April 2018 Moms

12/8 Friday Ticker Change

1. How far along are you? How big is baby?

2. How are you feeling lately?

3. Any appointments coming up?

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What was the best/worst reaction you've had to telling someone you are pregnant? 

Re: 12/8 Friday Ticker Change

• Sorry I missed last week, we were enjoying Paris, which was delightful. 

1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 21 weeks, endive. 

2. How are you feeling lately? I'm really down this week after the high of the babymoon, the fires in my area, etc. I felt super in Paris but OMG I ate way too much!!! 

3. Any appointments coming up? I had my anatomy scan. I need to go back in 2 weeks to get a better view of the spine, there was lots of moving and crouching. They saw two small issues, one was thickening of the left heart chamber, which is a soft marker for downs syndrome. The negative on my NIPT test should overrule this, but I'm just going to worry about it to be safe. Then they found small perforations in parts of the heart that normally should close right up. We will look at them again in two weeks. Given how much time he spent looking at the heart, I can't tell if they are saying that happens all the time to keep my worrying in check or what, so I will definitely definitely worry about that just in case. 

4.Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so down about the fire situation. Our house is fine and likely unthreatened. But losing the stables where my horse lived has been so depressing. That place was my sanctuary and I'm not sure where we are going to go from here. My horse is safe, which is fundamentally what counts, but I'm wallowing pretty hard about all the devastation generally. We lost thousands of dollars of equipment and I"m not sure yet what insurance will cover. Not ideal for the holiday shopping season. 

5. GTKY: What was the best/worst reaction you've had to telling someone you are pregnant? Best reaction was my dad. I told him over Skype while he was in France. His first reaction was to ask if he should come home immediately (this was at like 15 or 16 weeks). He is so excited and wrote the kindest email about being a first immigrant to the states and continuing the family in the US, which felt very unlike my ultra-french proud dad. So cute. 

The worst was my self absorbed friend who didn't even read the caption on my pregnancy announcement (just commented on the picture) or catch the major hints I made specifically at him so he would realize I was pregnant. When he saw I posted about going to paris on a babymoon, he texted me to say he was going to wait until we saw each other in person to ask me about "the ordeal". when i was confused he finally asked me if I was pregnant. Yeah dipshit. 
  • 1. How far along are you? How big is baby?
    23 Weeks, Grapefruit

Less tired, but my tailbone hurts and I have these red spots on my face. VERY irritable.

Glucose test next week

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?
    My rant is people at work. There have been so many people I see in passing, say hello, and they keep walking. If it was once or twice, I wouldn't mind. From down the hall I can see them looking at my bump. I say hello within earshot and they pretend they don't hear, and look surprised. I guess they weren't looking at my face, so it would be startling for a tummy to say hello....
    @stalkinghorse So sorry to hear you lost so much in the fires. Fx insurance is kind.

5. GTKY: What was the best/worst reaction you've had to telling someone you are pregnant? 
    Best was my Aunt and cousin. My cousin jumped up and spilled a sandwich all over my aunt but they were so happy and ran over to hug me. It was so funny and sweet.
    Worst was my ILs. MH told them he had a surprise, told them, and they stared at us in silence for what seemed like a full minute. Then MIL made a joke about "I guessed it wasn't a divorce because you were smiling". Nice. They've been such a treat ever since, as well /s
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited December 2017
    23 weeks, grapefruit

Really good other than some back pain that's REALLY starting to get to me at work. All these baby gymnastics I've felt kind of make up for it though!

December 18th. Too far away still!

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Okay, minor problem, huge whine about it: Everyone who knows me knows I'm a huge control freak. I know I shouldn't plan my own baby shower, but thus far no one has asked me a single thing about it. If you send out invites 6 weeks ahead (which you should), that's about 3 or 4 weeks from now. No one asked me for a guest list, what date works for me, for addresses that I already have, how many people I want, what kind of invites I would like, where it should be ect. I know it's not a big deal, but I honestly only plan to do this once so I'd like it to be done the right way. Anyway, bitchy rant over.

My in-laws were the best, we were taking a group picture with them so I just pulled out a onesie in the background as the photo was taken. Then they looked to see how the picture turned out and FIL said "what is that?" And I said, "IDK, what is it" and held it up. MIL started screaming and jumping! FIL got the biggest grin and grabbed us and yelled "Are you kidding!" It was adorable!

The worst was my dad. He basically said nothing, stared at me. Didn't even say congratulations and he still hasn't (almost 18 weeks after I told them). My mom defends him (she's extremely excited) by saying "he wasn't excited when we were pregnant with you kids either, he gets excited once the baby comes" I'm sorry, I don't think it's that hard to f#&king pretend!

