June 2018 Moms
Options

Due the Second Week of June? Join us! (12/7 thread)

Hey ladies!  If you're due June 8 - 14th, come chat with us!

Questions of the week:

Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet?

Have you finished (or started) your Christmas shopping?

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year?

Anything else to chat about?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
Third Son - due June 9, 2018

Re: Due the Second Week of June? Join us! (12/7 thread)

• Options
    Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet?  I haven't said anything on Facebook, but I'm not much of a Facebook poster anyway.  We'll probably announce there when we find out boy/girl.  Everyone else knows - telling them as we see them.

Have you finished (or started) your Christmas shopping?  I'm so freaking behind this year.  I've bought DH 2 small things and DS1 one toy.  Nothing yet for DS2.  We're looking at getting them scooters, which would be the main big gift.  But I need to get on the ball for shopping for everyone in general.

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year?  To be completely moved in to the new house and have it be organized.  I'm doubtful that will be accomplished since we aren't moving until the 17th.

Anything else to chat about?  It's been 7 days since blood work... I really hope the results come in sooner rather than later.  They're supposed to mail us the sex and I'm out of town for work Sunday - Thursday next week.  So if we don't find out by Saturday that means a whole week of waiting...

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
  • Options
    Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)! Has anyone not spilled the beans yet? YAY 2nd Tri! I did the final spill on social media the day before Thanksgiving, DH posted on his on Thanksgiving day. I used the video of a timeline of our relationship (meet, fall in love, graduate, proposal, house, wedding, baby). Although the picture got more of a response.

Have you finished (or started) your Christmas shopping? I'm a little more than half done, I have 6 more gifts.

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year?  I just want to see my family. We missed Christmas in our hometowns last year, I was unemployed and we had seen everyone at our wedding in August. So we stayed here. Flights to my hometown are about $400 per person round trip if you get them early. This year it looks like I'm going alone, DH doesn't want to spend the money. His gift to me is my flight, because we can't afford it. In addition to the saving for baby (now and $1,600 medical copays due by 20 weeks for L & D), my husband got hit by an uninsured drunk driver early this year so we had to pay a huge deductible to get the car fix, needed new tires and battery the last 2 months, and we lost our second car in Hurricane Harvey (my husband lost about $6,000 in income due to an event being canceled after the storm and I lost 2 days pay bc my boss is an ass). The car we lost was paid off and we have yet to find a replacement with the money we were giving from the insurance company, so we are making due with one car and my husband's work van. Not to forget I was unemployed the first 3 months of this year. Financially its been a hard year, we'll get through it slowly things are getting back to normal. (sorry for the long story)

Anything else to chat about? that's it
    Me:27 DH: 31 Married Since: 08/2016
    TTC: 08/2017 EDD: 6/11/2018 FTM
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet? 
    We have told very few people. I had to be cleared by cardiology from my OB and had our very first ultrasound last week. I was so afraid it was just going to be a mean joke and be told there was no baby in there. My mom, my aunt and about 4 close friends know. Now that we know everything is ok, I will be telling my dad (who lives out of town but will be here) this weekend, the boyfriends parents and my boss. I'm kinda stressed about the boss part. This Sunday we are taking some photos to announce. 

Started. Maybe halfway done. 100% done online.  Germs, crowded places, crazy people. No thanks

I'd really love one of those robot vacuums for hard wood floors.

I had to take a whole Unisom last night instead of my typical half due to feeling so sick yesterday. I hate the way it makes me feel but I couldn't deal with being so sick. Hoping this is one last hoorah of the first trimester before that whole feeling great stuff kicks in. Please please please let it kick in soon. 
  • Options
    Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet? I definitely consider myself "public" about this pregnancy, but I haven't necessarily announced to everyone. A huge part of this is that we're trying to save the extended family announcement for Christmas, when we can do it in person. I also have a few remaining coworkers I'm going to tell at an event tomorrow. But if anyone asked, I would tell.

Have you finished (or started) your Christmas shopping? This question is giving me a panic attack. I am usually done by this time and I literally haven't even started. I do know what our "big" gift for our son is going to be, at least...I just need to order it.

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year? There's no cool "stuff" I really want...I've asked for really boring stuff like new measuring cups and spoons (which, to be honest, I am actually pretty pumped for, haha). I'm mostly just looking forward to relaxing and hanging out with family. Though @amys614...I would totally take a Roomba!! I think it would really freak my dog out, though.

Anything else to chat about? I think my wild zit face might finally be clearing up a bit, guys. Please, please let this be the case. I'd like to look less teenager-y by Christmas.
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • Options
    @ffw0617 - Here's to 2018 being more financially stable. You deserve it!  That's a lot for one family to endure.

