Cuts out all the fresh produce 

https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Health-Plant-Based-Superfood-Probiotics/dp/B00SK66JZ6
  • jeanobeanjeanobean member
    edited December 2017
    Hi, new here!  I'm 35 and heading down the TTC path for the first time.  I'm learning a lot, and very excited!

Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment)
    : TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):  30 / 8.  My cycles are typically ~35 days, which I think is going to be annoying during this process.  Waiting until DPO10 to test, but I think our timing was off and I am not confident in my OPK reading skills.  So, this cycle is sort of a "practice" cycle for us - I was a bit unprepared.

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):  Pre-natals, intermittent OPK, and not enough temping/charting to be useful.

Rants/Raves
    :  Rave - two weeks until holiday time and going to see my family!  Rant - we have a bathroom remodel going on and my husband just cut a new hole in the bathroom wall that wasn't part of the original plan.  Can't wait for this to be finished!  

Questions for the group:  
    None right now.  

I love christmas music and christmas trees!  We don't have any really crazy traditions, just normal family coziness.  

Vacation days and a job that allows me to take some time off to connect.  And that this year is a year to spend with my family of origin.  My in-laws are fine, but they aren't the same as "my" family.
  • @jeanobean WELCOME!! You’ve joined a great bunch of ladies here! 
    I hear you on the family thing! We usually spend most holidays with my family but this year we did Thanksgiving with his and it just wasn’t the same. I love them but there’s just something about being surrounded by your parents, siblings and cousins,for me at least , that really makes it feel like the holidays 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):  TWW - Testing on Friday so fingers crossed!

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD24/10DPO

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Temping, timing, preseed

Rants/Raves
    : Rant: I know a lot of women (either friends or work) who got pregnant the first cycle DH and I were trying. Their babies are now 2-3 months old and I'm stuck in that place between "I'm so happy for them" and "That should be us instead of heading into cycle 13 of trying". It just seems to take that long for me -- DD took 12 months and I was only 26-27 then (I'm 37 now). 

Rave: DH & I had a really relaxing kid-free weekend (DD was with her dad) and got our Christmas village set up and drove around to see Christmas lights. 

Questions for the group:
    Anyone here a vegetarian? I was for several years and I've been considering becoming one again for health reasons, but I wasn't sure if there were implications for fertility/pregnancy (I was not a vegetarian when I was pregnant with DD (9).

I am one of those crazy "I love Christmas" people so it's so hard to choose! I love decorating the tree, I love driving around and seeing Christmas lights (we just moved from an apartment to a house so we don't have outdoor decor this year, but next year I imagine we'll go all out). 

Right now, I'm really thankful DD is on the mend. She had a rough week of sicknesses back to back last week and is actually home with DH right now recuperating from a bad cold right now but I think she's finally over the worst of it. 
  • @ndz2018 My cycles started to change after 35, but they shortened. I used to run 35-40 days and were really irregular (the cycle I got pregnant with DD was 66 days) and the past six months or so I'm super regular and right at 28 days for the first time in my life. 
  • @jeanobean - I hope your stay is short here.  Welcome!

@radiantfate - it took 1 month for us to conceive DD when I was 30 and now we are month 11 TTCAL and 6 month TTC prior to that so I hear ya on the length!

The garage door motor we bought over the weekend is not syncing up to mine or the other controllers we already have and DH mentioned exchanging it tomorrow night.  I'm over here telling him don't forget this is FW and we have to have sex several times this week.  Oh how times have changed!
  • @vlagrl29 Sex first, garage door second! 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): Waiting for next cycle so can start BC lol

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD 2 - good times!

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Prenatal, Ubiquinol, Wheatgrass supplements, Vit D, B6

Rants/Raves
    : Loving the holiday season!

What are you thankful for this week? Thankful for family, friends and all the ladies on these boards that "get it" :) 

@radiantfate I'm a vegetarian :) 

@jeanobean Welcome!

@ndz2018 I use something like what you add to your shakes called "Amazing Grass". Just started taking wheatgrass supplements when don't do shakes. So much easier than trying to get all those veggies in!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• so I bought a few bottles of suja so I can decide on one I like the best.  Todays is Uber green - this one probably won't be my fav.
  • WOOHOO OUR ICSI WAS APPROVED!! Now if AF would just show up we can get this show on the road!
  • @ndz2018 YAY!!! Awesome news!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Yeah!!! @ndz2018 lets get the party started!
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment): TWW

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable): CD24 10pIUI

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?): Same as usual I go in for Beta Friday but when I wiped this morning I had 2 small drops of red blood so I'm pretty sure AF should be here in a few days. 

