Trying to Get Pregnant

TFAS 12/4

2»

Re: TFAS 12/4

• @wishiwaspreggo I’ve never heard of INVOcell, that’s really interesting. I’m keeping FX for you! 
  • @offtoneverland @eleven_ @kindbytealikat I'm not so sure about holiday baking anymore. I woke up with a cold this morning; second one in two months. I feel like death. At least it's not during the holidays. Silver lining!

@wishiwaspreggo That sounds super interesting. Keep us updated!

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • @Spylon oh NO Feel better quickly!
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @offtoneverland I know I'm out bc even if I O'd late, we had terrible timing late in the month due to H's work travel :/ but here it is cd31 and still bfns. 
    I've never had Thai but I've always wanted to try It!
    @wishiwaspreggo that process sounds really cool! I'm interested to hear how it all goes! It's also such an amazing and innovative way for you both to be involved 

Does anyone here use temping and not use opks?

• @meeks2020 I didn't use OPKs while TTC#1. I only charted my temp. Granted, it didn't take me long to get KU so I didn't feel I needed them. Also, I had been temping for over a year (I charted to avoid) so I knew what my normal was. I started using OPKs a few cycles ago. Honestly, I really don't need them. I always have several days of EWCM before O so I know when to expect it. But I just like to pee on sticks and think it's fun to watch the lines change colors!
    Sorry for your bad timing this month. :(
    *TW*
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD1: 8/2014  <3
    TTC #2: 6/2017
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
    BFP 10/16/2017 | CP 10/21
    BFP 12/18/2017 | CP 12/28
    BFP 2/15/2018 | EDD: November 2nd | It's a girl!
    DD2: 10/2018  <3
  • @offtoneverland thanks! I think this next month I'll try just temping then. I really can't get too disappointed in this month and I'm done grieving it, just ready to start next month (if Flow will just show her face)  :) 

• Kid related FFFC: DD's coat was getting pretty small but I was being lazy about getting her a new one. We just picked her up from day care, and there was another coat hanging on her hook. I thought it belonged to another kid, but her teacher said another teacher gave it to DD today. Now I'm concerned that her teacher thought we didn't have the money for a new coat when in reality I was just lazy.  :# At least it looks like a used coat so maybe it was a hand me down? 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland my daughter has literally worn the same 4 shirts to school all year.  They are all plain short sleeve shirts.  They look terrible, but until this week, she has refused to wear anything else.  I always worry what the school must think.
  • @holly321 Awww! I'm sure it's annoying but it's really sweet too. That's good that she knows what she likes and knows how to ask for it! :) And hooray that she chose to wear something different this week!
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • @offtoneverland I am cracking up! Last yr ds coat was too small but I was too lazy and had him wear it all winter. I kept saying is get him one when they went on sale, but never did. I've totally been there

• I have a question for cold climate mamas. 

This year, I moved from the SF Bay Area to Washington state. Unlike my home state, WA gets temps below 50 degrees, haha. What is your protocol for suiting up before getting in the car? 

Do you bother putting coats on if it’s a 1-minute walk to the car? Winter coats can’t be left on in the car seat, so it seems a little pointless to me, but I’m sure it’s something other moms are judging me for. TIA for your thoughts!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @concreteayngel I live in Ohio and we get temps down in the single digits, so when it’s 50 degrees that’s warm for us for this time of year. Haha I do have a light fleece “jacket” she wears and is perfectly safe for the car seat if I feel like she needs something. 
    Off topic but my husband and I went to SF for 4th of July one year and we went out on a boat to watch the fireworks and there were so many people in winter ski jackets, hat, gloves, and a scarf and it was maybe 55 degrees. We thought it was so funny, but it all depends on where your from. 55 is pretty cold to people who don’t experience cold winters. 
  • *snipped*
    Do you bother putting coats on if it’s a 1-minute walk to the car? Winter coats can’t be left on in the car seat, so it seems a little pointless to me, but I’m sure it’s something other moms are judging me for. TIA for your thoughts!
    Thank you!!!! Sometimes I feel like the only one who actually follows this rule. Seems like all the kids at day care wear coats in the car and I get so frustrated, but of course never say anything because it's none of my business. I have DD wear a light sweatshirt in the car then we put a warm blanket on top. I don't bother putting a coat on her while we're walking between the house/car or car/store. I think people judge me when they see her without a coat, but whatevs! Definitely not worth the struggle to stick a coat on her for just a short walk outside. 
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • You can actually buy car seat safe winter coats. 
    Right now I’m using a fleecy lined spring rain coat that’s thin. But it gets really cold here (I’m in Canada). My mom has bought us a car seat safe winter coat. They are down filled but they aren’t puffy at all and no bigger then a normal sweater! They have been car seat tested and approved by code etc. 
  • It gets really cold here and I definitely do not bother with winter coats between the car and wherever. I try to have the kids in long sleeves if I think I will be somewhere with judgy people though. Sometimes I try to get the kids to throw the coat on without the arms, just the hood, but they never go for it!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• @kristah2 I've never heard of those coats. How neat! I'll be looking those up...
    *TW*
    BFP 8/3/2017 | CP 8/4
  • Thank you ladies! I feel so validated. Lol 

@offtoneverland Thank you!! Yeah, I’m a big stickler for car seat safety. I have zero faith in other drivers to not be stupid, so I take those precautions very seriously.  

@kristah2 I also did not know about these car seat safe coats, and will definitely be looking that up! Thanks!

• It's a few seconds to get in the car so I  just warm the car up and we walk out sans coat. When he gets to preschool the teacher puts it on him as he gets out, or if we are going to be outside for more than 1-2 minutes I'll put it on him when we get to our destination. Our preschool was baffled that we don't put his coat on him in the car seat as they see everyone with them on  :o

• Yay, I'm not the only one who doesn't bother with coats!! I feel better now :) I always feel like people are giving me the stink-eye when I take my son out without a coat. Went to a kids indoor play gym yesterday and I didn't bring a coat for DS (because of the car seat thing and we were literally walking outside for less than 1 minute). When we left, the lady working there asked my son "Where's your coat, sweetie? You're gonna be so cold!" and then gave me a look. Whatever.

I keep a coat in the car in case of an emergency, and we have a kid-sized fleece blanket I drape over his lap if it's less than 40 degrees outside until the car warms up. For a newborn, there are warm car seat covers that zip up so you can unzip them when the car gets warm enough. We saved ours for the next baby we have. It was a lifesaver, especially since DS was born in the dead of winter and we had to shuttle him to all those early doctor appointments in the freezing cold!
  • Meanwhile in Russian preschool...

Russians have a word for this and it means having been exposed to cold so that the immune system is stronger. I will say of my three kids, the one who never wants to wear her coat and is always getting in the cold river gets sick less and even if she does has less symptoms. 
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• @matryoshkadoll Riiiight? I was just reading about how Norwegians leave babies outside to nap in sub-zero temperatures because they sleep better, and the cold clean air is better for their system.