February 2018 Moms
Options

EDD 11-17 Feb, 31 Weeks! | 12.11

31 weeks!!  Babies are a zucchini this week
1) How are you feeling? 
2) Any appointments this week? 
3) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? (stolen from another thread because I'm terrible at these)
Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
TTC #1 since April 2015
RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
Polyp removed May 2017
FET May 2017 - BFP!
Baby boy born 2/2/18

Re: EDD 11-17 Feb, 31 Weeks! | 12.11

• Options
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Good. Heartburn and achy back and muscles seem to be my main symptoms, and lots of tossing and turning at night.

Tomorrow.

4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? (stolen from another thread because I'm terrible at these)
    We'll be getting another arm's reach co-sleeper.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    9 Weeks to go!!
    1) How are you feeling? 
    I'm in pain pretty much all the time, and I get occasional heartburn.
    Thursday! First appt with my OB, been with my family Dr up until now.
    I'm so sick and tired of being in pain all the time. Being on my feet just absolutely kills my hips and back and I just feel like I can't take it anymore.
    I don't think there's anything I've decided that I just have to have for the baby other than normal essentials...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? Growing pretty uncomfortable in my belly area, but no major symptoms other than some light heartburn and backaches.
    Appointment on Wednesday and then follow-up ultrasound to be scheduled after that.
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nine weeks is going to go by sooo slooowly...
    An in-home lifestyle photo shoot that feels relaxed and just has us being a family.  We did one in a studio with DS and I just don't love the whole "babies in buckets" type of thing.  (We couldn't do an in-home one last time because we were undergoing major renovations.)
    DS 2.07.15
    #2 due 2.15.18
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? 

I’m sore this week. Plenty of back aches, heartburn and reflux, foot pains... my weird veircose vein on my medial knee has been acting up and causing me issues. 

Nothing this week. I’ll be baking some Ukrainian cookies for my neighbors on Wednesday instead of going to the OB. 

So many rants this week: My sick kitty fell off the bed in the middle of the night a few times this week. It broke my heart.  I stayed up for 2-3 hours trying to make her feel better and coddling her. My poor baby. 
    I got kankles for the first time ever. That sucked. Luckily ice, compression socks, and elevating my legs when I get home from work has been helping.

4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this baby? 

Right now, it’s the Tula Blankets... I got some while they were on sale, and holy crud are they soft. I can’t wait to wrap her in them! I love anything bamboo related. 

@awb1216 I want to do some short of newborn photo shoot as well. So it’s good to know that an in-home one might be the best way to go. I should probably book it soon though... 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? 
    pretty good... heartburn has started gurgling up when I lay down... is that reflux? Feeling incredibly stretched to the max. How int he world will I get bigger over the next 9 weeks... scary to think about!

Wednesday after work. Technically my 30 week appt.

Rant- a student flipped my rocking chair over in my classroom and broke it... it is beyond repair. Now I have to sit in a hard plastic chair and it makes my pubic bones achy... I am-I bought a pair of sofft ankle boots and am in love with them. They are amand go with so many outfits.  ready to be done with work. soooooo ready. Trying to keep my motivation up until the very last minute but it takes more effort these days. 
    Rave- NBR- I bought sofft brand ankle distrestted leather boots and ladies... I am in love!!! they are amazing!
    I think I decided more on what I do not need rather than must have. With this being the 3rd baby, I am doing basics and necessities only. Don't want/need a lot of extras or fluff items... some must items were RNP sleeper, swaddle blankets with velcro, aiden and anais blankets, and an ubbi diaper pail. 
  • Options

Going SO fast!
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Same no real symptoms except GASSY.
    And if I sit too long in chair, or in bed against wall my back starts to hurt.
    Tuesday Dec 12 --30 week ultrasound. 
    I'm reading this book: the first forty days. 
    It's interesting- don't know if I'll be able to follow thru...but I like the idea.  It's to prevent post partum, and you cocoon yourself at home for 40 days. Eat soup, drink tea...and just take care of self. 
    I need it all. 
  • Options
    @neener*Beemer I hope the kiddo got written up or some consequence? Are they a behavior student? 
    @jenniferjoy37 Now I need to look up those blankets. 
  • Options
    I cannot believe we are in single digit weeks remaining!! This is going by so fast!

1) How are you feeling? 
    I am feeling so pregnant! Pubic bone is so sore when I wake up! I can barely walk! I hadn't heartburn once in my life when I was pregnant with my DS and this one I have been getting it much more frequently. I also keep getting a super sharp pain in my right side when I am walking or standing too long. It will eventually go away if I actually sit and relax. Harder to do ar school! 

I have a check up with my family doctor on Friday. Looking forward to hearing the hearbear again! 
    My giant rant is that I was kicked out of the hump for the weekend!! I could see posts but couldn't comment, like or reply! Now I feel so far behind!! 