Rants/Raves
    : it's like some joke that everyone is pregnant but me why the hell is it so hard.

Questions for the group:

GTKY: What is your favorite holiday tradition? We go to Peddlers Village every year it's like a a little town with small shops they have it all decorated with lights and we always go and buy a decoration for our tree. We've been doing it every year since I was 5. We still do it as a family but now we have husband's or significant others that join us. We are going on Sunday I just hope I'm feeling up to it bc I will then know for sure if this cycle worked and sometimes I just want to be alone for a few days.

What are you thankful for this week? My furkids they keep me busy and know how to make me feel better when I'm not having a good day.
  • Sorry for the blood :(@Labluver2

the goal for us is to start BD tonight. My ewcm isn't starting as early as it did last month so I'll probably use the pre seed insert tonight.
  • @Labluver2 FX AF stays away! 10piui is still early, so hopefully it's just a fluke :smile:
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @Labluver2 I’m sorry that AF may be starting. Let’s hope not!! and I know the feeling oh too well that everyone seems to be pregnant around you and it feels like a cruel joke. I’m so very sorry.

Guys I just spoke to my nurse and she said to give AF a few more days and if by Thur it’s not here they will bring me in for bloodwork and ultrasound to see what’s going on and may give me something to bring it on! Also I asked What if the egg retrieval date winds up being in christmas? She told me That two of their offices one is close to our place up north and the other is close to our shore house are both open for egg retrieval’s that day! So where every we are that day we will Be Just fine!
  • @ndz2018 That's wonderfu news!! Hopefully AF shows quickly, so you can get this show on the road! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• It can be  tricky with the holidays @ndz2018 so I'm glad your office is open!

I got an email from my naturopath that my omega fats are in much better range yea!!  I can check that and vit D off the list.  Only t3t4 and white blood cell count.  I get just thyroid check after the holidays.
  • Thanks for the nice welcomes!  I hope my time here is short too :)

Any generic advice for someone new to this?  Anything you wished you were doing from the start, but added in later?  I've read up on the basics, have no known issues, and my plan is to do a fully cycle of charting and OPKs as soon as I get AF, and work on timing.  I'm looking at the sperm meets egg plan, but modified a little because my cycles are on the longer side. I'm also taking a PN multivitamin and cleaning up my diet (which wasn't terrible) and CoQ10. If not successful after 5 cycles, it will be doctor time.

As you can see, I like to have a plan - but I'll try to remain flexible since there is so much out of my control!
  • my best advice is to not get negative.  Looking back I was always negative and feeding those thoughts into your head is not good.  I'm actually quite peaceful now and content. @jeanobean
  • @jeannabean I love your way of thinking and it's exactly how you have to think with all of this stuff! Sounds like you are off to a good start with everything. I use app's to track ovulation / periods. Most you can customize to your own cycle times and some will adjust as you log monthly. For me it's handy at least to at least have an idea of where I am in my cycle. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    Sooooo I kinda saw this doggie that was going to be euthanized at a shelter because he was old and has kennel cough on Tue night and literally was HYSTERICALLY crying about him( now mind you I do This often) but this time I showed The Man Of then house and he looked at his poor old little face and said we can’t let him die there like that. So I contacted a rescue and guess who decided to become a foster dog mommy to a very old and sick dog while she’s PMSing and about to go through IVF?? YUP THIS GIRL!! Drove to NYC during rush hour to save this lil dude now that’s love! His shelter name is Escobar but idk I’m trying to think about another name for This lil dude 
  • Status (WTO/TWW/Benched/in process of testing or treatment):
    TWW. HPT on Monday, FX!

CD, CD/DPO (if applicable):
    CD25/6DPO 

What are you doing this cycle? (Testing? Treatment? Vitamins/supplements?):
    Temping, OPKs, Femara, prenatals + prenatal DHA (fish oil), folic acid, vitamin C & D, B12 shots, monitoring progesterone levels, etc. 

Rants/Raves: 
    I wasn't paying attention to the calendar and went out of town to visit in-laws and realized that I was supposed to be checking my progesterone level on CD 21-23, well 21&22 were Saturday and Sunday and then CD 23 was Monday, but we were still out of town. So I called my OB and after a lot of explaining, the nurse said "oh, we can send a lab order into LabCorp!" ... Whew! I was happy we could work that out. Still waiting for results. 

Rant: why is the phone version of this site so annoying!? I can't put my response in here how'd I like. Oh well!