@stalkinghorse your whole post just made me cry. I'm so sorry about your losses in the fires, I'm keeping my FX that your home stays safe! While yes, your horse being recused is the most important thing, it doesn't mean you can't still be devastated. Sometimes losing a place that is a sanctuary to you is just like losing a friend.

Then your dad's reaction, which I know you've talked about before, just gets me in the feels every time!

I would just say try not to worry too awful much until your F/U  appt (easier said than done, I know). It seems like your Dr wasn't that concerned and being in the medical field I am certain he/she would have been up front if you needed to panic, so just take a deep breath!

Extremely jealous of your trip, anywhere is Europe is on my bucketlist! I've only been out of the country twice: once was our neighbors to the north and once our neighbors to the south.

@sarahkate2233 it's BEYOND frustrating when people are clearly eyeballing you as you walk by so you try to make it less awkward and say hi then they just look down and ignore you!! Rude!

Good luck with your glucose test!
  • edited December 2017
    @stalkinghorse I'm sorry your Paris high was brought to such a low with these fires. I hope insurance doesn't give you issues and you can eventually get your sanctuary back.
    I had a couple fetal echoes with DS because the high risk OB saw a hole in the wall during the a/s. The cardiologist said basically the heart is so small at this point that shadows or a weird angle can be misinterpreted. Fx that all is well!

@sarahkate2233 I second the irritableness. I don't know how H puts up with me. 

@ftm_ohio I can see how the shower thing would be frustrating. I was the opposite though. I was annoyed when asked for a guest list or asked any opinions lol 

22 weeks, coconut 

Same. Tire very easily. I was on my feet a lot yesterday and by evening my feet were killing me and I was cramping. Also the irritability. I annoy myself sometimes. 

Next Friday 

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?
    H felt the baby kick a few days ago so that was exciting!  

I don't think I've had any significant reaction one way or the other. With this being our 2nd I feel like people are not as excited. Just a bunch of even "congratulations!" Well H's cousin said her & her mom jumped around and cried, but I wasn't there to witness that.

Eta: words
    BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• 1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 22 weeks baby is the size of a guinea pig, or a corn on the cob.

2. How are you feeling lately? Nausea has finally subsided, but I've been starting to feel the aches and pains of pregnancy and I think I might be starting to waddle a bit.

3. Any appointments coming up? i had an appointment yesterday, all seemed well. 

4.Rants/Raves/Questions? TMI Does sex just feel uncomfortable for anyone else? It doesn't really hurt but it doesn't feel great either.

5. GTKY: What was the best/worst reaction you've had to telling someone you are pregnant? I dont feel like anyone reaction this time around was the best or worst. Everyone was excited, but they all kinda reacted unsurprised by the news. 
  • @ftm_ohio My dad is the same way! he never really seems too excited about my news. I was so scared to tell him with my first pregnancy I worried about it for weeks and this time around I kept putting it off too.  Of course he loves my first son and he is always so excited to see him, but my mom always tells us he wasn't excited for me and my sister either, but he clearly loves us. 
  • @ftm_ohio I agree, it's like all social graces go out the window with this kind of thing. Your Dad's reaction made me so sad for you. I hope he does make up for it, but you have every right to feel the way you do.

@MrsMassimilla Yes and no to the sex question. I feel like there's a lot more pressure in that general area and that isn't great, but it doesn't hurt either, like you said. Could that be it for you?
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @MrsMassimilla I'm with you. Sex isn't bad or painful but it's not fun and fancy free the way pre-pregnancy sex was. That said, I give myself a big pat on the back for having sex bc I've really had no desire whatsoever, so that part is nice. 

@ftm_ohio I'm so sorry I made you cry, you are so kind. I didn't know the story about taking a picture with the in-laws, that was such a cool way to tell them! I'm so glad you have supportive in-laws, this board has made me realize that's not the case for everyone and that I need to be grateful! 

@sapphires-and-diamonds thank you so much for the encouragement about the heart. I'm sorry people aren't more excited about your having a second, I still think it's a big deal and worth celebrating! 