This is sad but there isn't 1 thing that I can think of specifically. I feel so unprepared but I'm really not stressing yet. I guess with the second baby you just learn to roll with it!
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I'm so sorry about your kitty!! :( I hope s/he feels better soon! 
    @Chawk17 I read that book, too, and enjoyed it! Some of the suggestions were a little impractical for me, but I liked the overall idea. Some of the recipes look pretty good, too-- I'm looking forward to stocking my freezer in January :)  (that was the single best thing I did to prepare for DD-- freezer meals!)

1) How are you feeling? 
    Better than last week, actually. I've had heartburn for the last 48 hours, but it seems to be dissipating now. I think it might have been because I ate an entire package of pizza rolls (my single biggest pregnancy craving since around 20 weeks, lol). So far, heartburn has not been nearly as awful as with DD, so I'm okay with 48 hours' worth.

Intense Braxton Hicks and some very irregular, not-comfortable-but-not-quite-painful contractions have started, especially when I'm tired. 

2) Any appointments this week? Nope! Had one last week. Apparently I have to go to the county health center for my flu shot and TDAP, though :/

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing baby-related! Rant-- I am awaiting an onslaught of final essays from mostly college freshmen later this week. Not looking forward to grading those. Rave-- I get to take DD on a mini-trip to see my mom next weekend, and do holiday activities in my hometown. Can't wait!

We've actually been trying to get *rid* of stuff we still have from DD's baby days. Oof. But... my nesting instinct seems to have kicked in a bit, and I have a strong desire to *make* all the adorable baby things I see. I like to sew, and just bought a bunch of sewing patterns and knit fabrics for kids (aiming to make a few outfits for DD as well as the new baby). Also have a lineup of baby-related knitting projects waiting for whenever I finish grading :D
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Can't understand - is time flying? Or dragging? Just two months left, but I'm huge already for a 5'2 :D after a month probably will look like a ball on two legs :D
    Had mine last week, next one - 28th
    Why baby doesnt like my intestines and tries to push them out of place? :smiley:
    4) GTKY: What is the one thing you decided you must have for this Baby?
    Sucker for a soft and pretty baby bankets :blush:
  • Options
    @katefb17 Thanks miss. She decided to fall off the bed again (hence why I’m bumping now) and the fall was pretty hard. I cried my eyes out in the showing thinking her quality of life has diminished so much in the past two weeks that I might have to consider putting her down before baby gets here. DH wants to try the meds route, but she’s not eating, drinking a little bit, and just delirious it feels like. Super sad again. 

And you’ll have to post some of the stuff you make for your LO! I have no sense of seamstress in me, so I’d love to see what you come up with! 

@kbrinks2 Welcome back! I didn’t know they could do that to you! I’m jealous you can just roll with it. I’m such a planner that not knowing when LO is coming is tough. 

@Chawk17 I’m part of a FB group that does buy, sell, trade for Tula stuff. They do pretty fancy carriers, but they’re so soft. My friend got me hooked. I won’t buy a carrier until LO is here just because I’m not sure if she’s going to like it, so why spend the money. But they had a killer Black Friday deal on Blankets so I decided to try it. 

@neener*neener* Must have boots. Where do I find these soft brand boots? 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? I think I'm coming down with a cold, which I hope will go away soon! DH got me Airborne, and I drank a glass of it last night and this morning. Looked at the box, and it said not to take while pregnant! Woops - calling the dr to see what I should do!
    2) Any appointments this week? Not until Monday. Getting another US at 34 weeks - haven't seen LO since anatomy scan!
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Nursery is slowly coming together. And almost done with Christmas shopping! Less than two weeks to go!
    I asked a friend if she would take some newborn photos, and she said yes! She's not a professional, but I love seeing her pics of her two boys. Most of the stuff we have for the baby are the typical stuff you get, and got some great deals over Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Excited to use our completion discount on Amazon starting next week to get everything else we need.
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 I'm really worried about this cat. It is SO sad hearing her struggle. I hope things pull through and you don't have to do the dreaded event. 
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? Seems to vary by the day at this point.  Some days the SPD, upper back and rib pain are so uncomfortable I could cry, and other days I feel close to normal (or as "normal" as one can feel when 20+ pounds heavier and a 3ish pound human living inside of you).  As others have mentioned, having some contractions here and there -- never regular, and a mix of actual contractions and BH -- so starting to be on high alert since I have a history of late PTL.

2) Any appointments this week? Just a PT appointment for my SPD, routine midwife appointment next week.  

3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Question: Is anyone who is low-risk NOT having any more ultrasounds this pregnancy? I had a growth scan at 32 weeks last time, but I also had an unresolved low-lying placenta at that point that they were following up on, so I'm not sure if I would've had the growth scan independent of the placenta check.  Midwife hasn't mentioned any more scans and I'm wondering if this is typical.   