Questions for the group: 
    Does anyone here use Kwan Loong oil for sore muscles, etc.? I just got really scared last night when I used it on my foot and knee (I have traumatic plantar fasciitis) and my acupuncturist gave it to me to use for my sore heel/knee and back, but I thought all of a sudden about it being safe during pregnancy, so I checked the box and it says contraindicated during pregnancy. I tried to search for it online and one site claims it's a drug class X, another site claimed drug class B. I'm just really nervous I may have caused an issue since it's an analgesic liquid that absorbs through the skin, it's very potent. Any thoughts? I'll check with my doctor and acupuncturist too, but just figured I'd ask here too. We worked so hard this cycle to try to make sure everything was perfect and I didn't even think about that...

I love the holidays, I've lost my mom and closest aunt (who was like a 2nd mother) at such a young age and they both loved Christmas, so it reminds me of them and the all the warm memories we shared. Family is so important these days as my family has gotten so small. My grandma (their mother, who's 90!!!!) is currently in rehab after a stint in the hospital, so I will bring Christmas to her, since it was always so special to our family! I also love to do cookie exchanges with friends and seeing Christmas lights. Our DS is just the right age (almost 3) now to really start enjoying the sights, sounds and tastes of the holidays and have really been enjoying that with him and DH! :) 

Thankful that my grandma is recovering well and should be getting out of rehab soon! Also grateful that we have the means to travel to make sure we can see our families for Christmas (traveling to see in-laws 3 hours away, home for Christmas day and will visit my grandma and then off to visit my dad & stepmom + stepsister and her family 6 hours away, my dad & stepmom just moved there to help her out with her baby). And thankful for you all to help us through these trying times!!!!
    ----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • oh my heart @ndz2018 - what a gift you are to that dog.  Pulled on my heart strings reading that.
  • mdogan29mdogan29 member
    edited December 2017
    @ndz2018 - congrats!! Hope that AF shows up soon!! I'm 40 and mine has been wacky my whole life. It's actually the most predictable it's ever been the past 7 months or so, but I was on birth control for a few months after having DS to try to regulate my cycles again. I used to have super long cycles, but I'm currently averaging 29-31 days. Love the PJ tradition! :) And that's so cute about your niece!! 
    Ohhhh my goodness, look at that sweet puppy face!!! That was so nice of you to rescue him! Think of any names yet? He looks too sweet for the name they gave him! Maybe a Lucky (b/c you saved him just in time!) or Bandit (b/c he stole your heart!) or Sparky (b/c he looks like he still has some good life in him!) or maybe Charlie or Rosco! :) Just sharing some ideas.

@vlagrl29 - FX for you!! That's a sweet tradition too! :) I've tried to do juicing myself with fresh produce but it never tastes anywhere as good as when I get it from Harmony Farms juice bar (in the back of their little health food store), they make them fresh in their industrial sized juicer. My gym has pretty good smoothies too (lifetime fitness). Good luck with that!

@jeanobean - welcome and good luck! Maybe it'll happen this cycle even as a practice cycle! ;) 
    I use the Ovia app to track my cycles and just started using Fertility Friend again this cycle to track and chart temps, etc. It's very comprehensive, even the free version and I can compare it to my chart last time with DS. Other than that, I made sure my levels were good before starting to TTC again (thyroid, vit D and folic acid, etc., blood work in general) and try to follow a healthier diet. I also feel that acupuncture helped me last time as well. It supposedly helps with fertility, but also helps me stay calm during what can be a stressful time! :)

@radiantfate - FX for you!!! 2 days!! 
    It took us 14 months to get pregnant first time around. This time I've been prepping all year (to lose weight, get meds/supplements in check and for birthdate timing) to start this current cycle, so we'll see how long it takes this time! 

@Labluver2 - could it be implantation bleeding?? I never know when that's supposed to happen. Thinking positive thoughts for you!! FX!
    Love those furbabies! They know just when we need extra snuggles!! 