@amys614 - Do you mind if I ask why you had to be cleared by cardiology?  Do you have a heart defect?  Also, congrats on being cleared.  And a Roomba would be amazing.  :)

@MoonOverGoldsboro - I'm totally into practical gifts.  With the new house I want wall clocks and new bake ware.  Also picture frames for the kids school pictures that we haven't hung.  We already got a new coffee pot that we're waiting to open when we move.    

First Son - born 2013
  • Options
    @mytinc I have SVT. Before starting medication, I'd have episodes where my heart rate would shoot up to the 170s and 180s with shortness of breath and dizziness. I was started on a beta blocker over a year ago. While the one I'm on is one they typically feel comfortable with in pregnancy, they wanted the cardiologists  stamp of approval and also someone familiar to me as SVT tends to act up more towards the end of pregnancy. Beta blockers sometimes lead to a lower birth weight too. Not always.  But it definitely added to my fear for the first ultrasound to make sure everything was growing appropriately. Baby was measuring perfect so that was a relief! I will need 3 extra ultrasounds to check growth throughout my pregnancy. 
  • Options
    I'm familiar with SVT.  Our son had a few episodes during his first month (he has other heart issues, but the SVT didn't stick around). So scary.  I'm glad it's something that is manageable during pregnancy and that things are progressing normally for you!

First Son - born 2013
  • Options
    @mytinc heart issues in babies are so scary. My best friends son was born with tetrology of fallot. He had open heart surgery at 4 months. He is now a VERY active and rambunctious 5 year old. I admired her strength so much during that. I hope your son is doing well!
  • Options
    @amy614 - I don't know if you can see my signature, but my son has HLHS and DORV.  His first open heart was at 5 days old.  They think his SVT was from the line that provided his heart medication "tickling" his heart (it went up through the umbilical cord directly to his heart and was removed during the first surgery).  He's had two more open heart surgeries since then as well as multiple caths.  He turned 3 in September and you'd never know he was a heart warrior.  They are amazing and can overcome so much.  I'm glad your friend's son is doing so great as well.  <3 

First Son - born 2013
  • Options
    Questions of the week:

Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet? - Due 6/9.  I've told close friends/family.  I told work this week but no fb announcement or anything.   I keep putting it off.  I was going to do it for Thanksgiving and that came and went, ha.  The longer I wait the less I feel the urge to. 

Have you finished (or started) your Christmas shopping?  I'm about 1/2 way done.  DD is done but I haven't done much for the rest of the fam yet.  Not doing any crazy shopping this year. 

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year? Eh, nothing really.  A new bag I suppose that I know my mom got me, so that's cool. 
  • Options
    Second Trimester is here (weeks 13 - 28)!  Has anyone not spilled the beans yet? Most of our family knew right away.  I miscarried in April during my second trimester and they were a huge support system for us, so I just couldn't keep the secret.  We haven't announced anything on Facebook. I totally understand @kmurdock925 not really feeling the urge to.  The people that we are close to know and that's all I need:)

I did most of my Christmas shopping during Cyber Monday!  I'm so proud of myself, I'm usually running around on the 23rd trying pick things out for people.

What one thing do you want for Christmas this year? We just bought a new house that needs a lot of renovations.  So I would like some elves to come do that for me.

• Options
    msangeeymsangeey member
    edited December 2017
    We have not announced our pregnancy yet. We are likely going to wait until around Valentine’s Day. Our parents know and my boss, but that’s about it. 

Sadly I have not begun Christmas shopping. I like living dangerously by shopping the week.... or let’s be honest the day before lol. 

The one thing I want for Christmas is to hold a healthy baby in my arms next spring! 

Topic to chat about; who did cell free testing and what were your results, baby movements who’s feeling them, etc..
  • Options
    kellybean607kellybean607 member
    edited December 2017
    We spilled the beans the second we saw the 12 week ultrasound
  • Options
    Omg it keeps cutting my answers shorter and shorter. I don’t know what’s happening - I answered all the questions twice and it keeps ending up with literally just that sentence above. I give up and blame it on pregnancy brain
  • Options
    We spilled the beans about 7 weeks ago lol. 

I finished up stocking gifts last weekend when we went out of town.  We had everything else bought at the beginning of November, I'm too anxious to wait until the last minute.