No different must-haves for this one, will be using all our same gear.  Toying with the idea of borrowing or buying a Dockatot since people rave about them, but not sure if my anxiety over safe sleep will trump that idea.
  • Options
    1) How are you feeling? Mostly feeling OK.  The prescription Prilosec is doing wonders for my heartburn!
    2) Any appointments this week? Not this week, but growth scan on Monday. I am so excited to see this little dude again!  It's going to be a very long week of waiting.
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant:  My energy peaks from 10am - 3:30 pm.  During that time I make long to do lists of what I plan to do around the house when I get home from work.  By the time I actually get home at 4:30, I can barely keep my eyes open and nothing gets accomplished.  Question: any bassinet recommendations?  I wasn't going to get one, but now I want one and I can't find the thread where they were discussed.
    Do a stroller and a car seat count? 
  • Options
    @psm2462 im low risk..i think. Haven't been told otherwise. Im having a 30 week us today.
    Either A- Dr does them for everyone at 30 weeks.
    Or 
    B- It's because she's small and he wants to check her size.
    Not sure which. At 20 weeks he told me we'd check again at 30 weeks. 
  • Options
    @psm2462 I'm low-risk, and was last time, too. I've only ever had the NT scan at ~12 weeks and the anatomy scan at ~20 weeks. This time around, if I had stuck with the local hospital for my anatomy scan, the Dr told me they'd do a complimentary 3D ultrasound at 32 weeks, but that would be "just for fun". But I went elsewhere for the anatomy scan, so don't get to do that :(
    Married 5/27/13
    Anniversary

Baby#2
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD#1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I think they automatically do a 30 week scan if you are AMA (over 35), even if you don't have anything else that would qualify you as "high risk."  At least that was my understanding of how  they do it at our hospital.
  • Options
    @psm2462 The DocATot saved my friends sanity with her second. She said that was the only way he could get to sleep. So I put one on my registry. Every baby is different, so hopefully you can get one and see if it works! 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I think they automatically do a 30 week scan if you are AMA (over 35), even if you don't have anything else that would qualify you as "high risk."  At least that was my understanding of how  they do it at our hospital.
    Oh maybe thats why- I'm 35....  Im going to ask. 
  • Options
    @psm2462 - I'm not low risk, but was during my last pregnancy. My last medically indicated u/s was at 20 weeks. I had elective ultrasounds later. I was also seen by a homebirth midwife, but my dual care was only up to that point unless there was a medical need. I didn't request another ultrasound, but even in low risk pregnancies a growth u/s may be ordered later in pregnancy. My final u/s with my dd2 was at 28 weeks to measure her growth. I had a late anatomy u/s with my ds1. I had a u/s scheduled at 35+ weeks to check fluid levels since I developed severe polyhydramnios while on vacation.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Thanks, all, for the helpful responses.  I'll definitely ask my midwife next week if there are any plans for one, or if we'll just schedule one if something comes up and it's necessary.  I wouldn't mind seeing LO again (of course), but wonder if the weight estimate would just cause me undue concern (especially given how inaccurate they can be).

@jenniferjoy37 that's enough of a recommendation to go for it.  Luckily I think my friend with an 8 month old will be happy to let me borrow hers, so if it doesn't work for us, no big loss!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 I have a theory that all drug/vitamin manufacturers put "Ask your doctor before taking while pregnant" because if the manufacturer says it's safe to take while pregnant but something goes wrong (even if not the drug's fault), then they could be sued for damages. Even Tylenol says to ask your doctor. So I'm guessing your doc will say you're fine.

1) How are you feeling?
    Can't complain. I have pains in my abdomen (muscular) and mild constipation helped with Miralax, but that's about it. Oh, and peeing. Peeing all the time.

2) Any appointments this week? Nope.
    3) Rants/Raves/Questions? The muscular pains are usually bearable so I don't mention them to H. Last Sunday we started getting the baby's room together, H building the dresser and crib, me going through all the shower gifts and sorting/putting away. It was a lot of activity and I was super sore after a few hours so I had to rest. I kind of wish I weren't so silent about the "bearable" daily pains so he'd believe me when I complain of even more soreness, because I don't think he gets it.

Carrier! I hope he likes it because I really want to be able to walk around hands-free and have better mobility than with a stroller.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface - Thanks for the reassurance. The nurse also said I'm ok. Baby is moving around a lot, so he's ok, too!