----
    ME: 40, DH: 44, stopped BCPS 1/2013, TTC #1 2/2013, AMH 0.4, started acupuncture: 7/2013,
    BFP: 10/07/2013; MC 10/15/2013 @ 7 wks (natural), focused on health issues for 7 months.
    TTC again: 6/2014, 2nd round Letrozole, BFP 7/7/2014!!! --- EDD 3/18/2015!!! DS born 3/13/2015
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @vlagrl29 he’s the sweetest little old man! Last night was a rough night for him. As he just came out of the shelter, is very very sick(coughing) and in a new home. I tried to feed him liverwaurst and chicken but he only at a little. When I woke Up this morning I got him up to go out and I wasn’t fully dressed yet so he peed on the kitchen floor, hey the way I see It is at least it was the kitchen and not the rug !! So I just Cleaned it up didn’t make a big deal over it and we went on out little morning walk.
    Unfortunately I had to take my little chi mix to my mothers Bc kennel cough is ridiculously contagious so looks like my lil dude will be at my moms for the next 10 days, then I have to SUPER CLEAN this place. I’m already armed with bleach, Lysol, Lysol wipes and many other cleaning supplies lol! 
    What matters the most is he would’ve died yesterday had I not went and got him, like I said I do this often and most of the time I get vetoed IMMEDIATELY but we both saw this lil old man and just knew that even if it’s for a short time he WILL know what LOVE is and he will be unbelievablly spoiled here! We just could not let him die! I even took off work today and tomorrow lol
  • @mdogan29 My H is such a snob with dog names! I’ve tried Samson but that got shot down too. He like unique names for his dogs. 
    Open to more suggestions!! 
  • @ndz2018 You're new doggie is adorable!!! He's such a luckly little guy! Do you have any other dogs or animals? Don't know what I'd do without a house full! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @ndz2018 Hmmm.... my husband is picky about names too! Does he like names like Apollo or Orion? Maybe Caspian? They're more unique! :smiley: Name suggestions: Orion, Caspian, Loki, Thor, Apollo, Jett, Gambit, Griff or Griffin/Gryphon, Finnegan (Finn), Neo, Maximus, Zeus, Strider... I could probably come up with more, but see if you guys like any of those! :smile:
    ----
  • @mlogan29 AWWW LOKI! Our Golden who passed away a year ago was named Odin!!  
    I’m gonna pitch some of those names to him! I was thinking about watching It’s a Wonderful Life later and since he’s such a little angel, Clarence came to mind lol. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited December 2017
    @kristimh80 I do, we have a little chi mix. And are in the midst are looking for another Golden. Also I’m just fostering him, whether I’m a foster failure or not is TBD.
  • @ndz2018 OMG this litterally make me start sobbing. Maybe I'm just overly emotional right now but thank you for saving this little old senior dog. I foster as well and it's the most rewarding thingbin the worldm. My Mimi came to me that way I saw her and needed to foster her she was skin and bones and severely abused she came at 20lbs she's a full grown pit boxer she should have been 50 at least and a broken back leg. I fostered her and got her well she needed a month of strict crate rest for her leg and she slowly gained wait. Few months later she was ok to be spayed and adopted but I couldn't part with her so she became number 6 in my pack. She's now 55lbs and a big love bug. I just knew she was meant to be with me. I bet you foster fail this one but it won't be a fail to him he prob thinks he's hit the jackpot.

AFM AF showed this morning so 6iui was a bust and I've decided not to try anymore just let nature takes it's course. We've spend enough money I can say we gave it a good shot and now we will just try naturally and look into adoption. I will try opk and temping just to kind of get back in sinc with my body. I'm also going to add evening prime Rose cd1 thru ovulation and preseed as sometimes I don't have alot of fertile fluid other times I have a ton. Other than that I'll still continue to take my supplements and leave the rest to GOD. 
  • All of my whats to my body this month. AF showed up 4 days early. Guess we're on to month #13 :(

@ndz2018 What a sweet face that pupper has! What a blessing you are to him <3 
  • So sorry @labluver2 for AF :(  I'm glad you feel at peace with IUIs and going natural as well as looking into adoption.  I almost started taking evening primrose but I didn't want to BSC with tracking my O for it.  I get good EWCM anyways.  We started BD last night for the 12 days of sex-mas I told DH lol.  I went ahead and used the pre seed insert after my shower.  Came back to the living room and DH was asleep!  I woke him up and we got to business.  Welcome back to TTC natural like myself :)

Sorry @radiantfate for AF - we are on month 11 TTCAL.  Sometimes I just am like "wtf why is it not happening" then I remember to have faith and keep a positive mind that it will happen.  Not easy but I feel I have control with how I eat, think, and stay active.  To me that is a better way to control the situation than going BSC with OPKs and temps and what not.  Never again I tell you!  I'm in a happy spot.

@ndz2018 - will anything help the kennel cough?  We named our pup lucky because we felt lucky to have her.  I was putting all my puppy thought out there to the universe and it happened and when I realized we were getting her I cried!
  • @vlagirl29 I like the way you think :) I've been temping for years, but we've only been doing OPKs the past few months and it's maddening sometimes!