August 2018 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday

Who or what is being a Twatwaffle today?

*Siggy Warning*
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday

• Options
    hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    edited December 2017
    My husband, who is a self proclaimed grinch. He refuses to turn on any of the Christmas lights I work to put up, even though he knows how happy it makes me to see them and how magical they are for DS. Flip the switch dangit. It takes two seconds of effort. 

Eta: it’s rare that he’s home before me so I usually turn them on. Yesterday was an exception, and I was so bummed when I pulled up to the house and nothing was on. 

August '18 March Siggy Challenge - You had ONE JOB

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Dunkin' Donuts who gave me a totally wrong coffee this morning. Definitely a first world problem but you mess with my coffee, you mess with me. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The Bump, for all these ridiculous ads. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    My students. They know they have 3 days after today until they have like 16 days off. It is getting ridiculous to try and teach anything.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• Options
    My intern. I have zero patience right now for her not understanding anything. But also maybe that means I'm the twatwaffle?
    Me: 28, DH: 40
    Married 9/28/13
    DS born 11/12/15
    EDD 8/13/18
  • Options
    My students. They know they have 3 days after today until they have like 16 days off. It is getting ridiculous to try and teach anything.
    We still have the rest of this week and all next week but they are still checked out.

AND I have parents who are pulling their kids for vacation a week before break starts.  Can't you wait for break? Now I have to make more work for myself to make copies of work for them to do that I GUARANTEE they won't hand in.  

So those parents are my twatwaffle. 

• Options
    Love-its to everyone for dealing with the TWs today

Mine is the guy driving the service van this morning that decided the stopped school bus with flashing red lights and big ass stop signs were meant for everyone but him. Not much get me as stabby as people who disregard school bus stops.
    Aug '18 Siggy Challenge - April Showers

Me: 37   Him: 38
    Married 11.07.2015

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I wrote to this one partner I do a lot of work for to remind him (for the like 15th time) that I will be out on Friday and Monday and will thus need someone to handle this filing on Monday. He responded "I will be in depos on Thursday and Friday and [other lawyer on case] has a mediation on Friday." Umm, cool story, but I am still leaving Friday morning for my honeymoon, so someone needs to handle this filing on Monday. 
    *TTC History*

Me: 37, MH: 38; Married August 2017

TTC #1 October 2017: BFP on 12/1/2017, DD born 7/24/2018 @ 37+1 after induction due to preeclampsia

TTC #2 January 2020: AMA, dx with DOR in May 2020

IVF July 2020: 16 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 12 fertilized, 3 blasts, 2 PGT-A normal

FET 10/7/20: BFP on 10/12/20!!! (EDD 6/25/21); First beta 10/16/20 (9dpt): 148; Second beta 10/19/20 (12dpt): 621; Third beta 10/26/20 (19dpt): 4732; Fourth (and final!) beta 11/2/20 (26 dpt): 22,000+

• Options
    @msmonalisavito I HATE that. We don't have many checking them out early for the holiday, but we do have about 1/3 of our population that goes to Mexico for a 1-3 months of the school year. THAT is a disaster, and I hate when they come back. I am required to exempt them from everything they missed. So its like back filling the entire Trimester each day. 

• Options
    I wrote to this one partner I do a lot of work for to remind him (for the like 15th time) that I will be out on Friday and Monday and will thus need someone to handle this filing on Monday. He responded "I will be in depos on Thursday and Friday and [other lawyer on case] has a mediation on Friday." Umm, cool story, but I am still leaving Friday morning for my honeymoon, so someone needs to handle this filing on Monday. 
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but in those situations I rely on a junior/mentee and my assistant to get it done. And then lunch is on me at some point the following week. I usually end up monitoring over email to correct any mistakes, if necessary, but it beats having to be in the office every time there is a filing deadline. 
  • Options
    @princesslockness I almost typed "troll" and hit post. But, then I didn't have the energy for the follow through.
  • Options
    Adding a second TW. One off posts. I know we are still a young BMB, but I am unable to be nice today. So I am staying away. 
    Did I miss something?
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    Adding a second TW. One off posts. I know we are still a young BMB, but I am unable to be nice today. So I am staying away. 
    Did I miss something?
    IGNORE ME I'm way to tired to be bumping today apparently. I was reading TW as trigger Opps

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat I think of TW as short for twatwaffle too

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat I think of TW as short for twatwaffle too
    I think she thought I was using TW as a 'trigger warning' instead of Twat Waffle. That is its typical use on TB, but I thought in the TWT thread it would be understood that is was for a Twat Waffle. I am tired, and grumpy as E didn't sleep well, so please ignore this if it comes off as brusk or grouchy. 

• Options
    No, it doesn’t. Apparently my reading comprehension is lost today because I definitely read both of her posts and should have connected that she figured it out herself. I’ll try to keep my derp to a minimum now lol

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @hardlyhannah HAHA pregnancy brain already

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    DH and I are hosting a holiday party at our home this weekend. My energy level is at an all time low and just opening the fridge makes me sick to my stomach. How on earth am I supposed to get the entire house ready and cook/bake for 30 ppl?!? What really gets my gripe is that about 12 friends (not included in the 30 yes) rsvpd with a maybe- I'd like to cancel at this point- too late?!!
  • Options
    jessmb14 said:
    DH and I are hosting a holiday party at our home this weekend. My energy level is at an all time low and just opening the fridge makes me sick to my stomach. How on earth am I supposed to get the entire house ready and cook/bake for 30 ppl?!? What really gets my gripe is that about 12 friends (not included in the 30 yes) rsvpd with a maybe- I'd like to cancel at this point- too late?!!
    Can you hire a caterer to take care of the food?

• Options
    jessmb14jessmb14 member
    edited December 2017
    @msmonalisavito, I am having a portion of it catered-thank goodness. But now especially with baby on the way we are trying to stick to a budget.
    ps- are you up with insomnia as well?!?
  • Options
    jessmb14 said:
    @msmonalisavito, I am having a portion of it catered-thank goodness. But now especially with baby on the way we are trying to stick to a budget.
    ps- are you up with insomnia as well?!?
    No, I just have to be up this early in order to get my kids ready for the day and get my butt to work.  

Sometimes, I think ill never get to sleep normally again