@sarahkate2233 holy crap, your in law response! that just took my breath away with its unkindness. I'm so sorry. I loved the sandwich story, that's a slice of real life. I don't really understand people's response to you at work, that is so weird to just eye ball your tummy. I am so uncomfortable with how people look at me now, trying to spot signs of change. I'm supposed to work out with my sister in law, she hasn't seen me since thanksgiving and I know she's going to be heavily scrutinizing my body since we both kind of share our weird body issues. 
  • @stalkinghorse you are so sweet, thank you! I was talking to some of the other ladies who've recently had their babies and they said it only gets worse around the office. A majority of the people here are socially.... not great. I hope your SIL is polite about it!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @sapphires-and-diamonds the irritability is REAL! So exciting for your DH, we just had our first baby kick from the outside this week as well! 

@MrsMassimilla glad to hear your appointment went well, that's great news!
    I'm fully with you on the sex thing! It's fine, but not really enjoyable. I have no desire so I feel really bad for DH cuz I am fully faking it these days lol.

Sorry you have a similar experience with your dad. My dad is SOOO different the last few years from the dad I grew up with and we have a REALLY rocky relationship anymore, which is very hard for me. 

@sarahkate2233 thanks for the kind words. I am hoping things shape up once baby comes, but I honestly don't have high hopes. He's been very ill for the last few years and I think it's fully worn him down. I try to keep that in mind when we interact, but he's just so different from the dad I remember as a kid.

@stalkinghorse don't feel bad, it takes next to nothing to make me cry. I am fully blessed when it comes to my in laws. I think they are possibly more excited time be grandparents than we are to be parents, which is saying something!
  • Late to the party - it was a loooooong day.
    @stalkinghorse I'm so sorry to hear that the fires are affecting you... it's just heartbreaking. Big hugs to you. On the other hand, I'm glad you had such a good babymoon! What was the best food you ate?
    @sarahkate2233 Ugh, sorry about your weird inlaws...
    @ftm_ohio I would totally be frustrated about the baby shower thing if I were you too! Do you know who's throwing you one? Maybe they think they aren't "allowed" to talk to you about it? That's what my sister thought, at any rate. You might gently bring it up and see if they need input?
    @sapphires-and-diamonds Yay for YH feeling movement! So exciting!
    @MrsMassimilla Sex is definitely different for me - some positions, or just some days, things can be very uncomfortable. I also feel like on the one hand I'm very sensitive down there (maybe too sensitive), but not in the same ways as before, so sex hasn't been as good either. It's a weird combo. At any rate, I sure wish I had the super pregnancy sex drive that I've heard of from other ladies.
    ------
    1. How far along are you? How big is baby? 24 weeks, size of a cantaloupe.

2. How are you feeling lately? Same, except I've been trying to sleep on my side more, instead of my back, but it's making it harder to sleep.... pillows under my belly and between my legs are helping though.

3. Any appointments coming up? Not for a couple of weeks.

4.Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rave: only 1 more week of school til break!

Best would probably be my mom and dad, because they were just so genuinely happy. But a close runner up would be my two sisters - I went to visit each, and took their kids (they each have 5 and 7 year olds) aside and asked them what they thought about having a baby cousin, then sent them in to tell their mom. It was priceless getting to see my sister's faces when they figured out what was going on!

TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• ftm_ohioftm_ohio member
    edited December 2017
    @hedgepig I don't know who is throwing it. I asked my mom and she said "Let me talk to them" but she won't say who "them" is. She knows I hate surprises, so I'm hoping "them" will reveal themself (such bad grammar, sorry) soon.

I'm a side sleeper, but sleep had been bad for me lately as well, hopefully were not already at that stage lol.

The story about your sisters' kids is ADORABLE! I bet they are so excited for another little cousin!

ETA: Syntax is not my strong point either. Ugh.
  • @ftm_ohio That's really frustrating about the shower. Good luck! Maybe you can pass a message to "them" through your mom about wanting to sit down and talk? And she can remind "them" that you don't like surpises? I love surprises but I would hate a surprise shower because I wouldn't want someone to be left off the guest list who is important to me, or who would be offended. Also, I just want to have my opinions about shower stuff respected...

I'm also a side sleeper - or at least I always go to sleep on my side, but now I realize that I always wake up on my back, so I guess I'm both. I know it's going to get worse and I'm a little nervous.

My nieces and nephews are sooo excited, it's adorable! It was really funny when they told their moms, because with one set, they just ran up to her yelling gibberish and she was looking at them and me, like, "what?!?" before she finally figured out what they were saying. With the other set, we walked in the door and my nephew walked up to my sister and said, clear as a bell, "she's going to have a baby." :)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• @hedgepig found out at my grandpa's 80th today that two of my cousins are "them." I totally trust both of my cousins, but I was actually able to give some opinions. I'm feeling much better!

That story is wonderful! Little ones are the cutest when they get excited!