August 2018 Moms

Weekly Questions, 12/3

13»

Re: Weekly Questions, 12/3

• Is anyone getting/already gotten a flu shot? From what I’ve ready its safe in the first tri, just not the nasal spray kind.
  • ecwkecwk member
    edited December 2017
    @ncnole26 I have gotten mine. The CDC recommends pregnant women get it. I'm sure your doctor will recommend the correct one.

edit posted too soon 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m definitely waiting until as late as possible. Like @legallykate and @mrsinterweb I want to on projects as long as possible (I’m an architect).  Also I think our firm is being bought out at the end of the year and I want to see how all that shakes out. And we aren’t telling any family until Christmas and they have to be first to know. My office party is tomorrow night and I’m hoping I don’t arouse any suspicions!

I love how how chill everyone is about the ticker change thread. I’ve seen lots of drama over preferred board organization on other BMBs and I love that that’s not happening here (yet?!). I was not into the ticker change thread until I read some ladies reasons for liking it and now I’m heading over there next! I was really into the due date week check ins tat @pghctwife mentioned  but I seems there’s not much other interest so I’ll get on board with the daily tickers. 
  • @ncnole26. I got mine in Sept when I was ttc and the nurse just asked if I was preg or could be in the next 6 months. When I said yes, she gave me a preservative free shot. It's definitely healthy, just make sure they know you're pregnant! 
  • @ncnole26
    I got mine at my Gyno in September. I was planning on being pregnant, so it was taken care of then. Flu shot is definitely recommended for anyone who is currently or might become pregnant.

Me:32
    DH:45
    DSD: 20
    DSS: 18
    Team green baby due: Aug 6th, 2018

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Absolutely got my flu shot. Dh is a pharmacist so he administered at the kitchen table lol. 

The flu can be dangerous in pregnancy, and high fevers in the first tri can be associated with a lot of issues later in baby’s life too. 

Im #allthevaccines and a big proponent of the flu shot. Definitely safe in oregnancy and we are in the at risk group who need it the most. Pregnant sick is sooooo much worse than regular sick. In normal life I’m usually the only one spared from bugs in my house. Pregnant, I get them first longest and worst. I had a cold when I was pregnant with my youngest that lasted months, kicked my butt, and then once I was better? 10 days of laryngitis. I can’t imagine the havoc the flu would wage on a weakened immune system.

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• I was here looking for the method to cure muscle pulling since my wife gets that a lot
  • pghctwife said:
    Absolutely got my flu shot. Dh is a pharmacist so he administered at the kitchen table lol. 

The flu can be dangerous in pregnancy, and high fevers in the first tri can be associated with a lot of issues later in baby’s life too. 

Im #allthevaccines and a big proponent of the flu shot. Definitely safe in oregnancy and we are in the at risk group who need it the most. Pregnant sick is sooooo much worse than regular sick. In normal life I’m usually the only one spared from bugs in my house. Pregnant, I get them first longest and worst. I had a cold when I was pregnant with my youngest that lasted months, kicked my butt, and then once I was better? 10 days of laryngitis. I can’t imagine the havoc the flu would wage on a weakened immune system.
    I'm with you. Part of my job is in public health. I got my shot a few months ago. 
  • lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited December 2017
    I was here looking for the method to cure muscle pulling since my wife gets that a lot
    Drinking more water can help. Unfortunately it’s pretty unavoidable, though.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I got my flu shot a few months ago. I got it while I was pregnant with my son though and it was all fine. He seems mostly normal  ;)
  • @pghctwife I am the opposite: pregnant spared, but in my life post pregnancy I'm the only one that gets sick! I used to teach at a super rural school with lots of kids below the poverty line and not capable of seeing the doc often. They would come to school with every manner of sickness because it was warmer there/they could eat two meals there. Also, FOURTEEN out of the 100 kids were unvaccinated!!! Probably didn't cause my sicknesses but still. Add that to DS being in daycare equaled 4 bouts of stomach sickness in less than two years, where I was out for days. Thankfully the only person in the house that got it! Hopefully now that I am not working and DS doesn't do daycare we'll be spared.
  • derbysquirrelderbysquirrel member
    edited December 2017
    I am wondering if it is possible that I am a month further along than I think I am. DH and I inseminated October 19, and around Oct. 30 I got a negative pregnancy test. I started my period on Nov. 1, but it was a very unusual cycle. I've always had very regular cycles, so this stood out to me. Instead of red menstrual blood I had mucus-y brown discharge, and was accompanied by severe cramping. It lasted for 2-3 days. I had assumed that I had a very early miscarriage, and that was that. I never took another PT. On the 14th of November I took an ovulation test and got a positive. I then inseminated on the 15th, and got a BFP on the 30th of November the first time I tested since the one in October. I now found out that an ovulation test will show positive even if I'm already pregnant, so I'm not 100% sure that I wasn't already pregnant when I inseminated in November. I didn't have any significant symptoms until Nov. 28th (which I assumed to be PMS at the time) but they are in full force now. I plan on discussing all this with my OB at my first appt in a couple of days, but has anyone else had this happen? Does a chemical look like brown (old blood) discharge? I guess I will find out soon enough.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @derbysquirrel when you say inseminated do you mean like, IUI with a doctor? I only ask because I know you can buy the at home kits too so was just wondering. If you mean IUI, your doctor didn't do any checks on you before inseminating the second time to see if you were pregnant? I'm sorry I cannot remember your intro story if you left one!

If you are just using insemination as a euphemism for sex or have an at home kit OR your doc didn't check your pregnancy status in any way pre-nov insemination, then yeah its totally possible, you could have had implantation bleeding and mistaken it for a period. I had that happen to me with my daughter, I thought I had a period and didn't take another test until coffee tasted off. I actually conned them into a dating ultrasound that time and was 8 weeks along, not 4, and they all acted shocked that I was right, lol.
  • @derbysquirrel you’ll find out at your dating scan, but honestly I think the brown discharge was your regular period. I’ve had periods like that before and was definitely not pregnant. And you really shouldn’t assume you had an early loss with no positive pregnancy test. 

Now it’s possible the brown blood was implantion bleeding, but I’ve never heard of it lasting days, so I’m doubtful.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• derbysquirrelderbysquirrel member
    edited December 2017
    @SmashJam DH and I used donor sperm, and did IVI at home. When I say insemenated, that is what I mean. I've only had one shot of sperm each month. 

@lalala2004 I really did think I was having my regular period, and honestly still do. I'm bothered by it a little just because it is the only time I've had anything like that, and it coincidently lined up with my first attempt at conception, which is a little too coincidental, ya know? Of course it may not have been an early loss, that was just a guess based on the weirdness. I was looking for a possible alternate explanation, but of course I'll bring it up with my doctor on Tuesday. 

It just concerns me a little because I had beers with friends in early November, and drank far too much coffee! Oh well, nothing I can do either  way now.  Just wait and see. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol, still don't know what the ticker change is all about....