1st Trimester

Subchorionic Hemorrhage

I've seen in posts from far back as 2015 about Subchorionic Hemorrhages. Has anyone recently experienced one?

I began bleeding at week 5. (week before Thanksgiving) Nothing major, mainly after wiping after urinating. I had an ultrasound done and the hemorrhage was detected. At the time I was not told the name of it. Just that there was one.

I had a second ultrasound week 6, the day before Thanksgiving, hemorrhage was still visible. Though the Tech showed me the baby and I listened to the baby's BPM which eased my mind some.

I had my third ultrasound this past week, (8) still visible hemorrhage, tho the past week the bleeding has been minimal, almost non-existent till last night. I also had my first prenatal appointment Friday December 8th, which went smoothly. 

I am on a doctor reprieve till after the New Year! Then my next appointment and another ultrasound.  

I know most say these hemorrhages are common and tend to go away on their own. Still, does not help the nerves. Which is why I am thankful for this group and being within a community that understands what we are going through. So thank you!

Re: Subchorionic Hemorrhage

• I had one with my twins (born September 2016) and I have one now. The variety of answers/levels of concern varies quite widely from provider to provider. It's very much a wait and see kind of thing. I hope yours clears up soon. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank You for your reply. That has been my thought process in it. I have been taking it day by day and not overly stressing. I am glad things worked out well for you. Thank You for your kind words. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I had one around 5 wks too (~3 wks ago) the doc said it was small but sure enough i started spotting brown 2 days later. It last 3 days and accompanied with cramping. I only “rested” the first day but would of gone longer of it got worse. I have my follow up tomorrow morning and hoping it has passed. 
    To add I spotted all first tri with my son and was on bedrest the entire time. Everything turned out ok.
  • I have had 3 this pregnancy. 
    TW
    I bled A LOT. I gushed blood onto the floor in puddles each time they bled out. My last one was almost 9cm big. I have been on light bed rest my entire pregnancy. But it did absorb around 18-20w. I am now 27w3d. Just follow your doctor's advice. 
  • How long does your bleeding, etc last with these?  I have had discharge/bleeding/something for 2 weeks now. At least a little every day mostly when wiping like OP said. Doctor’s Office wouldn’t let me in early, though. I hope things clear up for you soon. Waiting is the worst...
  • LEO09 said:
    How long does your bleeding, etc last with these?  I have had discharge/bleeding/something for 2 weeks now. At least a little every day mostly when wiping like OP said. Doctor’s Office wouldn’t let me in early, though. I hope things clear up for you soon. Waiting is the worst...
    Depends on how big it is. Bleeding could also be something else if you haven’t been told it’s SCH. They are pretty common though.
    I spotted 3 days 3 wks ago and another ultrasound shows i still have a bit but doc seem to feel it will just be absorbed in time.
  • @LEO09 With my last SCH i bles heavily for 2-3 days, and spotted for 5 weeks. It is dependent on many factors.