Which carrier are you getting/or have? I just got the Lillebaby Complete Airflow. Haven't tried it on yet, but excited to use once I figure out how!
  • Options
    @jennifer_m21 I think that's the same one I got! I know it's Lillebaby and Complete, at least. I tried it on, couldn't snap the waist band around my belly [grumble] but H got it on. He's like "Where's the baby go??" I'm like "Really? He sits between you and the carrier...." Was he expecting a kangaroo pouch??
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    @eggplantface - Thanks for the reassurance. The nurse also said I'm ok. Baby is moving around a lot, so he's ok, too!

Which carrier are you getting/or have? I just got the Lillebaby Complete Airflow. Haven't tried it on yet, but excited to use once I figure out how!
    Also trying to figure out which carrier to get.  Would love to hear what everyone is using!
  • Options
    @eggplantface - LOL! My carrier is still in the box. I was hoping to find some YouTube videos to help me figure it out. @babybro218 I bought this because of the reviews, and the fact that there are many options to carry the baby. It also helped that I got it on sale.
  • Options
    @babybro218 Same as @jennifer_m21, I got it because Lucie's List recommended it, you don't need an infant insert to carry a newborn, and it said the airflow keeps baby from overheating. But I can't attest to how it works in reality.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• Options
    For some reason the carrier overwhelms me. I love listening/ reading what you gals use because I'm clueless. 
  • Options
    jenniferjoy37jenniferjoy37 member
    edited December 2017
    My friend loves her Tula carrier... I have yet to get one because I want to see how my LO will react to being close to me. I opted to get a wrap first and figure that out, and then go ahead and splurge on the Tula carrier once I know she likes being carried. 

ETA: Spelling is hard today. 
  • Options
    @babybro218, and @Chawk17 , we got a Tula.  I read some great recommendations for it, and just made the choice. I hope I end up loving it! 

@psm2462 , I had an US at 12 and 20 weeks, and my OB office doesn't do another unless there is a concern/specific reason (I am low-risk and not AMA).  I asked two different doctors, just to check, and both said this is common practice in their office. 
  • Options
    Tula specific question, but probably refers to all carriers.
    Which one did you gals get? the beginning one starts at 7 pounds...just curious what to do if baby is smaller?
  • Options
    lucylou214lucylou214 member
    edited December 2017
    Chawk17 said:
    Which one did you gals get? the beginning one starts at 7 pounds...just curious what to do if baby is smaller?
    I got the regular one (not the Free to Grow).  Two friends suggested that they used their Moby/Boba at the beginning anyway.  To save some money, we found one that is a "retiring" or Last Chance pattern. 
  • Options
    Chawk17 said:
    I got the regular one (not the Free to Grow).  Two friends suggested that they used their Moby/Boba at the beginning anyway.  To save some money, we found one that is a "retiring" or Last Chance pattern. 
    I was going to get the Free to Grow one when we decided to purchase one. I kinda wanted to get a Wrap Conversion one, which are apparently softer than the canvas and kind of like the Blankets. 

@Chawk17 They need an infant insert if they’re between 7-15 lbs I believe. I think they have to be able to sit upright and have head control as well before you can take them out of the insert. 
  • Options
    @jenniferjoy37 , the wrap conversion ones are so pretty, but so pricey!  Yes, I think the original one begins at 15 pounds.  

• Options
    @jenniferjoy37 , the wrap conversion ones are so pretty, but so pricey!  Yes, I think the original one begins at 15 pounds.  

Oh yes... my friends has 2 of them. I’m like, wait, you spent $700 on ONE??? What the heck... so it’s a fantasy of mine to have one. Haha. Maybe DH will spurge for my birthday in March. We’ll see! 
  • Options
    Well crap ignore my comment about being low risk. I've now jumped to high risk. I have to be seen weekly twice a week with weekly ultrasounds.
    She's in the 1% growth. Blood is getting to brain/ body. She's symmetrically small. If blood flow changes then I have to deliver. 
  • Options
    I spent entirely too much on baby carriers the fist go around 
    I have lillbaby airflow
    tula standard 
    mai tai
    moby wrap
    3 woven wraps 
    ring sling 
    I was able to restrain myself more this time ;)
    @eggplantface honestly the mesh on the carrier does not make a big difference. My lillbaby is all mesh the Tula is canvas I do not notice a big difference. You a strapping a little furnace onto you so if you are outside in the heat just stick to shade when possible and keep an eye on baby. You can also get cooling blankets to put between you and baby to use in the summer.
  • Options
    31 weeks!!  Babies are a zucchini this week  im 31 weeks on Friday and will have 63 days to EDD
    1) How are you feeling? 
    Good, had my first shooting sciatica pain getting into the car. And tired like I was first trimester.
    nope
    rave: went to a childbirth class at the hospital and got to tour L&D! Happy to be able to visualize the experience before I go through it
    pack and play! 
  • Options
    @Chawk17 I really hope your little baby keeps growing! Praying for you guys!!