I don't get anything for holidays and I've pretty much come to terms with it. I'll be lucky if dh picks up some jerkey or scratch offs for my stocking (what's what I normally put in his.
  • Options
    @kellybean607 ~ If you are using emojis that are not supported by the Bump, then it cuts off your post 
  • Options
    We have. It's a miracle we (and family) lasted that long ;)

FINISHED! Waiting on Amazon things

Flutters! I'll be 16 weeks on Xmas and some say they felt flutters around then, so I'm hoping.
    This one gave me morning sickness for Thanksgiving, it'd be great for flutters at xmas :)

Is seeing an OB vs your regular doctor for prenatal exams any different? Like am I going to go into different things with OB, or is it pretty much like regular prenatal appt?
    Also, I know people have said not to buy too much "newborn" sized things. There's recently some plain onsies that are 0-3 months, are those good to buy? Is there something else I should look at?
  • Options
    MissKittyDanger  - 0-3 should last you a bit longer.  Newborn size, unless you have a tiny peanut, will only last a week or maybe 2. 
  • Options
    @kmurdock925 That's what I was thinking. Myself and my husband were about the 7lb size and by 3 months, I was a fatty {I refer to myself as Jabba the Hut lmao}
    Does the 0-3 cover newborn somewhat also?
  • Options

@misskittydanger - Depending on your kid and the brand it could.  My 1st was 8 lbs and 1 oz and the Carters NB onesie I tried to put on her in the hospital BARELY fit...she wore it once and was done...so for me, Carters 0-3 were fine from day 1.  Carters tends to run a little small.  Primary (love) is pretty true to size, I don't remember for the Cat and Jack (target) infant section but toddlers is pretty true to size.  Geranimals (walmart) is a little big, Jumping bean (Kohls) is pretty true to size/slightly big.

TLDR: It is safe to get a decent bit of 0-3

• Options
    @kmurdock925 We figured we're probably going to purchase a 'bring home' outfit closer to due date to get better idea on baby size, but you make a lot of sense about sizing varying. It happens to adult and kid stuff, why not babies? Thanks for the insight! :) 
  • Options
    everyone don't forget the baby hats for the hospital & bring home outfit. There may not be any hair, or a weird hair line or a weird shape head. Those little baby beanies can really save those hospital pi
  • Options
    pictures*
  • Options

@mytinc @kmurdock925 @cheer32full-2 I thought I would wait to announce on FB till we knew the gender (or maybe not at all), but one night I just got it into my head that I wanted everyone to know and then I couldn’t wait haha

@ffw0617 I’m really glad you get to be with your family.  I’m very fortunate to live close to mine, I don’t know what I’d do without them.

@amys614 I’m so glad your ultrasound went well and you’re feeling confident to start telling people now.  I was really worried for a long time, it’s such an awful feeling.

@MoonOverGoldsboro I bought myself new measuring cups and spoons not that long ago and I was so flipping excited!  There’s nothing like getting and organizing nice kitchen stuff!

All our beans are spilled.  My immediate family knew a few days after I found out, more extended family and friends found out after our 12 week ultrasound, and I announced on fb a week or two ago.  It's really nice not having it be a secret from anyone!

We don't celebrate Christmas so I'm one of the few that get to just chill this month haha

Not Christmas related but I am dying to clean out our garage.  Anything and everything ends up getting thrown in there and it's full of about 6 years worth of junk and cardboard boxes.  I keep trying to clean it but it's about a 3 month job and it fills back up faster than I can clean it out!  And now it's so cold out I don't want to do it at all :(

I think I am officially starting to show a little!  I'm 14 weeks (FTM) but I have a pretty flat tummy and so I'm starting to notice the pooch.  It's so exciting!  I might even put up a pic for HDBD this week, even though I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who will see anything lol

Me: 32 | DH: 36

Married June 2005

1/2016 - TTC#1

4/2017 - Initial RE visit, Dx: Severe MFI (Varicocele, 14% motility, 3% progression, but normal count)

7/2017 - Stage 3 endometriosis discovered during laparoscopic removal of ovarian cyst

9/27/2017 - BFP at 10dpo (cycle 22), baby boy due June 9, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We told everyone on Thanksgiving. We just couldn't keep the secret anymore lol
    We are almost finished with our shopping. I am having a horrible time finding gifts for DH this year so I am really dragging my feet.
    I really want a wedding band. We have been married awhile but I could never decide on one so I have been hinting for DH to pick one for me this year. I may have seen on our bank account that he bought something from Zales so FX that he took the hint haha
    My DS is turning two Friday and next Friday we find out the gender of our little one. I am so excited for the next two weeks!
  • Options
    First and most important - CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL! 

I have a huge mouth - I told right away to close friends and family. My SO waited until 12 weeks. It’s so nice having it out in the open. 

Im completely done with my shopping. Yay!!

I wanted to be pregnant this year. That was the greatest gift possible. 

Im just happy to have the support here. :)